• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Size of Southfork

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And still, even though that's a good amount of money, when you think about the value of 100,000 acres of land, ranching has to be one of the lowest investment to return businesses that exist in The USA. I applaud the men and women who do it because even though the ratio of return on the massive value of that much land is relatively low, it's vital work and it puts food on our tables.

So why do it?

Some guys, like Ray, just don't know anything else. It's like they were born to do it and that is what they do.

Some people do it because every other family in town is a ranching family, so it is natural.
This is "drive your tractor to school day" during spirit week. It really does happen and kids used to ask me all the time to borrow my tractors for this.

And some guys have been doing it so long, they just keep up that lifestyle.

This will be me in my old age:

Last edited:

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So why do it?

Some guys, like Ray, just don't know anything else. It's like they were born to do it and that is what they do.

Some people do it because every other family in town is a ranching family, so it is natural.
This is "drive your tractor to school day" during spirit week. It really does happen and kids used to ask me all the time to borrow my tractors for this.

And some guys have been doing it so long, they just keep up that lifestyle.

This will be me in my old age:

I know that feeling. I read in a guitar magazine an interview with a guy who had a rock band, regarding the music business. He said: "You can't just want to be in this business; you have to need to to be in this business."

I love that joke at the end of your post!

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Do you all think that cattle have a big influence on the Dallas-Fort Worth economy?

Do you think that cattle have a big influence on the Dallas-Fort Worth day to day living?

Well, here are the police cars from Fort Worth.

Ya gotta love Texas!

upload_2019-12-2_11-36-5.jpeg

upload_2019-12-2_11-36-27.jpeg

upload_2019-12-2_11-36-56.jpeg

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Quite simply Southfork was a TARDIS, it was bigger on the inside than the outside.

For further proof Miss Ellie regenerated into a glitzy little old lady, didn't like her new body after one season & changed herself back.

There that's the evidence. Now no one tell the BBC about this as they take any breaches of Doctor Who's copyright very seriously! :D

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Quite simply Southfork was a TARDIS, it was bigger on the inside than the outside.

For further proof Miss Ellie regenerated into a glitzy little old lady, didn't like her new body after one season & changed herself back.

There that's the evidence. Now no one tell the BBC about this as they take any breaches of Doctor Who's copyright very seriously! :D

:D
The approximate size of the actual house:

Attachments

• southfork dimensions.jpg
    southfork dimensions.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 201