Countdown Solo Spice

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
20-16: Sad Spice times as one Spice is left out of this five.

BUT WHICH ONE ISN'T IT?

20. Scream if You Wanna Go Faster - GINGER

19. Not Such an Innocent Girl - POSH

18. Free Me - BABY: irresistible - the sound of "a gentle breeze whispering through the voile's of somebody's balcony doors in the south of France" (© Alexis) in all its glory.

17. It's Raining Men - GINGER

16. Goin' Down - SPORTY (my second favourite of this section - it's that fab, sort of plummeting, "grinding gears" sound that comes in whenever she sings the title that makes it; it seems to be a direct lift from the intro of 'Speed of Life' by David Bowie, which opens his Low album. Bowie Spice!)

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Scream if You Wanna Go Faster - GINGER

I thought this was going to be a blockbuster of a hit, probably a million seller*, but it never came close to her previous songs hitting number one. I remember hearing on a long drive from LA to Vegas and couldn't wait to find a record store to buy it.

*As much as I love music, I'm really crap at predicting what will be a hit and what won't.

Clubsoda

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They were sooooo much better as a group than as soloists however I've always had a soft spot for Geri's cover of It's Raining Men, I Turn to You by Mel C and What Took You So Long by Emma.

I think the first two Spice Girls albums are pop classics and deserve respect for what they are. Viva Forever will always be amazing and the memories it evokes of my last year at High School are so strong.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
15. Lift Me Up - GINGER

14. When You're Gone - Bryan Adams ft SPORTY

13. Northern Star - SPORTY

12. Let Your Head Go - POSH

11. Bag it Up - GINGER

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
10. Feels So Good - SCARY (gorgeous)

9. Mi Chico Latino - GINGER

8. Never Be the Same Again - SPORTY ft Left Eye Spice

7. What Took You So Long - BABY

6. What I Am - Tin Tin Out ft. BABY

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Feels So Good - SCARY (gorgeous)
This is my favourite from Mel B

With Geri's 'Scream If You Wanna Go Faster' being my favourite from her, and Mel C, I could never decide on which I like the best between her two duets, the with Bryan Adams or the one with Lisa Left Eye. I have nothing more to say on the other two.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I thought this was going to be a blockbuster of a hit, probably a million seller*, but it never came close to her previous songs hitting number one. I remember hearing on a long drive from LA to Vegas and couldn't wait to find a record store to buy it.

*As much as I love music, I'm really crap at predicting what will be a hit and what won't.
That's so interesting. I remember hearing it for the first time and thinking "Oh no... She's done now!" I hoped there was better to come from the album to save the awful first single. There wasn't. I also remember the first time I saw the cover thinking WTF is that? She went from being this gorgeous glowing pop babe to what even is that? Is it a red catsuit with a tartan skirt? Or red turtle neck and tights with a tartan skirt? Why the roller skates? She just suddenly looked like a oddly perky maths teacher who would annoy the f**k out of you first thing on a Monday morning. The music was dreadful. Not even good decent cheesy pop.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
That's me, always backing the wrong horse! :NI:
This is a true story...
When I first heard Kylie's Cant Get You Out Of My Head I thought WTF is that? It was so different from her disco pop norm that I thought it was awful. I remember it was released around the same time as Posh's song, probably that one I mentioned earlier in the thread, Mind Of It's Own. I remember preferring Posh's song on first listen.
Obviously that all changed, but there was a time.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Also this thread is reminding of the joy I used to get from reading pop magazines and buying physical CD singles. I absolutely loved CD1 and CD2 releases. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
5. Look at Me - GINGER

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
4. Maybe - BABY (still, I think, my favourite Spice-related song of all)

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
3. Out of Your Mind - Truesteppers & Dane Bowers ft POSH (music by sexy robots for sexy robots)

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
2. I Turn to You - SPORTY

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score