• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I got desperate tonight and had some time on my hands, so I started googling cached webpages. Didn't find much so I focused on specific websites that house aggregated web cache content or whatever. Still, no luck.

Then, I took the url of a thread from the old board and pasted it into the engines. Again, nothing came up, but when I did it on cachedpages.com and clicked the webarchive.com button, that took me to an error page which asked if I wanted to search again using just the soapchat.net url. YES, OF COURSE. I clicked on the link at the bottom of the page and it brought up 75,943 url results. This page inevatibly stalled (because that's just too much).

I closed the tab, went to history, and started the process over again, this time being careful to right click and copy the url on the link at the bottom which asked if I wanted to search again just using the soapchet.net url. I pasted it into the web bowser. I then added more url details behind "soapchat.net/," such as "/index.php?forums" and clicked enter. This brought me to a page with only 6,367 url results. Much more manageable. I did a search on the page for multiple random terms "Danny," "Blake," "Dominique." Each found multiple results on the page. I decided to go with "Blake," scaling the page to see which url with his name found on the page looked interesting enough to click. I found one so I right clicked and opened it in a new tab. Voila. An archived thread had loaded.

Through the links on this archived page, I was then able to navigate to the main forum page from August 2016. I then proceeded to navigate around from there. Unfortunately, many of the links don't work. But some do.

If you want to start with the Dynasty Forum, you can follow this link:

http://web.archive.org/web/20150812...t/index.php?forums/dynasty-official-forum.19/

As I said, many of these links on the page don't work, but there could be a lot of content some of you have been looking for which is still available. It's worth playing around with! I'm too tired to continue digging tonight. But if you have the patience and the memory, you may want to try this, too. It will be great if we can find more lost data, specifically more recent threads.

FYI: The "Chronology Project" Thread seems to be in tact. Someone ought to back that up immeeeeeejetlé.

Good luck with these findings.

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This link goes to a calendar showing the last times archive.org was updated with pages from the old Dynasty forum. January 2 and April 21. If you click them, you'll see what appears to be the old forum (archived) with a listing of threads. But none of the links thread as those individual pages were apparently not aggregated. :( :( :(

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've already tried this for the Colbys forum: Dynasty II: Can You Tell It Apart From Dynasty I?
Unfortunately, only two pages were saved by cachedview.

Personally I don't think it's very useful to restore every old thread, even if it was possible. These threads were just there, and every year or so someone revived it with an additional post.
Besides, who has the time and energy to repost every page from the old forum?
It's over and done with, and the current discussions are relevant in the here and now.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, there are about a dozen or so threads I wish we hadn't lost.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But there are also threads I'm glad are gone (for example, the first few threads I myself posted; I cringe every time I think of them).
Yeah, I usually got a little worried whenever I received an "alert" that someone had quoted a very old post of mine.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, I usually got a little worried whenever I received an "alert" that someone had quoted a very old post of mine.

You and me both, pal. lol Although, I still get nervous whenever I see somebody quoting me, because I'm worried I'm going to be told what I just said was stupid. Course I'm paranoid like that, haha.

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How did I fail to notice that egregious typo? "Some, " not "Same."

Missing the good old days when you could just ask an admin to fix it.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Look. You might find them.

I, for one, am looking for the "Danny: The most important Carrington, Reece, Morrell, Colby of them all" thread.

I wonder if Danny should have been a pawn more often in all the scheming and blackmailing and whatnot. If anything to see Claudia, Krystle and Sammy Jo all go Mama Bear whenever he's threatened or harmed. :D

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I wonder if Danny should have been a pawn more often in all the scheming and blackmailing and whatnot. If anything to see Claudia, Krystle and Sammy Jo all go Mama Bear whenever he's threatened or harmed. :D

Absolutely. I think more of his adult role in a continuation, however.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know why but twice I have misread the title of this thread as Some Poached Eggs From The Old Forum Discovered.