Spiritual FC.

Arlene Halloran

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Throughout a nine year run FC had a spiritual undertone, to make it distinctive from the other three. There was Father Bob Curtis a real life catholic priest in the cast, leading star Jane Wyman was a devout catholic and in quite a bizarre twist Julia became a nun. I liked the spiritual religious concept of the show. What about you?

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Being from Spain I liked that too. Not to mention that Father Christopher was the incarnation of original sin. Guilt and manipulation are two "spiritual" things that were always present in the plots.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I like that there was a religious thread running through the show, although when your convict daughter is on the run, you should probably cancel the big church wedding. Or had Julia already died in the pumpghouse by then?

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
On Dallas everyone seemed to get married at home, on Dynasty it would be a day trip to Las Vegas for the nuptials

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I like that there was a religious thread running through the show, although when your convict daughter is on the run, you should probably cancel the big church wedding. Or had Julia already died in the pumpghouse by then?

No she hadn't. Disguised as a nun Julia escaped from the chapel during the wedding, after Chase pursued her. Then she went back to Falcon Crest, done a terrible act when she kidnapped Joseph and took him to the hideout, which was the springhouse.

The spiritual/religious concept was imho a good distinction, in FALCON CREST. While Fr. Bob Curtis wasn't in the main cast he was always on hand to provide support for Mrs. Channing, if needed. His guidance for Fr. Christopher Rossini was a good storyline. Putting Julia into a convent could be viewed by some as slightly far fetched, since she was never particularly religious unlike her mother and would have been as far away from a typical nun, as you're ever likely to encounter. However the priest envisaged potential in Julia, who earlier done a nun parody. Abby Dalton's character found peace in her new Oregon home and she needed this, very much. Fr. Bob's scenes with Melissa in season 6 were compelling.

Father Bob Curtis is being interviewed about his time in California's Tuscany Valley show, ('behind the scenes' from season 1-9, 1981-'90):

"I enjoyed working with many of the cast members. Jane and I have been friends for many years; she is one of a kind and a real professional. Ana Alicia is a sweet person. I baptised her children. Abby Dalton was a special favourite. Among the guest stars, Kim Novak was one of many I found to be of generous spirit. It was especially interesting to be on set with Mariska Hargitay (Jayne Mansfield's daughter), since she had been a student of mine while she attended our parish school."

Chloe-Fusco

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No she hadn't. Disguised as a nun Julia escaped from the chapel during the wedding, after Chase pursued her. Then she went back to Falcon Crest, done a terrible act when she kidnapped Joseph and took him to the hideout, which was the springhouse.

The spiritual/religious concept was imho a good distinction, in FALCON CREST. While Fr. Bob Curtis wasn't in the main cast he was always on hand to provide support for Mrs. Channing, if needed. His guidance for Fr. Christopher Rossini was a good storyline. Putting Julia into a convent could be viewed by some as slightly far fetched, since she was never particularly religious unlike her mother and would have been as far away from a typical nun, as you're ever likely to encounter. However the priest envisaged potential in Julia, who earlier done a nun parody. Abby Dalton's character found peace in her new Oregon home and she needed this, very much. Fr. Bob's scenes with Melissa in season 6 were compelling.

Father Bob Curtis is being interviewed about his time in California's Tuscany Valley show, ('behind the scenes' from season 1-9, 1981-'90):

"I enjoyed working with many of the cast members. Jane and I have been friends for many years; she is one of a kind and a real professional. Ana Alicia is a sweet person. I baptised her children. Abby Dalton was a special favourite. Among the guest stars, Kim Novak was one of many I found to be of generous spirit. It was especially interesting to be on set with Mariska Hargitay (Jayne Mansfield's daughter), since she had been a student of mine while she attended our parish school."
Chase literally chasing Julia through the church is very funny. Julia locked him in a cupboard as revenge, didn't she?

Falcon Crest I

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Chase literally chasing Julia through the church is very funny. Julia locked him in a cupboard as revenge, didn't she?

Yeah it provided a few giggles I'm sure. Well it wasn't as macabre as trying to kill him at point blank range, at Vickie's wedding but then she used Angela and Philip as target practice, at their wedding. To put the tin hat on it she had the nun's habit on. Only Falcon Crest could get away with that.