Coronation Street SPOILER Ben Price QUITS Coronation Street as Nick Tilsley

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Ben Price QUITS Coronation Street as Nick Tilsley set to leave soap in explosive storyline

The actor – who plays Nick Tilsley in the ITV soap – has decided to leave the role he has played since 2009 after deciding to step back from acting to spend time with his family.

Nick will leave the soap in the summer in an explosive storyline that sees the secret of his partner Leanne Battersby’s baby’s father be exposed.

“Coronation Street has been the most significant part of my career and I have had a fantastic seven years here,” the actor said in a statement to the Mirror.

The restaurateur will be seen leaving the cobbles after it emerges that Steve McDonald is the father of Leanne's baby, leaving Steve and Michelle in tatters and ready to divorce.

The Sun exclusively revealed how the Rovers couple will divorce as the secret emerges following their devastating loss of baby Ruairi at just 23 weeks into the pregnancy.

the marriage of the golden pair finally comes crashing down — as the inevitable happens and Michelle discovers that Steve is the father of Leanne Battersby’s baby.

I can reveal that Michelle will file for a divorce from the pub landlord as she finally finds out Steve has got Leanne (played by JANE DANSON) pregnant after a drunken one-night stand.

And the barmaid’s fury sparks a full-on battle on the cobbles over The Rovers, as she brings in the lawyers to take control of the pub — while Peter Barlow also decides he’d like to get his hands on the local landmark.

A Corrie source revealed: “Michelle finally discovers the extent of Steve’s betrayal and, as expected, she doesn’t deal with it lightly.

She goes totally berserk and declares war on Steve. She brings in the lawyers and tells the love rat she’s going to divorce him. She vows she will never forgive him and then she drops the big bombshell.

“She tells him she’s going to be taking half of everything the couple own, including the pub. It sparks a huge row on the Street. Steve is in for several weeks from hell.”

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
LOL BF, you put SPOILER in the title and then announced what it was :lol:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I used to but he's a real pain in the ass now.
Yes, I liked him too, but ever since they gave him that brain damage story, they also gave him a new way to act and it's ruined the character.

I don't want to lose a long term character like Nick, but the way it's been going over the last few years I've found him nothing but annoying to watch.

Englishboy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
they also gave him a new way to act and it's ruined the character.
I can't put my finger on it but there's something about his style of acting which really irks me now.

Also, his is a character who is over used in the show.

Let's hope his departure leads to a lower profile for Leanne who is another who has also started to irritate this viewer..

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Oh God Leanne always irritated me. Never liked her. All that stomping about and whinge whinge whinge.