• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Spoiler!!! Huge Season 2 Spoiler!!! Read At Own Risk!!!

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
I agree. If the series becomes a bunch of catty bitches no one is going to enjoy that at all. A series has to establish itself in some realism otherwise people will look at Dynasty 2.0 as nothing to offer us workaholics. I enjoy escapism television just as long as I can identify with a character or characters. My recent viewing of this reincarnation of Dynasty had me rooting for Cristal, Steven and Sam. I was intrigued by Anders and Michael. The three main characters I should be enthralled by; Blake, Fallon and Alexis left a bitter taste in my mouth.

This series promoted itself as how the 1% of the 1% live right? None of them had any class. Fallon's constant put downs with a voice which could strip wallpaper shows a lack of education. I left feeling a little flat from the whole experience.

Several years back when I longed for a continuation of original Dynasty, I always thought that Rachel Bilson would have made a great Lauren Colby since I thought her mannerisms were somewhat similar to PSM's Fallon.

Brian Carrington Colby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A new TVLine.com article on the Dynasty Season 1 finale, along with speculation as to who survives the fire, and most of all, the fate of Cristal. All this, and a poll on how we the people think the Cristal cliffhanger will be resolved!!!

https://tvline.com/2018/06/29/dynasty-season-2-cristal-dies-survives-fire-spoilers-speculation/

One interesting takeaway from this article is, while discussing Nathalie Kelley's interview regarding her not filming Season 2, The CW would not confirm Nathalie's statements. It has been over a week now and not a peep from anyone connected to Dynasty, saying yes or no or even wait and see, pertaining to Nathalie's interview and Cristal's fate.

The mystery continues........

Brian Carrington Colby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
There is a lot to be said about interpreting body language. As Nathalie speaks about not reading anything for Season 2 or filming in Atlanta there is a little twinkle in her eye...as if to say I know something but I'm not about to tell you.

If it's the case Nathalie is not returning at all I'd imagine those behind the scenes wouldn't be so thrilled to hear she has just blurted those details to the world. Such a shame really. I recently watched Dynasty 2.0 and actually enjoyed Nathalie's performance as Cristal. On a side note she looks stunning in this chit chat video, more so than the series.

She might be coming back for season 3, maybe that's why she kept referring to season 2! :)

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Frankly that sounds kind of odd, considering the first episode of season two ought to be focusing a lot of screen time on resolving the loose ends of the cliffhanger of the previous season. This sounds like a plot outline for a multi-episode story arc that would happen later in the season--at least an episode or two after they shake off the fallout from the fire at the stables. To have all that happen in one episode--an episode that would also be required to resolve the fates of multiple characters left in jeopardy--seems a bit of a stretch.

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
I'm going to be majorly pissed if the show ends up sweeping the season finale under the rug by basically pretending it didn't even happen. They seriously need to spend at least the first episode or two of the season addressing what happened and then they can move on to whatever they wanted to focus on. If the show ends up acting like Cristal didn't exist in the first place and basically treat her like she wasn't even that important of a character to begin with... I think I'm going to just quit watching altogether. This is so horribly disrespectful not only to Nathalie Kelley but also to Cristal. If the CW/Dynasty chooses to go this route they are going to turn off so many viewers that it's not even funny and their ratings are going to go even further down the tubes. You know what? I'll be really thrilled when that happens because this is the exact kind of karma they deserve for turning in such a mediocre product.

E-JULIAN

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Reading these snippets I see a complete departure from the original Dynasty... No Cristal! What about Blake? And Alexis? I kept watching the NuDynasty because it transpired a -let's call it- little homage to the classic (on dialogues and plots -even twisted for the new series) but what it'll be now? Just a new series with some characters sharing their names with the original Carringtons??? New viewers will not buy this, and the old ones -classic Dynasty fans giving a chance to the new one- will be lost.
Hope I'm wrong and NuDynasty will continue adapting classic plots, not transforming it in a brand new soap opera because in this case I think there will be no season 3.

Last edited:

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Far be it from me to defend peach DYNASTY, but old DYNASTY itself changed from a show about a working class outsider (Krystle) and whether she would survive in this cutthroat world of a mega rich family to one of Blake and Alexis fighting each other, slowly making Krystle irrelevant (to the point she would be replaced with an impostor for 10 weeks and nobody blinked an eye). So, even if it were to happen, it would not be so un-DYNASTY.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Took me a while to figure out the reason for it to be called peach Dynasty, as my Netflix-app always cuts off the ending credits after a few seconds. :D

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Georgia Peach logo is a part of so many TV shows these days, it's almost as common as the MGM lion. I think I read somewhere that Georgia is second only to California in film and TV production--even more $$ than New York.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Just at the moment? :D

ChrisSumner

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Granted they just started filming a couple weeks back, but there’s been such a lack of official news. Most of the cw’s other returning shows even have teaser trailers out. The writers never did a post finale interview setting expectations for season two. There have been no casting announcements which is Odd considering the spoilers above mention new characters who presumably would already be cast. Odd they’re doing nothing to build any kind of buzz.

Hopefully August is a good month for us Dynasty fans and we get an idea who is playing Kirby, Dominique and Liam’s family.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They did? That means a part of season 2 already exists, and we have no idea what's happening there! Roll on October!

Well we do have some idea what's ahppening. Have you read these snippets from episode 2 Willie?

It sounds like the Van Kirks are replacing the Colbys as the new Colbys, with Liam and Fallon having an arranged marriage (Liam being the new Jeff) and now Fallon now some kind of goings on between Fallon and his uncle.