Coronation Street Spoilers

LouiseP

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Agree with all you say, Barbara Fan. As for the Bethany storyline which is set to go on tlll October , well that is just the pits. For all the people saying is is an important story to tell, I agree but not on Corrie. I watched 3 Girls and that opened my eyes ! Corrie is not the platform for this.

As for who pushed Ken, I couldn't give a kipper ! The soap police are all over the Street but as for the Bethany storyline they are nowhere to be seen and it is set to go and on and on and on.

Yes, Sarah goes to the police . Guess who is the policeman ? Yes, the guy who abused Bethany! The lady policeman goes around with a sidekick to investigate Ken's case but suddenly there is only one policeman for Bethany's case. All contrived.

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I watched 3 Girls and that opened my eyes ! Corrie is not the platform for this.

It's never going to be as harrowing as the excellent Three Girls, but I do believe there's room to cover this story. In fact I think stories like these should be exposed in any way possible. There's a lot of crap going on out on our streets and only showing this in certain shows won't help raise the alarms that are so desperately needed.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
This one is for you @LouiseP

Coronation Street's Nathan Curtis will end up in jail when grooming storyline concludes

Coronation Street star Christopher Harper has revealed that the show's hard-hitting grooming story will conclude with Nathan Curtis going to prison.

Bethany's abuser Nathan was finally arrested last week after the Platts discovered the truth about him, but the plot is set to run on for a while longer as he gets freed again due to the lack of evidence against him.

With Bethany still in denial over her ordeal, it's clear there is a long journey ahead – but viewers will be relieved to know that Nathan will get his comeuppance eventually after the teen testifies against him in court.

Speaking to the Radio Times, Chris said: "The bravery it takes for someone who's been abused to testify against their abuser is not to be understated.

"We're going to be watching Lucy [Fallon] as Bethany take a massive journey. But I'm very pleased that Nathan won't be around for that."

Corrie producer Kate Oates recently confirmed that Bethany would be taking some power back when she finally sees Nathan's true colours.

She said: "What is nice about where this storyline goes is that when the scales do fall from Bethany's eyes, and she does realise it's not right, she takes some power back.

"We see Bethany being active in saving herself rather than just being told. It's a story for feminists – I really wanted her to take some of that power back."

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards

Killer Pat Phelan confesses to his crimes

Coronation Street killer Pat Phelan is certainly a man with a lot of sins to unburden, so as he prepares to make a confession, it could take some time! Having stood by and watched Michael Rodwell die and also killed off Andy Carver, he has serious blood on his hands.

And that’s before we take into account the fact that he assaulted Anna Windass, committed blackmail and duped half the street out of cash. Yet, recently, the villainous builder has shown that there is more to him than sneering, trickery and murder.

We have seen his tender side well and truly exposed as he tries to build a relationship with the daughter he only just discovered he had, Nicola Rubenstein. When the DNA test proves that he is her father, he is delighted.

And as he realises the nice things he can have in life – a marriage, a family, a business and looking after youngsters like Seb, we could see a changed man. But what’s done is done and his crimes play on Phelan’s mind as he balks at the prospect of Nicola ever seeing his true colours.

Visiting a church, Phelan heads to the confessional booth where he tells the priest that he deserves punishment for the bad things that he has done.

But what form will that justice take?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
As long as he doesn't change his sexy overbite
When I read the headline about him confessing, I was worried it might be the end of the character. Thankfully a church confession doesn't mean he will be caught.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Bethany Platt to be kidnapped and KILLED by Mel

Bethany Platt has had a VERY tough time of it in Coronation Street this year.

After being manipulated into a sex ring by Nathan, she was brutally gang raped.

Once she was saved by the Platts, Neil - one of the culprits - pretended to be a lovely policeman and got her to lie about his involvement.

But it all seemed to be finally looking rosy for Bethany, as Craig Tinker managed to secretly record a confession from Neil, which got him and Nathan banged up.

However, we seem to have forgotten about Mel - Nathan's girlfriend, who'd helped groom Bethany.

And new pictures from Corrie show her brutally kidnapping the teen.

In the pictures, a deranged Mel is seen dragging Bethany to deserted railway tracks by her hair.

She threatens her with a crow bar, and Bethany looks scared for her life.

It gets worse as Bethany tries to make a run for it - straight into the path of an oncoming train.

Will she survive the horrific attack?

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
a deranged Mel is seen dragging Bethany to deserted railway tracks by her hair.

Wish she would get rid of the cheap Myra Hindley blonde look, its tacky

its too much to ask that they would kill off Bethany, the plot gets more far fetched - as does Corrie

whatever happened to Andy and where did he end up?? do we know??

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
whatever happened to Andy and where did he end up?? do we know??

The last we saw of Andy was when Pat caught him spying on him. They fought and when Andy was on the ground, Pat went to bash his head in with a laptop.

Then we saw Pat moving what looked like a body wrapped in a carpet into the back of his van. Leading the viewers to think Pat killed Andy.

I think it was on his wedding day and they showed Pat with mud on his shoes.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards

Craig Tinker identifies Bethany Platt’s dead body after train track horror?

There is a horrific turn of events ahead in Coronation Street as the dead body of a teenage girl is found on the railway tracks – after Bethany Platt is confronted by a violent Mel Maguire with a blunt tool just hours before.

Sneaky pictures have already been released showing Lucy Fallon and Sonia Ibrahim having a a battle on the tracks after Mel kidnaps Bethany in a bid to get her to drop the case against sex ring predator Nathan Curtis.