• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Spotted: KL Actors in Other Roles

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I've been rewatching Soap, my favorite sitcom of all time, if you can't tell by my avatar, and just saw an episode where both Ted Shackleford (yes, I know, not a supporting character) and Lynne Moody are guest stars. Moody had a short recurring role as a main character's love interest (interracial--shocking!), and Ted showed up as the most ridiculous caricature of a cowboy I've ever seen, threatening and mocking Billy Crystal's gay character.

I also re-watched the whole show not too long ago, and lol´d when I saw TS. It was even funnier because Jodie (B. Crystal) introduced himself as "Jodie DALLAS" (double lol!). Actually Ted looked more like Rusty, that old love of dear ol´Valeeeene.

Ewingjee

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
That's right! I was just watching an ep with Miller, and I knew he had been in Knots, but I wasn't placing him. Wasn't Scooter played by two different actors?

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
For one episode of KL, John Considine played Scooter. I'm guessing Miller was not available, since he guest-starred all over the place. Considine later (late-1980s) took on the role of evil uber-villain Reginald Love on Another World, who had a litany of past sins that would have made JR Ewing blush.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
We've had a run of very hot days during the last week so on Saturday afternoon I just zonked out in front of the TV and watched George Burns and Blossom's dad in Oh God! You Devil (1984).

Robert Desiderio (Ted Melcher) has a small role as a singer who sold his soul to the devil, and Danny Ponce (one of the many Jason Averys) pops up briefly as well.

Chris2

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is a fun thread.

Clyde Kusatsu has appeared in everything in the last 45 years that has called for an Asian American man of a certain age. He has a resume literally a mile long. He was also Rev. Chong on “All in the Family” (a recurring character).

Lynne Moody was not available to play Jenny Willis when “The Jeffersons” spun off from “All in the Family” because she was busy doing another sitcom: “That’s My Mama”, which only lasted a couple of years. Too bad for her.

Jack Bannon was the son of Bea Benaderet, who was the mom, Kate Bradley, on “Petticoat Junction” and Cousin Pearl (Jethro’s mom) on “Beverly Hillbillies.”

hatayas

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Just spotted Lorenzo Caccialanza (Nick), as one of the doctors' father in Grey's Anatomy...
I still cant believe I recognized him.:)

Last edited:

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Daniel Gerroll (Treadwell) appears briefly as the head of the university where Julianne Moore's character works in Still Alice (2014).

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lorenzo Caccialanza (Nick) has turned up in Grey's Anatomy as the father of Meredith's latest beau/medical researcher/mad doctor.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I remember spotting Jack Bannon (Scott Easton) doing a spot of bumping off on Remington Steele. James Houghton popped up in that show but I suppose he isn’t a supporting player.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I guess she would count as "strong supporting"---look what Lisa Hartman Black and hubby Clint have been up to!
https://tvline.com/2020/11/12/the-m...a-hartman-snow-owls-season-4-interview-video/

Hope they didn't leave any 'droppings' on the stage.
Droppings? Fred Owl was impeccably behaved on all three series of Ace of Wands, when both of it (Fred Owl blossomed into Frederica and the part was taken over by the similarly named Fred Owl for series 3) played Ozymandias and received a screen credit. Only the time when a large snake was on set caused Fred to fly into the rafters and not come down until the set was cleared. They used to take Fred 1 down the pub at lunchtime.

769F011C-AEBF-4A06-AAA9-31E3A85392F5.jpeg
4EEA05DF-FF81-4C45-89B3-E94B859179D1.jpeg
3EBBA4D8-D1BB-48B0-8023-4496960757C2.jpeg

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I guess she would count as "strong supporting"---look what Lisa Hartman Black and hubby Clint have been up to!

I just had a listen to their version of The Prayer, and she's still got it.

If she decided to record some new songs off the back of this I'd be very happy indeed.

Billy Nolan

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lisa Hartman in the film "The 17th Bride" - the film adaptation of a novella by Ladislav Grosman. The film is one of Lisa Hartman's lesser-known films, but one of her best in my opinion. It was shot in Israel, Germany and Czech Republic. It is a very "quiet" film that carefully deals with the topic of the Progrom and the persecution of the Jews and has a lasting effect.

17th bride3.JPG
17th bride4.JPG
17thbride.jpg

Billy Nolan

LV

Reaction score
Awards
James Houghton in "Code R"
Code R 3.JPG

Joe Regalbuto and Ted Shackelford in "Love Boat", Paul Carafotes in "Heading Broadway"
Love Boat with Regalbuto.jpg
heading broadway.jpg

Billy Nolan

LV

Reaction score
Awards