Tea/coffee: With sugar or without?

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
Medals
I probably only drink about 2 cups of coffee per week. I can't have sugar so I have one spoon of xylitol which is a healthy sweetener (I think it's made from a tree bark). It's great for anyone who wants a healthy alternative. It looks just like sugar and you use the same amount.

1597357251206.png

I very rarely drink black tea although I drink a lot of homemade chai and will add a tea bag if I want a caffeine hit. I'll add a spoonful of xylitol to that too. But mostly I drink matcha with no sweetener.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
These kind of discussions always remind me of this scene in Airplane! (1980).

Emelee

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
Had coffee at work today and they had run out of milk. I decided to try a little bit of sugar instead. Yuck!!! Never again. Wasn't to my liking.

Rove

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
Near my place of work there is a cafe with one of the best reputations in town. During my first break I enjoy a cappuccino, no sugar, as the chocolate sprinkled on top creates the sweetness. At home I will have one coffee (with milk) in the morning but since it's instant I'll add half a teaspoon of raw sugar just to give it some kick. My dad loves tea. I cannot handle the smell or taste and so when he visits I present all the ingredients on a serving tray for him to make. Strangely even though I didn't make it he says it always tastes better.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My only real contribution to the great debate is that I always prefer having my tea out of a mug with the handle on the left hand side. I can't seem to pick the mug up properly otherwise.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only real contribution to the great debate is that I always prefer having my tea out of a mug with the handle on the left hand side. I can't seem to pick the mug up properly otherwise.

I'm right handed, so I use the mug with the handle facing to the right.

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've just had a mug of tea and I used my right hand to drink it with. I didn't have any sugar in it though.

Okay, I think that's everyone up to date with all my news.

Crimson

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
I drink my coffee (both hot & cold brew) with French vanilla creamer, which is already pretty sweet so no additional sugar is needed. In fact, I go pretty heavy on the creamer because I don't like the taste of coffee too much. If someone would invent French vanilla cream with caffeine, I could just bypass the coffee entirely.