• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Tea/coffee: With sugar or without?

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I probably only drink about 2 cups of coffee per week. I can't have sugar so I have one spoon of xylitol which is a healthy sweetener (I think it's made from a tree bark). It's great for anyone who wants a healthy alternative. It looks just like sugar and you use the same amount.

1597357251206.png

I very rarely drink black tea although I drink a lot of homemade chai and will add a tea bag if I want a caffeine hit. I'll add a spoonful of xylitol to that too. But mostly I drink matcha with no sweetener.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Had coffee at work today and they had run out of milk. I decided to try a little bit of sugar instead. Yuck!!! Never again. Wasn't to my liking.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Near my place of work there is a cafe with one of the best reputations in town. During my first break I enjoy a cappuccino, no sugar, as the chocolate sprinkled on top creates the sweetness. At home I will have one coffee (with milk) in the morning but since it's instant I'll add half a teaspoon of raw sugar just to give it some kick. My dad loves tea. I cannot handle the smell or taste and so when he visits I present all the ingredients on a serving tray for him to make. Strangely even though I didn't make it he says it always tastes better.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My only real contribution to the great debate is that I always prefer having my tea out of a mug with the handle on the left hand side. I can't seem to pick the mug up properly otherwise.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My only real contribution to the great debate is that I always prefer having my tea out of a mug with the handle on the left hand side. I can't seem to pick the mug up properly otherwise.

I'm right handed, so I use the mug with the handle facing to the right.

Mo Mouse

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've just had a mug of tea and I used my right hand to drink it with. I didn't have any sugar in it though.

Okay, I think that's everyone up to date with all my news.

Crimson

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I drink my coffee (both hot & cold brew) with French vanilla creamer, which is already pretty sweet so no additional sugar is needed. In fact, I go pretty heavy on the creamer because I don't like the taste of coffee too much. If someone would invent French vanilla cream with caffeine, I could just bypass the coffee entirely.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't drink tea or coffee. I just never developed the taste for them - although, oddly, I do like coffee-flavoured ice cream.
I do like cocoa which I drink left-handed despite being right-handed.

Mo Mouse

LV

Reaction score
Awards
The debate rages on. If I may, I'll throw into the mix that I had a cup of decaf coffee today. It was alright.

Cutie

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
Vivre Sa Vie
I prefer really bitter coffee.
My first cup in the morning I take with a tea spoon of solid coconut oil. And froth the coffee before the coconut oil melts into the cup completely. It’s really smooth and I know it’s definitely the Placebo but I feel it helps boost and wake me better. ( Cause MCT’s can directly go into to the liver and be metabolized into ketones.)
My other 3-4 cups I do a splash of milk just to give it a bit of color.
I haven’t had coffee with sugar, sweeteners, syrups etc in so long but I probably wouldn’t like it.
Tea it just doesn’t do it for me I’d rather drink spicy soup in a cup rather than tea. Sorry :/

The Lovely Sue Ellen

LV

Reaction score
Awards
So if this is this the worst problem I have, I'm blessed. I went to get coffee yesterday, and when I arrived at work I discovered they had put sugar in it. I always emphasize, "No sugar." I have a sweet tooth, but for some reason putting it in my coffee or tea makes it undrinkable. I can only have a little bit of milk in my coffee, and as far as tea goes it can't have anything in it.
Anyone else who can't drink coffee with sugar?
I have to have sugar with coffee, but with Tea..... no sugar! I can not stand sweet tea
Disgusting and undrinkable

Marika

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I only drink coffee once in a blue moon, but if I do, I need to add a bit of sugar, otherwise it's too bitter.

With tea, it depends on the flavour ... I usually only add sugar to black tea.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
With tea, it depends on the flavour ... I usually only add sugar to black tea.

I never do that-- it's always straight-up for me.