• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Tell Me Who I Am

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This was one of the best, most powerful, documentaries I've seen in a long time. At first I was totally intrigued by the fantastical, almost soap opera-like, elements of the story; the identical twins, one of whom suffers amnesia after an accident, the strange aristocratic parents, the creepy mansion full of dark secrets, but I wasn't quite prepared for the emotional gut punch that came with them as the story unravels. It's heart breaking stuff. Highly recommended. (NETFLIX)

One reviewer said it's probably best to go into it knowing as little as possible, and I tend to agree.

But here's the trailer anyway.

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I just watched this and I didn't watch the trailer before hand. It does start off as this fantastical story. I just kept thinking of all those '80s soap amnesia storylines that would have all been going on around the time that these events were unfolding. I guess sometime early to mid '80s by the looks of it. Dates aren't given. It's a great documentary but I just had no idea where it was all going to lead. As bits of the darkness started to come to light i soon realised it isn't a fantastical story it's a horrible nightmare.

And at the same time a testament to true love. Brotherly, sibling love. To what lengths we will go to protect those we love from harm. Definitely worth a watch.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just watched this and I didn't watch the trailer before hand. It does start off as this fantastical story. I just kept thinking of all those '80s soap amnesia storylines that would have all been going on around the time that these events were unfolding. I guess sometime early to mid '80s by the looks of it. Dates aren't given. It's a great documentary but I just had no idea where it was all going to lead. As bits of the darkness started to come to light i soon realised it isn't a fantastical story it's a horrible nightmare.

And at the same time a testament to true love. Brotherly, sibling love. To what lengths we will go to protect those we love from harm. Definitely worth a watch.

There was just so many layers to the implications of the position each brother found themselves in. One desperately needing to know the truth, and the other desperately running from it. And I really felt for Marcus in the predicament he was in, knowing that knowledge of that secret would forever change Alex, and it also being one he couldn't bare to face himself. But it also raises a lot of questions about the nature of memory and how it affects us in the present. The fact that the one with amnesia was spared the memories of his childhood and was able to cultivate a loving relationship with his mother, basically a complete stranger, could lead you to the conclusion that in some ways his memory loss was a wonderful gift, although he didn't see it that way. And you wonder, although each one would carry the scars of what happened, how different it is for the one without the memories of it. Not being haunted by them.

The whole scenario was so bizarre, if you saw that story in a movie you'd think a it was too far fetched. It left me with a lot to think about.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
There was just so many layers to the implications of the position each brother found themselves in. One desperately needing to know the truth, and the other desperately running from it. And I really felt for Marcus in the predicament he was in, knowing that knowledge of that secret would forever change Alex, and it also being one he couldn't bare to face himself. But it also raises a lot of questions about the nature of memory and how it affects us in the present. The fact that the one with amnesia was spared the memories of his childhood and was able to cultivate a loving relationship with his mother, basically a complete stranger, could lead you to the conclusion that in some ways his memory loss was a wonderful gift, although he didn't see it that way. And you wonder, although each one would carry the scars of what happened, how different it is for the one without the memories of it. Not being haunted by them.

The whole scenario was so bizarre, if you saw that story in a movie you'd think a it was too far fetched. It left me with a lot to think about.
I also found it so fascinating that he knew his twin right away. He knew nothing at all of the world he lived in. Not his mother or his father or his home or any of that but he knew his brother. The one he shared the deepest bond to. There is some kind of natural, primitive survival mechanism in that I think.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I also found it so fascinating that he knew his twin right away. He knew nothing at all of the world he lived in. Not his mother or his father or his home or any of that but he knew his brother. The one he shared the deepest bond to. There is some kind of natural, primitive survival mechanism in that I think.

Yes, that was really strange. I've never heard of case of total amnesia with the exception of one person. I guess it says something about that special connection twins have, especially identical twins.

Justine

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Watched this yesterday and the twists and turns this took completely threw me. I did not expect it to be that, until about halfway in and I started to suspect...

I really had to motivate myself to watch because the trailer didn't entice me too much and now I'm annoyed I didn't watch the day it arrived on Netflix.