The Affair

Zach

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Affair starring Ruth Wilson and Dominic West as Alison and Noah returns for its third season on Nov. 20.

http://www.sho.com/video/42218/the-affair-returns

I'm really excited for this, season 1 and 2 were outstanding. The actors are really amazing. I can't remember seeing a show like this before. It's beautifully shot and has a unique way of telling its story. Season two introduced us to Helen's and Cole's POV.

Jessie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Season 3 has started watched the first 2 episodes. I love this season not sure what they have planned for us yet.

Have you started watching yet @Zach ?

Bobby's Angel

Telly Talk Newbie
LV

Reaction score
I watched the first 2 seasons in 10 days, so addictive and draws you right in to everyone's story. On season 3 now.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I recently finished Season 1. I loved it. It's like a book!

Jessie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
One of my favourite seasons, I wonder if there will be a season 4?
I loved how this season ended.

Jessie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Affair’ Renewed For Season 4 By Showtime Ahead Of Season 3 Finale – TCA

Three weeks before the January 29 Season 3 finale, which was filmed entirely in Paris, Showtime’s drama series The Affair has been picked up for a fourth season. The series, starring Dominic West, Ruth Wilson, Maura Tierney and Joshua Jackson, was one of three fall series on the premium cable network, along with Shameless and Masters Of Sex. Of them, The Affair and veteran Shameless were renewed and Masters Of Sex ended its run after four seasons.

The Affair, winner of three Golden Globes for its first and second season, including best drama series, explores the emotional and psychological effects of an affair that destroyed two marriages, and the crime that brings these individuals back together, as told through multiple perspectives.

Season 3 of The Affair, created by Sarah Treem and Hagai Levi, picked up three years after Noah’s (West) shocking admission of guilt at the murder trial of Scott Lockhart. Noah attempts to restart his life, but the damage wrought by his past decisions has made him a ghost of his former self. Alison (Wilson) has been raising daughter Joanie alongside Cole (Jackson) and Luisa (Catalina Sandino Moreno) in Montauk, but Alison’s past continues to rear its ugly head as Cole and Luisa attempt to build their own future. For Helen (Tierney), life appears to continue on, but just below the surface of a successful business and a bustling home lies uncertainty with her boyfriend Vik (Omar Metwally), instability amongst her children, and an unshakeable feeling of guilt.

In Season 3, Irene Jacob joined the cast providing the series’ fifth perspective, playing Juliette Le Gall, a new love interest of Noah’s, running from her own secrets, who helps him process a trauma from his past and understand himself a little better.

Treem executive produces the series along with Jeffrey Reiner.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Almost finished season 4, and I wonder, what is it that makes The Affair so mesmerizing and addictive? I'd hate to see it end but apparently season 5 is going to be the last one.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Almost finished season 4, and I wonder, what is it that makes The Affair so mesmerizing and addictive? I'd hate to see it end but apparently season 5 is going to be the last one.

I´ll soon watch Season 4 and I agree with you about the effect the show has on us viewers. I think it just has a good team of writers and a very compelling cast, sometimes that´s enough if there´s inspiration in the mix. Anyway, I'm dreading to watch Season 4 because of a certain spoiler I won´t mention here...

:ms: :omg:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Yes this was a very emotional season, maybe the exorcism was more powerful than they thought.
But where was Oscar?

Whenever that French ´ho doesn´t come back, I´m ok with anything. She almost ruined the whole Season 3...

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
what is it that makes The Affair so mesmerizing and addictive?

I just watched an episode -- I'm midway through Season 4 -- and it struck me that I never have any clue what's going to happen. I don't know which characters are going to turn out to be important (all of them, usually), or how they're going to behave, or even what they're going to say to each other. It really is like reading a book.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

I started season 4, which like @Toni I am not eager to watch because of a couple of spoilers I have read. It's funny because in the first two seasons it did not have any characters I actually liked, except for Vic who wasn't an original cast member. But the multiple perspectives made it feel closer to reality than anything I have seen on TV or film. I like that the show is not focused on "who got it right" but why each character, given their frame of mind, personality, etc. emphasizes, magnifies, and discards certain aspects and events over others.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I like that the show is not focused on "who got it right"
Before I started watching this series I thought it was about discovering who's telling the truth, I thought that was the point of the different angles.
It does show how they remember certain events in a different way, but this never had much impact on the story itself.
What's more important is that it allows them to show more details e.g. Noah watches Alison going inside a building but he can't see what's happening once she's inside.
And because it's such a detailed story we also need to see Alison's experience.

Ben is a very scary maniac!