The Big Brother House

Ome

Admin
Reaction score
The iconic house is being torn down and dismantled after the show was axed earlier this year.

The house has been at Elstree Studios for 18 years but is finally being taken apart this week in the wake of Channel 5's announcement that they will longer air it

From this

BB.jpg

To this

oi.jpg

And eventually this

:sad::cry::sad::cry::sad::cry::sad::cry:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
They should have demolished it after Colleen Nolan won Celebrity Big Brother over Jedward and Kim Woodburn when all she did was sit on her bum smoking. The worst winner ever when the other 2 were possible candidates for being the best celebrity housemates ever. My interest in the show began to wane following that decision.

Long Lashes

Soap Chat Enforcer
Reaction score
Medals
It now feels so final - which of course it is. :(

I'm a bit surprised they didn't keep the house for a while and open it up for BB fans to visit - I'd have loved the chance to have a nosy at the camera runs, sit in the DR chair and re-live some memories .. etc.

Goodbye Big Brother :bye: and thanks for all the memories.

What will I watch now?

Willie Oleson

SoapLand Battles Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
I'm a bit surprised they didn't keep the house for a while and open it up for BB fans to visit - I'd have loved the chance to have a nosy at the camera runs, sit in the DR chair
What a fantastic idea!

I think soapchat should have bought it - new episodes only available from soapchat.net!:lmao:

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
What a fantastic idea!

I think soapchat should have bought it - new episodes only available from soapchat.net!:lmao:
And we'd put in the 16 most prolific posters and have them eliminate each other following big brother USA rules. :D

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
Was there something different about the evictions in the US series?
The first season was like Big Brother in the rest of the world, with all players voting to nominate and then viewers voting out the least favorite of the two nominees. But people are not to be trusted to vote (so many elections have taught us that), as they kicked out the players most likely to be devious, back-stabbing, and utterly entertaining. So from season 2 onward, the head of household was introduced, the winner of a competition, and he/she determined the two players nominated, and the other players voted. Instantly there were secret alliances, fake showmances, betrayal after betrayal, and ratings have been quite healthy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_(U.S._TV_series)

Willie Oleson

SoapLand Battles Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
We've played the Soapchat Big Brother on this forum, and it was a lot of fun to nominate the other housemates.
I think you would have been an interesting housemate, Michael Torrance!:D

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
We've played the Soapchat Big Brother on this forum, and it was a lot of fun to nominate the other housemates.
I think you would have been an interesting housemate, Michael Torrance!:D
I don't really like, nor am I very good at games. Save mind games.
Is that in some forum to read?

Last edited:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I can’t cope with Rylan Clark-Neal being everywhere!!! Why??!? That black beard and his plastic lips!!! I can’t take it!!! Please there must be more talent somewhere?!

Julia's Gun

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
I know, he is turning into a puffed up mannequin. Has he been injecting too much botox or has he just put on weight during lockdown?

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I find that beard the pink lips and the stretched face just too much. He's really not that good and I don't understand why he's everywhere!!!