• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

The Bold & The Beautiful season 1 to be posted on YouTube

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Starting September 1st, their official channel will start posting an episode a day, starting with the first one. I'm guessing it'll continue if it's successful enough.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
I watched it back then. I remember I was always close to quitting. It took years to become a good soap.

I might check this out, because I'm curious if the way characters talk on B&B has changed since then. Nowadays it's terrible to not only listen to these repetitive dialogues, but also how slowly and unreal they talk.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m really looking forward to this as well, as I didn’t start watching til the early 90s. It will be nice to go back and watch a lot of scenes I’m sure I’ve never seen before.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Oh I am over the moon about this! I had bought about 5 of those DVD sets from the the first season, but all together they only covered about 100 episodes I think. I loved the episodes but it was so expensive to buy the sets and they would take up so much space etc. It wouldn't have been possible to continue.
If they upload an episode a day that's perfect. I can watch it as if it was originally airing and with no expense. Although it would take a about 3 months to get up to where I have already watched. I am sure I would watch again from the start anyway, especially at half hour episodes. If they would so the same thing for The Young & The Restless I would consider quitting my job and living on benefits and gaining that 100lbs.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If they upload an episode a day that's perfect. I can watch it as if it was originally airing and with no expense. Although it would take a about 3 months to get up to where I have already watched. I am sure I would watch again from the start anyway, especially at half hour episodes. If they would so the same thing for The Young & The Restless I would consider quitting my job and living on benefits and gaining that 100lbs.
Honestly, if they did this for DAYS I'd never leave home.

I'm guessing they'll continue beyond season 1 since they have seasons 19-31 (2005-2018) uploaded in full.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"Remember The First Thorne"

Wow! I mean, not because I want to watch it but this is the first time I read about official uploads.
I had never heard of it either, but presumably they started uploading them 2017-ish. I guess it's passed a lot of people by because they haven't gone for the classic years and started with 2005 back then.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The first Thorn is just gorgeous! I can't wait to see more of him. And the Forrester's had a pool back then so plenty of time to ogle young Thorn and Ridge in all their semi-dressed fineness.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I had never heard of it either, but presumably they started uploading them 2017-ish. I guess it's passed a lot of people by because they haven't gone for the classic years and started with 2005 back then.
Apparently around 2005 is when the show started to become unwatchable and the same A to B nonsense. I tried a few years back to watch the current episodes when they started airing daily on YouTube but it was painful. It was so dull and felt like the same thing happened over and over. I have always wanted the chance t watch the the 1980s to mid '90s episodes of the show. Hopefully they are a success and gain views and they keep doing it. I had noticed some people already commenting about the video quality in clips. However I must say that the DVDs I bought had pretty stunning picture quality for an '80s daytime soap shot on tape. It looked great, hopefully the uploaded episodes will reflect that.

People were doing the most over the quality and there is only so much you can do with 30+ year old video.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The better quality video is a fringe benefit of their being "official" downloads, since they're probably taken from master tapes and "cleaned up" when needed.

Thorne #1 makes me think of Nautica and Tommy Hilfiger models of the period---aloof, preppy, Ivy-League types. Even his name (Clayton Norcross) just screams 'Long Island Lockjaw'. But if you wanted contrast between the brothers, this certainly was the quickest way to achieve it.

And if The Soap Gods were to offer Another World from the late-1970s to 1999, I'd take root to my couch.

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It would be great to have a thread where we can discuss the show as we watch it!