The Corona Virus

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I think it’s also crazy that there remains free travel between all 4 ‘United’ Kingdom home nations. NI has the highest infection rate but I could get on a plane tomorrow and go to Wales, England or Scotland and not have to self isolate when I get back. Because I live in the highest infected area of the UK, I could be carrying it around but as far as I can see no one is policing it or doing anything to stop this. The person I refer to above has flown in and out of Dublin twice with no checks and came back into NI from Turkey and is flying to South America from Dublin or London soon. Doesn’t have to self isolate if flying back to ROI and will then return to NI.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score
Publix supermarkets (which blanket the state) elected to remove the directional arrows from the floors of the aisles two weeks ago, and people took it as a sign from heaven that things were getting better. Leave it to Publix to show us the light at the end of the tunnel.

So did Wal-Mart as well (the only requirement is to wear a mask).

Barbara Fan

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
So glad to see that people dumped lots of ice outside City Chambers and the official home of wee Jimmy Krankie in Edinburgh

1602345575393.png

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
The madness has spread here as well. Not only the protests but now there is a legal challenge to the lockdown. How many customers do they think they'll have if everybody's dead?
I think it’s also crazy that there remains free travel between all 4 ‘United’ Kingdom home nations.
Our federal government wants free travel between states but thankfully doesn't have the last word. The states have varying restrictions regarding cross-border travel but are easing where conditions improve.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my best friends, her husband and their two year old have just been diagnosed with the virus :(

That's horrible!

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
What bothers me is I work in a building with 150 people. We’re all required to wear masks naturally and you’d be surprised to see just how many people don’t. Some people wear it below their nose, which I’ll never understand. Some of them walk around the building eating all morning just to have an excuse not to wear it, and then my personal favorite is the people that wear it when the managers are around but as soon as they walk away they take it off. One guy came in with a negative test result in his hand, handed it to his boss and said look I’m negative so I don’t have to wear a mask anymore.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score
He might not care about other people but isn't he afraid of catching it? Or does he think being negative makes him immune? :rolleyes:

However he puts it, to me, that is incredibly idiotic.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
He pretty much walks around saying the whole thing is a hoax and he shouldn’t have to care about anyone else’s safety. Look, I respect everyone else’s opinion whether I agree or not. What you believe personally is not my business but do the right thing. Ur in a building with 150 people and I’m showing I respect ur safety so do the same for me. That’s all I ask. I think it’s a small request

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Northern Ireland is doing what is termed a ‘circuit breaker’ for a month as our cases have sky rocketed.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I’m not familiar with the term circuit breaker Sarah. What does mean right now in terms of the virus?

My understanding of it is that it’s not a complete lockdown, but all our restaurants bars and non essential businesses have closed for a period of 4 weeks. You can only get food from supermarkets and takeaways - no sit in service. It was weird on Friday just seeing Belfast ‘stopping’.