• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

The Dallas Covers, Ads & Articles Thread.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
And now, coming from the sunny Spain:

Catalan ads for "Conundrum" and "Knots Landing".
upload_2019-9-29_12-36-15.png
upload_2019-9-29_12-43-46.png

Last edited:

Victoriafan3

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
F805B087-8469-4226-A6C4-C852A0ACEE17.jpeg

A few NZ TV Guides from 84-87. I am still looking for some other NZ TV Guides myself! Dallas was shadowed by Corrie and Dynasty in NZ. It was played at 10pm til about 1987 when it finally got moved to 9pm whereas Dynasty aired at 8.30pm so attracted a lot more viewers. Nevertheless look at these Guides. 2 in April 1985, 2 in June 1985. I don’t know any show aired now in NZ that would get more than one mag cover every couple of months max.

7FDE00E5-5860-4C4C-9C7D-4509036DA980.jpeg

And here we have the ONLY five Dallas covers from NZ Woman’s Weekly, NZs third biggest mag. They even snubbed VP on being on a cover of this :-( And (to my knowledge?) this is the only main cover in the world of Alan Beam?? He married a kiwi lady! Dynasty and Corrie were on soooo many of this mag. So weird and such a shame Dallas wasn’t on more here

KayLloyd

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great thread and covers! Had a good laugh reading the old Sheree Wilson interview. People on campus just "lived" to take your picture, uh huh, sure honey. Confirms my impression after meeting her during filming in California in 1989 that she is full of herself, and that she earned her job on Dallas on the casting couch in Katzman's office. Her ego and what she probably did to advance her career were probably what her first ex-husband didn't approve of.

Last edited:

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 18682

And here we have the ONLY five Dallas covers from NZ Woman’s Weekly, NZs third biggest mag. They even snubbed VP on being on a cover of this :-( And (to my knowledge?) this is the only main cover in the world of Alan Beam?? He married a kiwi lady! Dynasty and Corrie were on soooo many of this mag. So weird and such a shame Dallas wasn’t on more here

I'd like to think Alan Beam was the big breakout star in NZ, to the extent that the Dallas fever for Kiwis was known as "Did Alan Shoot That Guy With The Hat?"