The Dominators

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
this is one of the 9 i had recently ordered off Amazon and honestly i like it. it's on apparently a list of one of the worst stories in the show's history and i dunno why cause there are far far worse stories out there.

The Smugglers' is one that comes to mind and yes it's a lost story but i've seen the recon many times and i'm sorry but it's just plain boring! that's on my list of worst stories but since i haven't seen the whole series yet i dunno what i think is the worst one to be fair. as for this one is it just me or does it remind anyone of S&M Seriously the title alone and i'm not even into that kind of stuff either.

Mustard

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I find the worst serial of 1960s Doctor Who to be The Space Pirates, by some distance. Yet, it also has a great character stuck in a bad serial, i.e. Milo Clancey. I like The Dominators because of its anti-pacifist and pro-exploration message. The Smugglers is an enjoyable enough serial to listen to on audio, with William Hartnell using some of his vintage comedy for the last time.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
yes The Space Pirates is bad and way way too over long. now don't get me wrong some of it is good but it's way over long and it takes forever to get there. The Smugglers may be fine on audio i'll give you that but until they find those episodes where i can see what actually is happening it's one that i think is terrible. bear in mind i never cared for Enemy of the world and i never thought it was awful by any means but i never cared for it until those episodes were found and now that i see the performances of both Salamander and The Doctor against each other and everything else it's brilliant. so seeing the footage i think does help a LOT! now don't get me wrong there's others like the daleks masterplan which i didn't care for the 1st time i watched it and it slowly grew on me and now i love it. part of that is cause there is episodes that do exist, also footage throughout the story as well. but that one is also a little slow to start too. to be fair a lot of the stories are like that so it's not something that straight away makes me call it a bad story.

Mustard

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The missing episodes of The Daleks' Master Plan are the ones that I want found the most, along with The Power of the Daleks, The Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve and The Savages. An animation of The Power of the Daleks is being released on DVD in 2 months time, using the original audio. I'm really looking forward to getting that.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i dunno what the one i want found the least is to start with, the Space Pirates i want found only cause season 6 can be complete. the most? the daleks master plan. but my guess is that a feast for Steven will be animated because i doubt that one will be found. and maybe mission to the unkown as well. the rest though... damn i want that thing on dvd! animated or not i don't care. and yes i heard about Power of the Daleks which isn't a favorite of mine like it is some but i want to get them all on dvd so that's on my list. i currently have 71 dvd's counting the tv film from (1996) and i got 7 more in the mail coming i just dunno when though. do you collect them on dvd? if so i'm glad i bought a shit load of them earlier this year cause some of them have since gone out of print such as season 12 i think it is? Tom bakers 1st season is all out of print i believe. and some of his 2nd season is out of print as well. the hand of fear is out of print now and i got that when it was cheap so i'm grateful.

i still have another 60 to buy sadly. it was down to 59 but than Power was announced. i belong to a doctor who's website so i heard the news about Power there 1st actually.

Mustard

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i am now in the middle of watching Inferno another favorite of mine. last nite it was The Mind Robber and that's one i just love to death.

Jon Pertwee is my favourite Doctor. Who's yours?

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
David Tennant, but he wasn't my 1st doctor i watched though, that would be Doctor #9 but his time on the show every time i go back and watch season 1 or what some call season 27. is a great season but he was on the show far too little with only #13 or #14 episodes wasn't it? and he really only shined in his last episode sadly. so that's why the #10th is my favorite. my 2nd favorite ? it's a tie between Tom Baker and Pat T. those are my Top 3 favorite Doctors. anyways, since i last posted i now have i think if my math is right as i haven't counted them today. i think #86 of them on DVD now. i last ordered on Monday i think? The Sun Makers, all of season 16 but The last story cause i wanted it to be less than the batch i ordered before. so that's 5 parts of the key to Time, Planet of Fire and The Twin Dillema. of these i've seen them all but Planet of Fire and Twin Dillema.

i plan on watching Planet of Fire, than in my last batch i ordered The Caves of Andronzi or however the hell that's spelled? and than The Twin Dillema. i have all of season 21 when that and if that comes on Monday, except Resserection of the Daleks is it? which would be Serial #134 now i have #53 left to get i believe.

if my math is right i have 3 left to get for Doctor #2, 10 i think i'll have to look the right number up for the 3rd Doctor, #16 left for Doctor #4. for Doctor #5 i have
#9 left to get and with Doctor #6 i also have #9 left to get and funny enough i have with Doctor #7 well #7 left to get with him as well and than i will have them all and yes i am counting Power of the Daleks too

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
David Tennant
I officially don't have a favourite Doctor. And I can't comment further because The Feathered Serpent, The Box of Delights, The Adventures of The Scarlet Pimpernel, Treasure Island, The Six Wives of Henry VIII and Knights of God are on.

doctor-who-revisited-patrick-troughton-as-doctor-who-poster-art.jpg
Second-doctor.jpg

Last edited:

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
other than me who is collecting all the dvd's of the original show. is there anyone on here who has them all or are on their way of getting them all? me? i'm a completist and i plan on getting them all even the really bad ones. there's already some stories i have that i really don't care for. such as The Aztec's. that one i don't hate per say it just isn't favorite of mine that's all. of the recon's the one i really can't stand is the smuggler's it's a horrible story i think. it's prolly the one story i hate the most of the 60's stories. Marco Polo is just boring as hell and has put me to sleep. i watched a recon of it on you tube a couple years back. and it took me like a week to watch cause i would start passing out each time i watched it. and really the only episode i liked was the last one where the chess match was. that was fun even i have to admit that

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
other than me who is collecting all the dvd's of the original show. is there anyone on here who has them all or are on their way of getting them all?
Yes.

. there's already some stories i have that i really don't care for. such as The Aztec's. that one i don't hate per say it just isn't favorite of mine that's all. of the recon's the one i really can't stand is the smuggler's it's a horrible story i think. it's prolly the one story i hate the most of the 60's stories. Marco Polo is just boring as hell and has put me to sleep. i watched a recon of it on you tube a couple years back. and it took me like a week to watch cause i would start passing out each time i watched it. and really the only episode i liked was the last one where the chess match was. that was fun even i have to admit that
I like those ones.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
this is one of the 9 i had recently ordered off Amazon and honestly i like it. it's on apparently a list of one of the worst stories in the show's history
The last DWM survey had it at 234th out of 241.

i'm not surprised and that's fine if you do. how many more left to do you need to get? or do have you have them all?
All I think. With some reissues and revisitations. Somewhere. I have all the soundtrack releases to the missing episodes too.

Last edited:

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
well did you get underwater Menance plus there's power coming out my guess next year unless you live in the UK and that will be out next month. all close enough on my spelling lol. anyways you should check to be sure you have them all.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I did get The Underwater Menace. I've met Anneke Wills twice since. She was next to Deborah Watling, who was next to Wendy Padbury. Although I don't think I mentioned Doctor Who to any of them. Katy Manning, Colin Baker, Peter Davison, Sarah Sutton, Mark Strickson, Peter Purves, Katy Manning, Lalla Ward, Sophie Aldred, Julian Glover, Honor Blackman, Jeremy Bulloch, Catherine Schell, Jeremy Wilkin, Garrick Hagon, Peter Wyngarde, Angela Douglas, William Gaunt, Shane Rimmer, David Graham and Ray Brooks were around at those too. Sylvester McCoy was supposed to be around but had to cancel.

I do check:
http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/features/dvd/

Last edited:

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
well apparently a lost Avengers episode was found recently i'm hoping that maybe some doctor who episodes may be revealed as well? but i doubt we will get that lucky. i'm in the middle of finishing "The Pirate Planet' not one of the best stories but certainly not the worst either

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The missing episodes of The Daleks' Master Plan are the ones that I want found the most, along with The Power of the Daleks, The Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve and The Savages. An animation of The Power of the Daleks is being released on DVD in 2 months time, using the original audio. I'm really looking forward to getting that.
I've got The Power of the Daleks DVD release. I met Peter Davison again at the weekend and got a signed copy of his autobiography. Peter Wyngarde was there and Terry Molloy.

Mustard

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've got The Power of the Daleks DVD release. I met Peter Davison again at the weekend and got a signed copy of his autobiography. Peter Wyngarde was there and Terry Molloy.

I've got The Power of the Daleks DVD, too. I've had the audio CD for years, and it's brilliant to watch the animations, the most impressive thing being the stereo and 5.1 surround audios that have been included as options, as they are even better than the original mono audio. The 5.1 audio blows me away with how brilliant it is.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
apparently they are putting power on blu-ray and they are going to have it be both b&w and Color as well which are made by different companies i believe. one thought that Power would look better in color the other thought it would look better in b&w which is how it was broadcast as you all know. it makes the sense to me to make it the same color as the original story but it no doubt looks good both ways too. the dvd of it comes out in Jan. and i think the blu-ray in Feb. i'm guessing the UK version also comes out in Feb.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
well i am FINALLY getting the invasion! WOO HOO! i've wanted this sucker for years! and i asked for it for x-mas and i'm getting it. the bitch of that is just that it was ordered yesterday and it won't be here until i think like Jan 11th or around there. but i'm hoping it comes far far sooner than that.

oh in case you are wondering that would make it #52 more to get!