The New Adventures of Old Christine

Caproni

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I remember watching THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE when I'd be at home during the summer. While I never saw the episodes during their first-run, I did watch the show on almost a daily basis when Lifetime and TV Land ran the episodes in syndication.

Apparently this was the show that broke the "SEINFELD curse" for Julia Louis-Dreyfus. OLD CHRISTINE, as it is commonly known, was popular in the Nielsen ratings and enjoyed a healthy five-season run. It produced the standard eighty-episodes that is now the norm for a show to be sold into syndication.

I haven't watched OLD CHRISTINE in a while, but I do enjoy this series and I wanted to discuss it here. I had the first season DVD set that I got at Dollar General or Fred's several years ago, but it's been misplaced. It may have even been tossed in the trashcan during my packing up process to move.

Any fans?
1614093567816.png

Monzo

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
I enjoyed it, too. To be honest I had more fun watching Old Christine than Veep. It was the first time I recognized Clark Gregg's talent. Liked Hamish Linklater and Wanda Sykes, too.

Caproni

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I enjoyed it, too. To be honest I had more fun watching Old Christine than Veep. It was the first time I recognized Clark Gregg's talent. Liked Hamish Linklater and Wanda Sykes, too.
One thing that I always remember about OLD CHRISTINE is the "Meanie Moms" who always picked on Christine. They were named Lindsay and Marly, weren't they? They pretty, blonde, and privileged. They weren't working moms, they were lazy moms and they critiqued Christine over every single thing she did.

Hamish Linklater and Wanda Sykes were great additions to the show as well. They had a great banter with Julia Louis-Dreyfus that seemed original and fresh. Sykes and Linklater themselves had a good chemistry, and some of the situations involving just them are some of the moments I seem to remember the fondest.

Last edited:

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't think OLD CHRISTINE ever had a decent run here. I remember picking up a few episodes on weekend afternoons and enjoyed it when I saw it.