Nominations The next nominations will be in two parts

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It's not going to start for two weeks, but I thought we could chat about it here because it could be a little confusing - or maybe not.

We are going to be looking for instrumental songs that are NOT TV themes, NOR instrumental versions of a song released.

B-Sides to singles can be included if they are a completely different song to the actual single.

Rather than derail the other thread I thought it best to discuss it here

Thoughts......?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I think we should allow instrumental coverversions, because it has nothing to do with the original recording or artist.

Interesting I hadn't thought about this. I liked this before it went off in a crazy dance dance session

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
*evil grin*

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was thinking....I could pre-post my list here, perhaps it'll give the others some inspiration where and what to look for. I did my list yesterday and I already ended up with 50 titles, but I'm sure there must be hundreds or thousands other instrumental hits (not necessarily chart hits).

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Go for it Willie

Actually, you could post your list, but it doesn't have to be set in stone - you know, just in case you find something even better before we start the actual thread in a couple of weeks.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm tempted to look for a instrumental trance version of "Mad World"
:lolling:

I remember when I first heard Enola Gay (Sash remix) - I was kinda crazy by how great it sounded, then after a few months I realised that it just wasn't for me.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I remember when I first heard Enola Gay (Sash remix) - I was kinda crazy by how great it sounded, then after a few months I realised that it just wasn't for me.
You can go to the club and dance your ass off to the remix version, and then go home and enjoy the original. It's always good to have a choice.
Incidentally, here's an instrumental version of Enola Gay
:bump:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Something else we need to mention - like TV shows, not movie themes or scores

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Something else we need to mention - like TV shows, not movie themes or scores
Yes, however, the Pepper Box song was later used for a sports programme.
As long as it's not a theme written for a tv programme or movie.
This will require some investigation here and there...but now everyone has plenty of time to find out which are the best tunes.

And like I said before, I haven't even listed the most famous instrumentals.

Btw, who's going to add my 15 years on Soap Chat banner while you're away?
It's almost April!

Last edited:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think we should allow instrumental coverversions, because it has nothing to do with the original recording or artist.
Example:

I like this idea too. It would allow pieces like Toccata by Sky, which was a big hit when I was young, to be included. Originally a classical piece written by Bach.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Then I suppose that classical music by Mozart & gang are ok
And movie soundtracks & scores without lyrics

Is it ok if a song is 99% instrumental - if, let's say, they speak/sing a couple of words somewhere in the song?

Is it ok if you don't know that a song has been recorded with lyrics? If someone comes along and says "this song has lyrics!" - will that song be removed from the nominations?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Is it ok if a song is 99% instrumental - if, let's say, they speak/sing a couple of words somewhere in the song?
I think we should use common sense. The #2 from my list ends with vocals ("fade away", I think) but it would be silly to call this a vocal version.
Is it ok if you don't know that a song has been recorded with lyrics?
There must be a way to find out?
But it doesn't matter if another artist has recorded a vocal version, that's just a different version.
I think the idea was to avoid instrumental b-sides of all those songs that have already been nominated, that wouldn't be very interesting.
So, it's about instrumental tracks that are supposed to be instrumental.