The other parties are full of twats too - UK

cobbles

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Whilst we've got the Boris thread it's sometimes worth pointing out everyone in politics is a twat.....

Saint Jezza pictured at a a dinner party with 9 guest, breaching Covid rules.

SNP MP travels to parliament whilst waiting for a Covid test result, breaching Covid self-isolation laws and endangering fellow MPs.

Shadow education sec tells fellow members in conference session 'don't let a good crisis go to waste' with regards to the pandemic.

Ome

Admin
Solutions
Reaction score
worth pointing out everyone in politics is a twat
Yes, I can't argue with that.

Despite not having any party/politician to be squeaky clean, I would always opt towards Labour based on who I am and what my life has been. I have always found Tories to be selfish and for the rich, nothing more, nothing less. Well, that was until Boris came into town with his 'jobs for the boys' school of life and his bigoted views. Now he's turned our country into some from the Carry On movies.

One thing I will never do is waste a vote on a third party.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
Whilst we've got the Boris thread it's sometimes worth pointing out everyone in politics is a twat.....

In fairness to Jeremy Corbyn, the dinner was a gathering after the memorial for the Occupy Wall Street organiser David Graeber, a close friend of Jeremy Corbyn's. The Covid-19 rules at the time stated up to 30 people could attend a funeral and a gathering of attendees afterwards is included in this. Corbyn apologised for not adhering to social distancing but when there is a bereaved widow there it would be difficult not to be close to her when she is grieving because you have to stay 2 metres apart. I'm not saying he was correct but I think his case is very different to that of Margaret Ferrier.

Reactions: Ome

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Our (awful) politicians here in Northern Ireland have finally made some decisions today regarding our Covid situation.

These include:

Closing schools for 2 weeks over Halloween instead of a week.
All hospitality to close, only serving takeaways
And my personal favourite - nowhere to sell alcohol after 8pm. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. Cue massive surge to Tescos for the wine.

cobbles

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Our (awful) politicians here in Northern Ireland have finally made some decisions today regarding our Covid situation.

These include:

Closing schools for 2 weeks over Halloween instead of a week.
All hospitality to close, only serving takeaways
And my personal favourite - nowhere to sell alcohol after 8pm. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. Cue massive surge to Tescos for the wine.

It's to stop spontaneous house parties after closing pubs.

The determined and premeditated lot will just by booze during the day, but many folks will normally arrange these things last minute. If you can't buy booze you can't get going really. Probably also because you're run by a bunch of puritanical medieval Christian loonies though...

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
It's to stop spontaneous house parties after closing pubs.

The determined and premeditated lot will just by booze during the day, but many folks will normally arrange these things last minute. If you can't buy booze you can't get going really. Probably also because you're run by a bunch of puritanical medieval Christian loonies though...

Normally I would defend my country but in this instance, you are absolutely right. Apparently if you 'wear mixed cottons', you're also going to Hell.