"The Portrait" -- they always had the worst paintings...

Tony

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Yes The Colbys paintings of Sable, Connie and Jason were painted by Olga Lehmann the mother of producer Paul Hudson.

I loved the art work on The Colbys and the imitation Rothko and Klines which was down to Doug Cramer who is a modern art collector.

Funnily enough the imitation Kline which was in Sable’s gallery appeared in Nolan’s apartment in Revenge 30 years later - the same art prop.

I didn’t mind the artwork on Dynasty as Alexis’ portraits always seemed like those of a talented amateur - as she says to Joseph in their iconic first scene ‘I wasn’t very good was I Joseph’.

And of all the portraits I prefer Pamela Sue Martin’s Fallon and would like to know who painted that.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
This is actually a good scene between Blake & Krystle,
I think it is a scene where Blake is super mellow, and Krystle is super high-pitch and insecure. Don't get me wrong, there is real communication, but you have to consider that this is what we were stuck with because of Forsythe's demands for Blake and Krystle forever. There was potential in many previous situations, but the last such opportunity was Singapore. And when he says "there was no spark," I just don't buy it.

I didn’t mind the artwork on Dynasty as Alexis’ portraits always seemed like those of a talented amateur - as she says to Joseph in their iconic first scene ‘I wasn’t very good was I Joseph’.
yeah, it did not bother me either. I wish someone (Alexis, to raunt Krystle? Krystle, to warn Alexis?) would bring up the first portrait of Blake that did not fare very well.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
You think Krystle is super high-pitch here?? I mean, you've seen DYNASTY, haven't you?

:eek:
Of course she has been worse, but around 0:52-0:59 it is the typical post-season 2 Linda/Krystle, and the thing is, she usually had that voice when she did not really have much to say and it was a filler scene, but here there is content because a lot has just happened.

By the way, Krystle calls it quite good, but I wonder, when did we see Alexis paint all these years after the studio in season 2?

Last edited:

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
Reaction score
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Medals
Of course she has been worse, but around 0:52-0:59 it is the typical post-season 2 Linda/Krystle, and the thing is, she usually had that voice when she did not really have much to say and it was a filler scene, but here there is content because a lot has just happened.
To a degree perhaps, but I always thought she was commendably subdued here.

Michael Torrance said:
By the way, Krystle calls it quite good, but I wonder, when did we see Alexis paint all these years after the studio in season 2?
Well, there was the honey-and-vinegar exchange on Alexis' downtown terrace with Adam in S3. Mostly, though, we heard a couple of people say she was an European artist's model (i.e., prostitute) in her teens.

Did she paint herself? Every morning in the mirror.

Last edited:

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Who painted the portraits on Dynasty?

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
Yes The Colbys paintings of Sable, Connie and Jason were painted by Olga Lehmann the mother of producer Paul Hudson.

I loved the art work on The Colbys and the imitation Rothko and Klines which was down to Doug Cramer who is a modern art collector.

Funnily enough the imitation Kline which was in Sable’s gallery appeared in Nolan’s apartment in Revenge 30 years later - the same art prop.
Some of Sable's art from The Colbys came with her to Denver too in Dynasty's season 9. She had a few pieces from The Colbys in her Carlton suite. And I am almost certain that the same painting/copy of the Kline piece was used on the original Tales Of The City. Seen through the window of an apartment in the complex when Armistead Maupin is seen in a cameo.

Gabriel Maxwell

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
Some of Sable's art from The Colbys came with her to Denver too in Dynasty's season 9. She had a few pieces from The Colbys in her Carlton suite. And I am almost certain that the same painting/copy of the Kline piece was used on the original Tales Of The City. Seen through the window of an apartment in the complex when Armistead Maupin is seen in a cameo.
My mind could be playing tricks on me and this could have purely been a sighting in one of my occasional Dynasty-themed dreams/nightmares (such as the one where I bumped into Krystle in Harmon Springs), but I could swear I saw the same Kline on nuDynasty, too.

Tony

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
My mind could be playing tricks on me and this could have purely been a sighting in one of my occasional Dynasty-themed dreams/nightmares (such as the one where I bumped into Krystle in Harmon Springs), but I could swear I saw the same Kline on nuDynasty, too.
I think I know the painting you mean Gabriel which is in NuDynasty's Blake's bedroom.

But they are different. A bit of trivia: Sable's and Nolan's Kline attached comes from Omega Cinema Props in LA where those series were filmed, whereas NuDynasty is filmed in Atlanta so I'm assuming they are sourcing their props locally.

Attachments