The Rovers Return

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It's looking like Steve could lose the pub and Peter is the only one showing any interest, but is he the right choice?

I was thinking we needed a change in command and liked the idea of Peter running the pub, maybe he could bring in Tracey, if her flower shop is to go.

Or what about a new family? It didn't work out well for Stella and I'm not sure if a new family would work.

Maybe Tim & Sally?

Or Eileen & Pat ?

Or Tom Jones

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Pat Phelan becoming the new Rovers boss alongside Eileen would be fantastic even if it was short term, long term I'd like a completely new family to take over, maybe a youngish hipster family could take over and attempt to give The Rovers a makeover, I don't think Corrie has had complete outsiders who stand out from the residents from the street for quite a while now.

The McDonalds have had their day.

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, it would be even better if Phelan banned Violent Kev as well. He could say to Anna that he would allow Violent Kev back if she had sex with him. For old time's sake.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Are you getting a little mixed up there dear @Mo Mouse ? Isn't Phelan the violent one?

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Kevin Wobbly Mouth Webster.

Who do you think Sally's stalker is?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Who is that????
Sally's sister who hasn't been seen since 1989, though it's a different actress playing her now.

I don't know if this is the actual stalker, but with the character returning, I'm just guessing.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Sally's sister who hasn't been seen since 1989, though it's a different actress playing her now.

I don't know if this is the actual stalker, but with the character returning, I'm just guessing.

Oooo good guess. Not sure who else it could be. I think Jenny is too obvious.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I think Jenny is too obvious.
Yes, I too think it's too obvious to be Jenny.

One thing I would hope for is that it doesn't turn out to be some random person who we don't know or is not connected to Sally.

Englishboy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards

I hadn't thought of it before but, you're right, her sister returning and doing it would make sense.

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
We need a new family at the Rovers, it has got a bit stale like one of Betty's Hot Pots, with Liz and Steve.

A while ago I suggested that Phelan and Eileen could own the Woolpack briefly, Eileen as a landlady would be brilliant.

However after a year (when Phelan is found out that he's a killer)
I would have some trendy, middle class hipster family take over just go shake things up a bit, even Walford is becoming gentrified, and I'm sure Weatherfield, in reality, would be too.

soapfan

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
One of the things I noticed about The Queen Victoria in EastEnders during 1985-1992 was that it had a West Ham United crest on the wall and a photo of Charles and Diana.

I think The Rovers Return in Coronation Street should have a Manchester United crest on the wall and a photo of William and Kate:-

upload_2017-4-23_11-4-43.png