The spiritualist and bigamist

Arlene Halloran

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Medals
Ah Emma got heartbroken again in season 6. Poor Dwayne was barely cold in his grave and Vince Karlotti (an opportunist if there ever was one) came along as a spiritualist living in a spooky house, by the way to put Emma in touch with Dwayne. Sure enough she was had yet again when they went to tie the knot. They didn't even get to exchange rings, as Vince's other wives came out of the wood work. I felt sorry for Emma yet again :( :group:Any thoughts?

Jock Og

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Medals
The storyline with Vince and Emma wasn't one of my favourites. It was okay, at best. I would have much preferred Daniel Greene's character Dwayne Cooley (a trucker by trade) to have remained after season 5 and Eric Stavros to be killed off, in the earthquake instead. Vince Karlotti's spiritualist goings on were bordering on the slapstick and I was glad he got his comeuppance, in front of all those Tuscany Valley residents, in the chapel.

Angela, Emma and Lance are at the spiritualist Vince Karlotti's home. Vince is going to try and communicate with Dwayne's spirit (Emma's late husband), (a scene from season 6, 1986 - '87):

Vince: "Emma and I have been communicating with Dwayne."

Angela laughs: "Of course! Napoleon Bonaparte floats around the ceiling at Falcon Crest too."

Vince: "Okay silence everyone. The time as come for us to summon Dwayne."

Angela: "Well where is he?"

Dwayne speaks, via Vince: "Hello Emma."

Emma: "Oh Dwayne!"

Dwayne speaks again, via Vince: "I only have a minute Emma but I want you to know I miss you!"

Emma replies in a sad tone: "Oh I wish there was a way to bring you back!"

Gioberti84

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Medals
In the long line of Emma's men Vince Karlotti wasn't actually the worst. Yes he was irritating though Charley Imbecile St. James gets the gold award for the most repulsive. I have a strong hatred for that Falcon Crest man.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
Vince was an unlikeable character but he served his purpose in reinforcing the view that Emma was a gullible, tragic, naïve victim.

Toni

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
In the long line of Emma's men Vince Karlotti wasn't actually the worst. Yes he was irritating though Charley Imbecile St. James gets the gold award for the most repulsive. I have a strong hatred for that Falcon Crest man.
Charley reached the top place in my recent video for the Supersoap characters who outstayed their welcome!! (You can watch it in another thread here)

Arlene Halloran

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Medals
Charley would probably have done harm to Vince, if their paths had crossed in season 9. Oh yeah the nature of the beast that was Mr St. James.....

Toni

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Charley would probably have done harm to Vince, if their paths had crossed in season 9. Oh yeah the nature of the beast that was Mr St. James.....
Oh yeah. He even managed to sink the Titanic on his own...

upload_2019-12-19_20-35-57.jpeg

PS: Not wanna gossip here, but this guy was accused of trying to murder his wife more recently...
Also this:"Was fired and rehired twice from the major motion picture, Titanic (1997)." Lol! He had a little Charley inside, that´s for sure!!​

Arlene Halloran

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Medals
Oh yeah. He even managed to sink the Titanic on his own...

PS: Not wanna gossip here, but this guy was accused of trying to murder his wife more recently...
Also this:"Was fired and rehired twice from the major motion picture, Titanic (1997)." Lol! He had a little Charley inside, that´s for sure!!​
Of course he helped sink FC too. Our beloved wine show was going to have an open ending and an abrupt cancellation had the show's main anchor Miss Jane Wyman not returned, to provide a dignified send off for the long term fans. Kudos to Jane!

Chloe-Fusco

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Medals
The ending for Karlotti was funny. However leading Emma on was not. A thumbs down season 6 storyline me thinks.

Pound68

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
I actually got the feeling at the end that Vince really cared for Emma and the little family they made. The bride-a-palooza on their wedding day was quite funny. I was kinda hoping he would get redeemed, though. Or at least she could have kept the little boy(his name escapes me).

Chloe-Fusco

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Medals
I actually got the feeling at the end that Vince really cared for Emma and the little family they made. The bride-a-palooza on their wedding day was quite funny. I was kinda hoping he would get redeemed, though. Or at least she could have kept the little boy(his name escapes me).
Was the little boy's name Wendell?