• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Peyton Place The TV versions talking like the Book versions

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Because TV was limited on what they could say and show back in the 1960's, I thought it'd be fun to see what it would be like if the characters of the soap version of "Peyton Place" got to say what they did in the book version:

TV 001.png

"Love me?"

TV 008.png

"Can't stand the sight of you."

TV 004.png

"You just stick around me for sex, do you?"

TV 009.png

"I don't know. I'd have to try you out again first."

TV 010.png

"That'll be two dollars, please."

TV 011.png

"Be good and I may tip you."

Last edited:

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
TV001.png

"Don't sneak up on me like that."
"I can't help it. When you bend over the way you do when you look into the oven my lust overpowers me. It's the sight of your rear end that does it."

TV003.png

"For an old man of forty-one you have remarkably young ideas."

TV002.png

"And you have a remarkably young body for a lady of thirty-nine."

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
TV004.png

"Do you know you have the breasts of a virgin? I can't understand it. You should have some of the sexy sag of maturity that the kid stuff never has. Yet here you are, all pointed and tip titled, as the detective always says just before he seduces the beautiful young suspect in a murder mystery."

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
TV005.png

"I'm a month overdue."
"What does that mean?"
"It means I'm pregnant, smart guy."
"But how can you tell so soon?"
"I was supposed to come around the week after we were at the lake. That was five weeks ago."
"What are we going to do?"
"We're going to get married, that's what. Nobody's sticking me with a kid and then running out on me, like that bastard from White River did to my sister."
"Married! But what will my father say?"
"That's for you to find out, smart guy. Ask him."

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
TV006.png

"Hi, Dad."
"Hello, Rod."

TV007.png

"There's this girl down on Ash Street who claims I knocked her up."
"Who's that?"
"Betty Anderson."
"John Anderson's girl?"
"Yes. The youngest one."
"How far gone is she?"
"She says a month, although I don't see how she can know for sure so soon."
"There are ways."
"She wants me to marry her."

TV008.png

"What do you want?"
"I don't want to."
"O.K. I'll take care of it. You want a drink?"
"O.K."

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
TV003.png

"You're not buying me off that cheap, Mr. Harrington. It's Rodney's kid I'm carrying, and Rodney's going to marry me."

TV004.png

"Rodney's going to marry me or I'll go to the police. They give a guy twenty years for bastardy in this state, and I'll see to it that he serves every single day of it unless he marries me."

TV002.png

"You know, Betty, I don't think you really want to bring Rodney to court. If you did that, I'd have to call in a few boys as witnesses against you. Do you know how many witnesses it takes to testify against a girl and have her declared a prostitute in this state? Only six, Betty, and I employ a great many more than six men in the mills."

TV001.png

"..."

TV002.png

"I don't think you want to take Rodney to court, do you, Betty?"

TV001.png

"No, sir."

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
TV001.png

"Untie the top of your bathing suit. I want to feel your breasts against me when I kiss you."

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I didn't realise that Peyton Place was that trashy!

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I didn't realise that Peyton Place was that trashy!

Hey, it was known as "The Blockbuster Novel that Shocked the Nation." :) And as it came out in the 1950's of all times, if you were caught reading it, it was supposed to be a reflection of your character.

And you know what else? All the stuff I've listed so far barely covers what all else is said in the book. ^^

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
(The following argument takes place between Constance MacKenzie and Evelyn Page, the latter of whom didn't appear in the TV series. I decided to use images of Catherine Peyton in Evelyn's place, since both women were similarly selfish, sickly and possessive of Norman.)

upload_2019-1-13_16-10-20.png

"Where is he?"

upload_2019-1-13_15-47-14.png

"If you kept better tabs on him, you'd not only know where Norman is, but also where he had taken Allison."

upload_2019-1-13_16-10-56.png

"Norman never took Allison anywhere. If there was any taking done, it was Allison who took Norman."

upload_2019-1-13_15-49-7.png

"Don't give me that. He's a male, isn't he? Don't try to tell me who took whom where! He knew what he was doing. Going off into the woods with a boy would never enter Allison's head."

upload_2019-1-13_16-12-17.png

"Don't you dare say a word against Norman! He has no interest in girls. He never had. If Allison has him interested, it is no one's fault but her own. And yours. Some women never have enough of one man. And daughters often take after their mothers!"

upload_2019-1-13_15-45-35.png

"You bitch!"