Awards
Match 3: John Ross Ewing Jr.

Match 4: Bobby James Ewing

Victoriafan3

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Gosh this is a challenge @Angela Channing. JR or Sue Ellen will be knocked out in the first round?!?! Do I have a horrible premonition, from your comment, that our lovely Pam will pitted against Matriach Miss Ellie?! Aggghhh!!!

Anyway, soz JR - you were big for the show but

Sue Ellen is the clear The winner for me. Linda was great in her part and so watchable and entertaining.

Bobby wins the next round for me (for his pre dream seasons) although Afton in the second part of her seasons she was very sweet. Post Pam Bobby, I’m afraid Afton would win hands down

Thanks Angela Channing. It is cool how you make up the pix for the boxing matches. Very clever and funny. Thank you!!

Last edited:

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
oh thats a toughie
and sorry Sue Ellen will miss out

my votes are

3 JR Ewing- he was a Dallas legend and the name most associated with Dallas for most people.

4. Bobby original series Bobby tho and agree with Angela Channings remarks about later and tnt Bobby!!

Sorry Sue Ellen and Afton, no more steal me awwwwaaaaayyyyy!

K

Karin Schill

Ugh how can you put JR & Sue Ellen against each other in the first match?:2B:
It's like impossible to chose between them as both characters are so essential to the show.
I wonder is there any way for them to both make it to the next round say if there's a tie?

I know you said that ties would be determined by the first vote cast. But still it seems such a shame to lose such an important character to the show so early on in this game...

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
JR, cos he’s JR.

Afton, cos she’s the ultimate supporting character (and Bobby’ll win anyway, so why not?)

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ugh how can you put JR & Sue Ellen against each other in the first match?:2B:
It's like impossible to chose between them as both characters are so essential to the show.
I wonder is there any way for them to both make it to the next round say if there's a tie?

I know you said that ties would be determined by the first vote cast. But still it seems such a shame to lose such an important character to the show so early on in this game...

That's the joy of knock-out cup competitions, you get clashes between the strongest players which can lead to surprising results. It's the unpredictabilty of matches like this that make the overall game more interesting.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Match 3
Hmmm. Well - I thoroughly enjoyed Sue Ellen in the first half of the series but J.R. remained consistently watchable for longer, in my opinion. However, when he went off the boil he really went off. And that went on for years. So by virtue of graciously exiting before things imploded my vote goes to…
Sue Ellen

Match 4
My reasoning is similar here. Bobby gave the series some of its most memorable threads starting with the first scene. But the character's resurrection compromised not only the series' credibility but also the character of Bobby who became something of a nob in the last few years. Afton has the benefit of appearing primarily in the show's halcyon days and interacting almost exclusively with key characters in their prime. Thanks to the "less is more" approach, even her Season Eleven return had its moments. Plus in addition to underdogs I'm a sucker for sexy laryngitisy speaking voices. So it's…
Afton

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Match 3
Hmmm. Well - I thoroughly enjoyed Sue Ellen in the first half of the series but J.R. remained consistently watchable for longer, in my opinion. However, when he went off the boil he really went off. And that went on for years. So by virtue of graciously exiting before things imploded my vote goes to…
Sue Ellen

I like you.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards

The outcome of the match between JR and Sue Ellen could be a real cliffhanger. Vote for your favourite by midnight on Monday. See post #71 in this thread for full details.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Seriously? A choice between JR and Sue Ellen is like picking your favourite parent...in front of them. Well here goes.

Match 1 = Sue Ellen. For nearly 40 years this character has kept me in a drunken stupor....of appreciation.
Match 2 = Bobby. Sorry Afton. In this match up it was a no brainer, best of luck next time.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
The vote closes at midnight on Monday.

Who will be triumphant? Will Sue Ellen finally beat J.R? Will Afton catch Bobby? The choice is yours.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
My nerves are wrecked. I need a diazepam.