Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Match 6: Season 2
Match 7: Season 6

Season 2 was an interesting variation on the "whodunit".
And this time we knew for sure someone had died, unlike the shootings, explosions, crashes and massacres from other soap cliffhangers.
I rate it as one of the strongest season finales of all prime time soaps.

The season 9 finale wasn't awful, just not very entertaining.
I didn't like everything about the S6 finale, but there was enough to enjoy.

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As cliffhangers go it as to be ‘Who is in the coffin’ from season 2 and ‘Angela’s shock/Chao-Li’s tumble/will Emma jump/the San Francisco bay drama’ from season 6.

Angela Gioberti Channing Erikson Stavros Agretti gives us her soliloquy, which finishes off the series and there is just one more raise of the glass, (the final FALCON CREST scene, season 9, 1989 – ’90):

"Grandfather,

How long has it been since you came to the valley and planted your first vine from Italy? I remember how you used to hold me on the saddle, riding through the fields and teaching me about the land and the vineyards and how precious they are together seems like only yesterday.

I think of all the people who have passed through these vineyards, there's Chase, Maggie, Cole, Vicki and that feisty Melissa Agretti and Erikson, killed in the plane crash that almost killed all of us but I was spared to carry on your heritage.

Julia is safe and happy in the convent and Emma and Frank will both be coming home soon. Oh and Stavros. Oh, it was tempting, Grandfather but in the end, you knew I couldn't follow him and live in Greece. I couldn't leave Falcon Crest.

Training Lance to take over has been a challenge, but I think he's coming around and for the first time, I think Richard and I are beginning to understand each other.

Meanwhile, I'm going to do everything I can to keep the vineyards and the winery the jewel of the valley, just as you always dreamed they would be.

Yes, the past has its place but I'll keep looking to the future. After all, there's a wedding today children are playing, more children are on the way, and of course, the land, always the land. People come and go, but the land endures.

A toast to you, Falcon Crest and long may you live!”

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Today is your last day to vote for the end of season finales you would like to compete in the final of the World Cup of Falcon Crest Cliffhangers. The matches are between seasons 2 & 3 and seasons 6 & 9.

The poll will close at midnight UK time.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
The polls have now closed and your votes have been counted and verified. The results to the semi-final matches are as follows:

Match 6
Season Three: 0 - Season Two: 7

We say goodbye to the plane crash cliffhanger and season 2 (who did Julia kill) progresses to the final.

Match 9
Season Six: 6 - Season Nine: 1

So we bid a fond farewell to Angela's soliloquy which bid a fond farewell to the series and the multiple cliffhangers of season 6 goes through to the final.

Thank you to everyone who voted in this round.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards

So we are here at the final of The World Cup of Falcon Crest Cliffhangers. You have voted for the season 2 and season 6 cliffhangers to contest the final.

Here's a reminder of what happened in each cliffhanger to help you decide on your winner:

The poll has now opened to vote for the end of season finale you would like to WIN between season 2 (who did Julia shoot dead) and season 6 (does Emma jump off the roof? Chao-Li collapses and falls the stairs, Richard is revealed to be Angela's son and Melissa drives into the bay raising the possibility that she, Dan Fixx, Richard and/or Chase could die). The vote will close at midnight on 11th December 2017.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Difficult choice. Season 2 was one of the all time cliffhangers of any show whereas season 6 had one of the most surprising plot twists ever with the revelation that Richard is Angela's son.

However, on balance, because we were shown a funeral so we knew Julia definitely killed again and there couldn't be a life saving operation in the next season to save the life which happened so often in the soaps, and the mystery as to who was shot was so brilliantly done, this season has the edge for me. My vote for the cliffhanger to win therefore goes to:

Season 2

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
While the season 6 quintet cliff-hanger had twists and turns in abundance the shocking ‘Climax’ to season 2 was pure and solid gold for season finishes.

Season 2 to win.

Julia is making conversation at Vicki and Nick’s wedding, “This isn’t a family. It’s a snake pit!” (a scene from season 2, 1982 – ‘83):

Emma had a traumatic season 6 trying to communicate with Dwayne’s spirit, via assumed spiritualist Vince Karlotti. Karlotti wanted to get his foot through the door at FC, by marrying sweet Emma. Only he turned out to be a bigamist and to top things off Emma’s adoption of Wendell didn’t work out. All this as taken its toll on the youngest Channing daughter and she is far from well. Chao-Li is not feeling great either but he still manages to cook breakfast for Emma, (a scene from season 6, 1986 – ’87):

Chao-Li brings the breakfast to her bedroom but she is not there.

Chao-Li: “Emma! Emma! Don’t hide from me.”

He looks around the landing.

Chao-Li: “Emma! Where are you?”

He notices a door opened to the attic and goes in search of her.

Emma is on the roof, threatening to jump.

Chao-Li: “Emma! No!”

Emma: “Tell mother I can’t take anymore.”

Chao-Li: “No! Please wait.”

He runs off to fetch Angela.

Angela is in the study. She is reading Peter’s letter, with the doors closed.

Chao-Li goes in the direction of the stairs and shouts, “Mrs. Channing.”

He seems to be in pain with his back and again says, “Mrs. Channing.”

Then Chao-Li puts his hand to his head and tumbles down the stairs.

Emma is in terrible jeopardy, Angela didn’t hear her faithful friend, Melody isn’t around and neither is Lance. As Chao-Li served his last drop of wine?

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I shall vote for season 6 as it is highly unlikely anyone else will.

I came really close to voting for season 6 because I thought the revelation of Richard being Angela's son was totally unexpected and brilliantly executed and one of my all time favourite moments in the entirety of the series. I wouldn't be at all sorry if there was a late surge of votes for season 6 and it won.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Final day to decide who you want to win the World Cup of Falcon Crest Cliffhangers. The poll closes at midnight tonight.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
The polls have now closed and the votes have been counted and verified. The result of The World Cup of Falcon Crest Cliffhangers is:

Season Two: 6
Season Six: 1

In a landslide victory, the winner of the first World Cup of Falcon Crest Cliffhangers is Season 2 (the "who did Julia kill?" cliffhanger)

Thank you everyone who voted in the different matches. You made a good choice, it was one of the best cliffhangers ever in any show, not just on Falcon Crest.

The World Cup will return in 2018 when it will move away from the Tuscany Valley.