Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Medals
Cole and Chase.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
The full time whistle has been blown and your votes have now been counted and verified. The results of the final pair of round 1 matches are as follows:

Match 7
Peter Stavros 4 - Cole 6

Match 6
Chase Gioberti 7 - Terry Ranson 3

Therefore the 2 characters to go through to the quarter-finals are:

Thanks to all forum members who took part in this round of voting.

Details of the first two quarter-final matches will follow later today.

Angela Channing

Reaction score
Medals

We are now at the quarter final stage and 8 of your favourite Falcon Crest characters will continue to compete against each other to win the World Cup of Falcon Crest.

The draw has been made and the first quarter final match will be between Richard Channing and Cole Gioberti:

The second quarter final match will be between Melissa Agretti and Emma Channing.

You are voting for which character you would like to win the matches and go through to the semi-finals. Please post your preferred winner of each of the matches below.

Voting will close at midnight on Tuesday 3rd October 2017.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

Reaction score
Medals
My votes:

Richard vs Cole
Richard was a multi-layered complex character which made his so much more interesting than a stereotypical villain who was just bad. His introduction to the series gave the show new dynamism. By contrast, Cole was relatively boring. Richard was the more outstanding character.

Melissa vs Emma
I loved both characters and Emma played such a significant role in the early episodes which was when I first became a Falcon Crest fan. However, I can't get away from the fact that Melissa was the more interesting character who wasn't afraid to form alliances with anyone or to take them on in her quest to be the most powerful person in Tuscany Valley so she gets my vote.

Match 1: Richard Channing
Match 2: Melissa Agretti.

Reactions: Ome

Ome

Admin
Reaction score
Match 1 - Richard
Match 2- Melissa

James from London

Telly Talk Superstar
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Medals
Yeah, Richard. I really liked Cole -- it's hard to make goodness interesting and he did a great job -- but then they kind of ran out of things for him to do. Richard was so mercurial that he was able to weather the ups and downs of the show and never stop being interesting.

Emma. Melissa's first few years when she was scheming and sexy and noirish were great, but then she got loud and shrill and stayed at that pitch until she was killed off. Emma was great in her first few years as well, and again in Season 9, and was pretty likeable the rest of the time.

Jock Og

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Medals
1) Richard
2) Melissa

Things are getting very heated in the ‘New Globe’. Melissa is mad that Richard printed the identity of her baby’s father, (a scene from season 2, 1982-‘83):

Melissa: “I’m here to see Richard!”

Diana: “Mr. Channing is busy.”

Melissa: “Scraping the dirt of his nails, I’m sure. How could you do this to me?”

Richard: “Oh easily!”

Melissa: “I won’t let you ruin the life of an innocent child!”

Richard: “He has his mother to thank for his reputation.”

Melissa: “You’re nothing but scum!”

Richard: “Well. My article has hit home! I like that gut reaction from our readers. That’s what sells newspapers.”

Melissa: “I demand that you print a retraction to this article.”

Richard: “No! I’m afraid that would violate my journalistic principles.”

Melissa: “Then I’ll sue you for libel.”

Richard: “Good! Splendid idea! A high profile law suit will give us even more knowledge, in the story.”

Angela Channing

Reaction score
Medals
If you want to vote in this round, you have 5 hours left. Who is your winner between Richard Channing and Cole Gioberti and between Melissa Agretti and Emma Channing? The vote closes at midnight UK time.

Angela Channing

Reaction score
Medals
The full time whistle has been blown on the first quarter final matches and your votes have now been counted and verified. The results of the final pair of round 1 matches are as follows:

Quarter Final 1
Richard Channing 8 - Cole Gioberti 1

Quarter Final 2
Melissa Agretti 6 - Emma Channing 3

Therefore the 2 characters to go through to the quarter-finals are:

Thanks to all who voted in this round. Details of the next quarter final matches will follow later today.

Angela Channing

Reaction score
Medals

The final 2 quarter final matches will be played this week. Both matches are between onscreen rivals.

The third quarter final match is between Chase Gioberti and Lance Cumson:

The fourth quarter final match is between Angela Channing and Maggie Gioberti:

Vote for your favourite character in each match that you would like to go through to next week's semi-finals. Voting will close at midnight on Tuesday 10th October.

Angela Channing

Reaction score
Medals
My votes.

Chase Gioberti vs Lance Cumson
Chase's sanctimoniousness made him annoying. He thought he was a saint but was prepared to deal from the bottom of the deck when necessary while still insisting he was a good guy. Lance was by far the more interesting character. Initially, servile to his grandmother but willing to double cross her and just about anyone else if it gave him an advantage. I can even forgive him for bringing that Babbleonia woman into the series. My vote goes to Lance.

Angela Channing vs Maggie Gioberti
I'm sorry, I liked Maggie but she doesn't stand a chance with me against Angela, one of my all time favourite TV characters. My vote goes to Angela.

Match 3: Lance
March 4: Angela

Reactions: Ome

Ome

Admin
Reaction score
I'm with you Angela

Match 3: Lance
March 4: Angela

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Reaction score
Medals
Chase Gioberti, Jacqueline Perrault's son
who started his Tuscany adventure full of optimism, a second chance to become a family again, far away from the immoral big city.
Little did he know that his dream was the beginning of a nightmare, and how this was going to affect his character and sense of morality.

Maggie Gioberti
Who suffered every suffering so gracefully, until she couldn't suffer no more.

They were the heart & soul of Falcon Crest imo.

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
The first one is relatively easy: Lance over Chase any day of the week.

I can't bear to vote against Maggie or Angela. It's like Sophie's Choice without the over-acting.

So I'll vote for Maggie...knowing in my heart of hearts that Angela will likely win this round anyway. That's the closest I can get to having it both ways.