• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

World Cup Tournament The World Cup of Falcon Crest

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Quarter final 3: Chase
Quarter final 4: Angela

Maggie meets up with Angela, in a meadow adjoining the northern vineyards, (a scene from season 7, 1987 – ’88):

Angela: “Maggie it was very nice of you to meet me.”

Maggie: “Well Angela, ahem I’ve always had a weak spot for sincerity. You sounded serious on the telephone.”

Angela: “I was serious. I want to talk to you, mother to mother.”

Maggie laughs.

Angela: “Now I don’t expect you to trust me but please hear me out.”

Maggie: “I’m not going anywhere.”

Angela: “I had a long talk with Fr. Bob, about family.”

Maggie: “Don’t tell me you’re planning your reconciliation with Richard?”

Angela: “Well, I am religious but I don’t put much faith in miracles.”

Angela: “Maggie I don’t want my grandson to hate me. I want Michael to give me a chance.”

Maggie: “Well Angela I’ll do what I can but I can’t talk for your son.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Today is your last chance to vote in the quarter finals: polls close at midnight UK time. Lance vs Chase and Angela vs Maggie, who wins? You decided.

Last edited:

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
LANCE prime time´s hottest stud ever seen on tv! Handsome, evil but also sensitive. A playboy like no one else.

ANGELA the wicked witch of Tuscanny Valley. Controlls her land and her family.

Angela & Lance zw Wein PR S1.jpg

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
The polls have closed and your votes have been counted and verified. The scores were as follows:

Quarter Final 3: Chase 2 Lance 6
Quarter Final 4: Angela 6 Maggie 2

Therefore the last 2 semi finalists are Lance Cumson and Angela Channing.

Thank you for all your votes. Details of both semi-final matches will follow later today.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards

We are now at the semi-final stage of the contest and the 4 remaining characters will now compete for a place in the final to be the winner of the Apollo Cup.

The draw has been made and the matches are as follows:

Semi-Final 1: Richard Channing vs Melissa Agretti

Semi-Final 2: Angela Channing vs Lance Cumson

You are voting for the 2 characters you would like to win the matches and go through to the final.

The vote will close at midnight on Tuesday 17th October.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
The choices are more difficult now that only the heavyweight characters are left, however here are my votes.

Richard vs Melissa
Genuinely conflicted as to who I should vote for as I like both characters equally. Over the course of the series, Richard was the more complex, multi-dimensional character, however in the first few seasons that she was in I think Melissa was the more compelling character. On balance I think I just prefer Melissa.

Angela vs Lance
I really like both characters but supporting Lance would be like voting against myself and Angela is always my favourite so she gets my vote.

Match 1: Melissa
Match 2: Angela

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Richard Channing - because even during FC's worst times he was entertaining (enough).
Angela Channing - both characters weakened as the show went along (unlike Maggie and Richard) but she was a great villain for a while and she never performed Knock On Wood on a stag night.

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hard decision.... they´re my fav 4

evil & milk drinking Richard vs sexy & man eating Melissa
I vote Melissa

grandmother vs grandchild, evil woman vs handsome playboy
I vote Lance

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Semi final 1: Melissa
Semi final 2: Angela

Angela wants to get her hands on the Agretti vineyards and sees Lance marrying Melissa as integral to her plan, (a scene from season 1, 1981 – ‘82):

Angela: “Carlo Agretti’s vineyards are some of the finest, in the valley, almost as good as ours. They belong together.”

Lance: “Carlo Agretti is a widower, right? Why don’t you marry him?”

Angela: “Like I always said, the joining of young vines is a far better investment.”

Lance: “Grandmother I don’t even know his daughter.”

Angela: “Melissa Agretti is Carlo’s only child and she’s a lovely girl. Now sit down!”

Lance: “You just think of this as one step to a merger, right?”

Angela: “Still a lovely girl and his only heir.”

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Today is your last chance to influence whether or not your favourite characters will make the final of The World cup of Falcon Crest. Vote for either Richard or Melissa in match 1 and Angela or Lance in match 2. The vote closes at midnight UK time.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you everyone for taking part in this week's vote. The polls have closed and your votes have been counted and verified. The scores were as follows:

Semi Final 1: Richard 5 Melissa 4
Semi Final 2: Angela 8 Lance 1

Therefore the finalists that will compete in the final of the World Cup of Falcon Crest to win the Apollo Cup are:

The poll for the final will open later today.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards

The final is finally here and it's between the heaviest of the Falcon Crest heavyweights: Channing vs Channing, mother vs son, Angela vs Richard.

The poll is now open to vote for who you want to win the World Cup of Falcon Crest between Richard Channing and Angela Channing and will close at midnight on 24th October, UK time. The winner will be declared on the following day.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
My vote.

Richard and Angela were the biggest adversaries in the show so it's kind of fitting that their rivalry should be carried through to the final of this contest. I got to go with Angela but I'm happy that Richard will finish in the top 2 (even thought I would have preferred Melissa in the final).

Final vote: Angela