World Cup Tournament The World Cup of Falcon Crest

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
When Angela was bad, she was very, very good, but she sometimes got a little cosy, a little safe. Richard never really lost his edge in the same way. Even his vulnerable side was interesting. So ... Richard.

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Once Richard arrived at the start of the 2nd season life in the valley of wine promised to get more complicated and he lived up to that promise. He was a character of many layers, who anybody could never attribute to being one dimensional. All that said where would the show have been without the controlling, usually mean but quite often funny grape loving matriarch Angela? The majority of the final season is a case in point.

IMHO Angela should win this contest and gets my vote.

Maggie’s wake is taking place, in the Falcon Crest mansion. Angela is standing with Chao-Li, in the foyer, (a scene from season 9, 1989 – ‘90):

Angela: “Richard wait! It is amazing how death can shake even the firmest resolve. Richard come here.”

Mother and son hug.

Richard: “What am I going to do?”

Angela: “You’re gonna survive!”

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Today is the final day of voting for the final of The World Cup of Falcon Crest and the choice of who will win still lies in your hands.

Chose your winner between Richard Channing and Angela Channing before the vote closes at midnight UK time.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you for all your votes and the poll has now closed. The votes have been counted and verified and one vote came in after the poll closed and so cannot be included.

The score in the final of the World Cup of Falcon Crest is as follows:

Angela 6
Richard 5

Had the late vote been included the result would have been a tie and according to the rules of the contest, the first vote excluding mine would have become the deciding vote. That vote was by @Gioberti84 who voted for Angela to win. Either way, the winner of The World Cup of Falcon Crest and the recipient of the Apollo Trophy is Angela Channing.

It was a close match and every vote counted.

Richard Channing
gets the silver medal and Lance Cumson and Melissa Agretti are jointly awarded the bronze.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you, Angela, for putting this together and creating a fun competition with the main characters.

:thank:

Are there any plans in your mind for another? Maybe Dallas/Knots/Dynasty? It would be even more fun to see an ultimate round with all four of the big guns.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you, Angela, for putting this together and creating a fun competition with the main characters.

:thank:

Are there any plans in your mind for another? Maybe Dallas/Knots/Dynasty? It would be even more fun to see an ultimate round with all four of the big guns.

Thanks Ome.

I'd like to stick with Falcon Crest for the moment and next up, after a short break, I'll be starting The World Cup of Falcon Crest Cliffhangers where the different end of season cliffhangers will compete against each other until there's a winner. After that, I may move to the other soaps, I like your the idea of characters from the different soaps competing against each other.