• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Title: Matchmaker Pairing: JR/Sue Ellen

Alexia

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Wow!! Dusty is truly despicable in this story!!
Lovely update zephiey!! And Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!:danc::jump2:

K

Karin Schill

Seems like Dusty might have a crush on Sue Ellen. I wonder if she's aware of it?

Jock sure knows how to handle little boys. Then again he's had a lot of practise with JR, Bobby and Gary (and Ray although he was older when he came to Southfork).

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Jock is right (never thought I'd type that LOL) Dusty IS an arsehole and does need to be knocked on his arse. Really sweet seeing a softer, kinder side of him with AJ (wish we'd seen more of it on the show. Especially him imitating Miss Ellie, that would've been hilarious)
Love how all the men came together to help Sue Ellen search for AJ.
Now they all need to come together to teach the saddle tramp some respect.
Keep it coming, it's fabulous.
Happy new year.

zephiey

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Seems like Dusty might have a crush on Sue Ellen. I wonder if she's aware of it?

Jock sure knows how to handle little boys. Then again he's had a lot of practise with JR, Bobby and Gary (and Ray although he was older when he came to Southfork).

A slight spoiler...turn away now if you don't want to know...I'll wait. Okay...*looks around to make sure no one overhears* Yes, Sue Ellen knows Dusty wants her but she views him as a friend, an immature friend and has no plans on getting involved with him.
Jock has had ALOT of practice. :)

zephiey

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Jock is right (never thought I'd type that LOL) Dusty IS an arsehole and does need to be knocked on his arse. Really sweet seeing a softer, kinder side of him with AJ (wish we'd seen more of it on the show. Especially him imitating Miss Ellie, that would've been hilarious)
Love how all the men came together to help Sue Ellen search for AJ.
Now they all need to come together to teach the saddle tramp some respect.
Keep it coming, it's fabulous.
Happy new year.

I always thought Jock had a softer side. And considering how long Jock and Ellie have been married, I'm sure both can do a very good imitation of the other. The men will be holding classes on respect for a number of people. Glad you enjoyed it and happy new year to you too!

Alexia

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So, no new update zephiey...?:(:bag:
And, thanks for your reply to my post!

zephiey

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Title: Matchmaker

Chapter 7

It took Jeremy longer than he thought it would but he finally located JR and Bobby. “Hey JR! Bobby!” he shouted, running toward the two men.

“Jeremy...what’s up?” asked Bobby before JR.

“Glad I found you two. We’ve got a problem,” panted Jeremy as he bent over trying to catch his breath.

“What? What problem,” the two men asked almost simultaneously.

Jeremy held up his hand for a moment, taking a few more deep breaths to control his breathing. Once his breathing was under control he straightened up and said, “AJ’s missin’. That idiot of an uncle of his, Dusty Farlow...what kind of a name is Dusty anyway? Upset the boy, made him cry and he took off. Sue Ellen’s upset...almost in tears. She’s with Billy looking for the boy up near the house. I figured I would head down here just in case he decided to duck into one of the barns or corrals. So far no one’s seen him. Have either of you seen him?”

Bobby answered first, “Nope.”

“What did his uncle say to him?” JR asked softly. Both men took an involuntary step backwards. Both men were familiar with JR’s temper and it was about to let loose.

“Something about you only telling AJ you would show him the oil fire pictures to get him to shut up,” Jeremy explained. He flinched at the string of cussing JR let loose. It was rare for JR to cuss but when he did, people tended to get maimed. Jeremy looked over at Bobby, each man prepared to keep JR from killing someone. Or at the very least, they would help him hide the body.

“Matt!” yelled JR, getting the attention of one of the older ranch hands.

Matt ran over to JR. “Yes JR?” he asked.

“Keep an eye out for a boy about eight years old, brown hair, blue eyes, answers to the name AJ,” ordered JR. “Seems his uncle upset him and he might try to hide in one of the barns or corrals. Pass the word to keep an eye out for him. If you find or see him, call up to the house. I’ll come down to get him,” JR added.

“Yes sir,” said Matt. ‘Uh JR?”

“Yeah?”

“His uncle?” asked Matt, wondering if JR wanted him and the boys to handle the uncle.

“I’ll take care of his uncle,” said JR, the tone of his voice leaving Matt, Jeremy and Bobby with no doubt with just how JR would handle the kid’s uncle.

“Let’s see if we can find AJ,” JR said, pulling his hat low and stalking away. Bobby and Jeremy shared an amused glance before following. Today was not going to be a good day for AJ’s uncle.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

The three men spent better than three-quarters of an hour searching every place an eight year old boy could hide but came up empty handed. None of the hands had seen him. One thing they did know is that he hadn’t taken one of the horses; all of them were accounted for. The three finally arrived at the barn nearest the house, meeting up with Matt and a few of the ranch hands.

“We’ve checked everywhere JR, no sign of the boy,” said Matt.

“He might have made it back to the house,” Jeremy said, hoping he had. He could only imagine how worried Sue Ellen was.

“Maybe,” Bobby said, hoping he had. He knew from personal experience with Christopher just how easy a young boy could hide on the ranch. JR didn’t reply, instead he continued to look out over the ranch trying to figure out just where AJ had run off to. He clenched his hands into fists his anger simmering at the thought of AJ’s uncle and his careless words. If he ever got his hands on the man he would regret ever making AJ cry, JR promised himself.

“Mister JR...Mister Ewin’,” one of the hands shouted, running toward the men. He had been trying to find the Ewing brothers for almost twenty minutes, finally managing to catch up with them; he had a message from Jock for JR.

“Mister JR, I got a message from your daddy for you,” the young ranch hand said, once he reached the men.

“What is it?” JR asked.

The ranch hand took a deep breath before speaking. “Mister Jock said to tell ya AJ’s with him and your mama. Miss Shepard is with him too and he’s okay.”

“Thank god,” both Jeremy and Bobby exclaimed. JR nodded in response. He turned to Matt.

“Matt tell the boys thanks and go get ya’ll some beers,” instructed JR.

“Will do JR,” replied Matt, he and the other men heading toward one of the refreshment tents.

“I don’t know about you two, but I could use a beer or three myself,” said Jeremy.

Bobby laughed. “Me too.”

“Why don’t you two go ahead I’ve got one other thing to take care of,” replied JR, as he started to walk away.

“Do you think we ought to go with him?” asked Jeremy. He had a pretty good idea just what thing JR had to take care of.

“Why don’t you go, I have a feeling if I follow the thing he is planning on taking care of might not survive the day,” replied Bobby.

“Yeah, you’re right. I don’t think Miss Ellie would appreciate both her sons in jail for murder,” quipped Jeremy.

Bobby’s hand rested on Jeremy’s shoulder. “Don’t let it get that far. Cause Mamma ain’t the only one who wouldn’t appreciate it.” Bobby’s tone left no doubt as to his meaning.

“Not a problem. Besides what kind of friend would I be if I left him to face the consequences alone?” teased Jeremy.

Bobby grinned, “Not a very good one.”

“Exactly,” Jeremy grinned at Bobby before following JR. Bobby watched the two men head off in the direction of the rodeo corral before he headed to the house. As he walked Bobby just hoped Jeremy was enough to keep JR’s temper in check. He laughed softly. Who was he kidding, between the two of them they would both end up in jail and he would be stuck running Ewing Oil by himself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

JR waited patiently. He wasn’t in a rush. He knew the cowboy would eventually show back up to his truck. JR leaned against the front hood, boot resting on the fender and simply waited. Jeremy waited with him but where JR was alert Jeremy was napping against bales of hay. It wasn’t long before JR’s patience paid off and his prey showed up. JR straightened from his position against the truck. He watched as Farlow placed his saddle and gear into the bed of the truck.

“Can I help you?” Farlow asked once he was done securing his gear. He received no answer to his question. Instead the man simply stood there. “I asked can I help you?” he said once more, a bit louder this time figuring the man hadn’t heard him over the noise of the rodeo.

Again his question was met with silence.

Dusty was fast losing patience. His day had gone from being great to being crap simply because his nephew got his feelings hurt. It wasn’t his fault no one else would tell the boy the truth. As if the great JR Ewing would take the time out of his busy schedule to show AJ anything, much less take the time to speak to him. That boy needed a man around to teach him the realities of the world and he was just the man for such a job. Sue Ellen needed to stop playing around and simply accept the fact he was the best man for the job. The sooner she realized no man wanted a woman with a kid, much less the problems her ex-husband brought, the better off she would be. He was tired of waiting for her. Maybe he ought to make a call to her ex, give her the push she needed to realize... Dusty realized the man in front of him was speaking to him.

“Farlow? Dusty Farlow?”

“Yeah, that’s me. Who are you? What do you want?” Dusty asked. There was something about the man in front of him, something that made Dusty nervous but he ignored the apprehension creeping up his spine. Instead he tried to intimidate the other man with his height. Dusty realized his mistake when the other man shifted his stance back to being completely relaxed against the truck.

“You owe a friend of mine an apology,” JR began in his trademarked slow and steady drawl. “Now normally I’d demand you make your apology immediately, but seeing how you already upset my friend once I’ve decided it would be better for any apology from you to wait. Instead, it would be in your best interest to leave now,” JR finished, idly cleaning the underside of his right thumbnail.

“Who the hell do you think you are? I don’t have to leave...” Dusty started but his voice trailed off as the other man shot him a look. Dusty took an involuntary step backwards before straightening to his full height once again. “I don’t know who you think you are or who this friend of yours is but I’m not apologizing to anyone,” Dusty snarled.

JR didn’t bother to answer; he nodded almost to himself, straightened up from leaning on the truck, pulled his hat low over his eyes and walked away. Jeremy watched JR walk away. Farlow had made himself an enemy today. A very powerful enemy and he didn’t even know it. A smirk graced Jeremy’s face as he stood up and brushed the hay off him. Walking toward Farlow he couldn’t help the soft chuckle that escaped at the other man’s confusion. Passing him Jeremy softly said, “You’re an idiot.”

Farlow whirled to glare at the other man. Jeremy ignored his glare and continued speaking, “Not only an idiot but stupid too.”

“Who the hell are you?” Farlow growled, trying to intimidate the other man by stepping closer to tower over him.

Jeremy grinned at Farlow’s intimidation tactics. “Me?” he said. “Name’s Wendell...Jeremy Wendell and the man who left...you do know who that was, don’t you?” Jeremy asked, almost positive the cowboy had no clue who he just pissed off.

Farlow had no idea who the other man was, he looked familiar but he couldn’t place where he had seen him before. Whoever he was Dusty wasn’t overly concerned about him. He was probably a promoter or some businessman who thought money made him tough. He probably didn’t even know how to ride a horse or rope a steer...probably never even seen an oil rig. ‘Probably never wore boots before today,’ Dusty thought snidely.

Jeremy grin turned into a full blown smile. “That was J.R. Ewing,” he said gleefully, enjoying the look of shock that passed over Farlow’s face.

“f***,” Dusty swore. ‘No wonder he looked familiar. Oh, this was not good. He was screwed. What the hell! Dammit!,’ all went through Dusty’s head as he stood there in shock. He barely registered the slap to his back and only turned when he heard Wendell speak.

“Now you have a good rest of a day...I’m pretty sure I’ll be seeing ya’round,” Jeremy said, sliding his hands into his pockets, walking away, whistling softly.

TBC

Alexia

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks!!!!:oops: Forget all about my previous post...:shy:
I love how JR seems to care so much for AJ already!!!!

Last edited:

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Fabulous, Fabulous and did I mention Fabulous?.
Dusty DOES need a serious lesson in respect, his thoughts about Sue Ellen (especially the one about her ex-husband) and AJ were disgusting, as if he has any idea what Sue Ellen and AJ need.
To quote Burt Reynolds JR needs to knock the saddle tramp 'so flat you're gonna have roll down your socks to shit'.
Love that all the boys went to bat for JR and helped looking for AJ too.
It's cool to see that instead of the usual back stabbing we got on the show.
Can't wait to see what happens.

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Forgot to add I LOVE that Dusty had NO IDEA who JR was and actually tried to square off to him. He's such a dick.

K

Karin Schill

:lmao:Dusty sure made a fool out of himself. Somehow I sense more showdowns between him and JR coming on. Also I'm almost positive I've read this story before it all seems very familiar. Also it's cute how JR is so concerned about Sue Ellen's son.

Alexia

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hope you update soon zephiey!! I re-read what you posted this weekend, that fic is brilliant!!:popcorn: