Too hard to watch

I turn away when I see

• Someone getting stabbed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A monster zombie/werewolf/vampire etc..

• Someone hanging off a cliff/tall building

• Someone with rotten teeth

• Total voters

Ome

Admin
Solutions
Reaction score
When you're watching the TV, do you turn your head when you see something that makes you squirm?

Tick as many as you want and shout out if there is something not mentioned in the poll.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Animal death in general :( Lots of films have it and it is so unnecessary. Usually occurs when there is a stalker/serial killer about and they get into someone's home :(

Reactions: Ome

Mel O'Drama

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
From the list I'd go for the final option - someone eating with their mouth open. I'll also throw in...

Dead animals (thankfully news reports and articles are moving towards having "trigger warnings" about this kind of imagery).

And anything relating to mucus.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
And cue Bess Armstrong @Mel O'Drama

I hate it. There was a good show on last night called 'Cheat' and I was loving it up until the point the cat died. Really not on. Lots of complaints on Twitter. If it's relevant to the story...ok...but still think there are other ways around it.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
None of the above but I once watched a TV show about body piercing and I couldn't watch when a guy had his tongue pierced.

Last edited:

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
Medals
Open surgery would be the main one for me. Immediate channel change or cover my eyes till it's over.
I watch a lot of nature documentaries and I don't like it when an animal catches it's prey, but I can deal with it.

Also Theresa May and Donald Trump could go on my list. Theresa May especially. The sound of her voice is like nails on a chalkboard. I have to change the channel.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
Medals
None of the above but I once watched a TV show about body piercing and I could watch when a guy had his tongue pierced.

I saw a documentary that featured tongue splitting recently (that gives you a forked tongue), which is a growing trend. Couldn't watch.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
I saw a documentary that featured tongue splitting recently (that gives you a forked tongue), which is a growing trend. Couldn't watch.
I couldn't watch that either.

You quoted my previous post and I meant I couldn't watch a tongue piercing. Clearly, I don't like watching things done to tongues.

Emelee

Telly Talk Superstar
Reaction score
Medals
I'm a former nurse so blood, guts, injections etc = nothing. I am fascinated still when I watch operations on telly or YouTube. I like watching all that.

However, when one animal attacks and eats another animal, that's when I turn away!!!! I am too much of a softie when it comes to animals. Much more so than humans.

Emelee

Telly Talk Superstar
Reaction score
Medals
I want to add this; I am sensitive when it comes to SOME body parts. I saw a reality show about British helicopter paramedics in Yorkshire where they attended a woman with a knife in her eye.
Oh - My - God!!!!!!!
I couldn't watch that!

Ome

Admin
Solutions
Reaction score
Anything medical and I'm looking at the walls or ceiling.

I struggle with cliff-hanging, or anyone hanging by a thread, it's not that I have to look away, it's more about my toes curling in.

Two others I remember that I can't watch

• A vet sticking his hand/arm up an animal's bottom
  • Someone spitting in another person's face

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
Reaction score
Medals
Someone burning to death is the worst for me. When Daesh burned that Jordanian pilot alive in '15 I did watch that video and wish I didn't.

James from London

Telly Talk 20+ Years
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Medals
I saw the Jim Rose Circus Sideshow live once. They're sort of like a modern-day punky American freakshow who were quite big over here in the 90s -- they were even on THE X-FILES. Anyway, they would things like put nails through parts of their bodies and dangle weights from other parts of their bodies and I was fine with all of that, but anything that involved regurgitation (and then swallowing it again!) I just couldn't handle.

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
Solutions
Reaction score
Jim Rose Circus Sideshow live once.
Wow! That's a blast from the past - If I'm thinking of the same thing, they featured on THE WORD - not sure how many times, but it felt like they were on quite a bit. Unless it was just the one appearance and their performance shocked me so much that it felt like they were on many times.

I remember the hanging iron, and the regurgitation the most.

Come to think of it, there was so much on THE WORD that was revolting, they had a segment where people will do anything to get on TV.

Things that I remember

A very large man on a gym bike until he worked up a sweat, then someone licked under his arms.
Someone eating cereal (maybe cornflakes) with toe clipping mixed in.
A young lad kissing with tongues an elderly lady, who looked about 90 years old,

I'm going to stop there because I don't want to try and remember any more.

Ome

Admin
Solutions
Reaction score
Oh hell!!! I had to look

Do not watch unless you want to be sick!

James from London

Telly Talk 20+ Years
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Medals
If I'm thinking of the same thing, they featured on THE WORD

Yeah, that's them. They were everywhere for a while. I think they're still going.