Trump at CPAC

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Did anyone else listen to former President Trump's speech to the Conservative Political Action Committee yesterday?

It was terrifying to me. He went after the Supreme Court, saying they should have overturned the election. He also made it clear that he intends to use his influence in the Republican party to push an anti voting rights agenda.

I expected the speech to be bad. I didn't expect it to be THAT bad.

After January 6, I no longer have any doubt that his most ardent supporters will use violence to suppress votes and threaten duly elected public officials. And Trump obviously has no remorse about the attempted coup in our Capitol, because he is still using the same lies and rhetoric to fire these people up.

I am truly concerned about what will happen on March 4 when he isn't installed back as President during "the storm."

These people are crazy. And he is the head loon.

Billy Nolan

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What really irritates me about all this is the fact that he still does not recognize the election and is still questioning the election result.

You can also feel hatred. I run the Knots Landing International page on Instagram. It's a European side with worldwide internationel KL stuff and content. I was attacked nastily by some KL fans who also are die hard Trump supporters because I come from Europe and we should stay out of US politics.
They also said that our country was so small compared to the United States that we had no right to have a say.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Trump and his fanatics would have remained on the fringes if we didn't live in a failed state.

How Donald Trump rose to power in America, according to former Greek finance minister Yanis Varoufakis​

Yanis Varoufakis, former finance minister of Greece and author of "Adults in the Room: My Battle with the European and American Deep Establishment," explains that the rise of Donald Trump and the alt-right is a symptom of the failure of the establishment and liberal capitalism. Following is a transcript of the video.

Yanis Varoufakis: My name is Yanis Varoufakis. I'm a failed finance minister of a failed state called Greece. I've written a book, "Adults in the Room."

Donald Trump is a symptom. He's a symptom of the failure of the establishment. He’s a symptom of the failure of liberal capitalism to deal with a crisis of its own making.

In the European Union, the Euro crisis, which was a comedy of errors. Every time the great and the good in Europe in the European Union Council and the Eurogroup met since 2008, 2009, they compiled one gross error upon the next. The result being that now there is absolutely no leadership in Europe.

Angela Merkel had a splendid opportunity to be the leader that unites Europe, that turns us into United States of Europe, because effectively the moment you start unifying different disparate economies by means of a common currency, that should be a first step towards federation. Instead we are having the opposite process of fragmentation.

The alt-right, both in the United States and in Europe, is a symptom. It's a symptom of our generation's 1929, which of course took place in 2008, and of the establishment’s spectacular, colossal failure to deal with the challenges by this, first the financial sector collapse and secondly, inability of our market societies to rise up to the occasion and to find ways of recovering a kind of equilibrium between savings and investment so as to create the prospects and the jobs — good quality jobs – that are the only real antidote to the rise of xenophobia populism.

You've got to remember, we have to remember, that deflationary periods, like the 1930s, breed political monsters. So when the great and the good, and the Obama administration has a share of this blame, failed to deal with the crisis that started in 2008, failed to boost investment in things that humanity needs and things that can restore hope, effectively created the circumstances for their own demise and for the rise of the Donald Trumps and the Marine Le Pens and the xenophobic, racist populace around the so-called civilized world.

Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/pre...greece-finance-minister-angela-merkel-2017-11

Washington Post Blames Capitol Protest On Economic Despair.​

Last edited:

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I mean, all of that is true.

But it's also true that Trump came to power because a crap ton of racist white Americans had to sit still for 8 years under a black President and Trump was their way of "rectifying" that.

Trump supporters don't care about policy or politics. Hate is their game.

Last edited:

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I mean, all of that is true.

But it's also true that Trump came to power because a crap ton of racist white Americans had to sit still for 8 years under a black President and Trump was there way of "rectifying" that.

Trump supporters don't care about policy or politics. Hate is their game.
I voted for Obama twice. However, I began looking for an alternative to the Democrats in 2016 after they spent 8 years betraying their base and moving in a center-right direction. In my search, I discovered the Green Party and found they most closely aligned with my views. Others likely fell for Trump's economic populism rhetoric, and were drawn to him. That's not to say that Trump doesn't attract his share of racists, but I'm not convinced they were enough to give him the win. As you said, Obama was in office for 8 years, which means America elected a black man twice. Although Trump ultimately became the establishment, he was able to tap into the visceral anger people rightly had towards both parties. The problem is many of his followers turned him into a Messiah-like figure to the point that they're willing to go over a cliff for him, which he encourages.

Although left wing populism took off at the same time as Trumpism, the populist left never deified Bernie Sanders the way the populist right deified Trump.

Last edited:

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Frank Underwood , that's because the left wingers aren't complete loons.

I understand your criticism of Biden and the Democrats and I agree with a lot of it. But as I said in an earlier thread, America is a land of slow, incremental change.

There is very little difference between the two mainstream parties...except one currently bows to a group that tried to hang our VP and shoot the SoH in the head.

This isn't a hard choice for me. I support Biden and the Dems because I want change... eventually.

Trump and his base will burn our country, institutions, and Citizens to the ground for the power of man.

This isn't even close for me.

Last edited:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
When Donald Trump is 98 years old he will be walking around still complaining about the 2020 election and how he was robbed. The man will never go away.

K

Karin Schill

Well the Swedish news has had a field day showing clips from Trump's speech last night. The message was clear. Trump will be back for the 2024 election. Right now I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Frank Underwood , that's because the left wingers aren't complete loons.

I understand your criticism of Biden and the Democrats and I agree with a lot of it. But as I said in an earlier thread, America is a land of slow, incremental change.

There is very little difference between the two mainstream parties...except one currently bows to a group that tried to hang our VP and shoot the SoH in the head.

This isn't a hard choice for me. I support Biden and the Dems because I want change... eventually.

Trump and his base will burn our country, institutions, and Citizens to the ground for the power of man.

This isn't even close for me.
When it comes to economic inequality, incremental change has been going in the opposite direction. The rich have been getting richer and the poor poorer since Reagan.

Dems don't condone domestic insurrections against American politicians, but Biden's illegal bombing of Syria without Congressional approval shows they're not above foreign insurrections. A few members of Congress have spoke out against it, but surely there will be no impeachment proceedings over it. Unfortunately, war is just business as usual.

Although there are deplorable Trump fanatics, I do feel sorry for the economically challenged who actually believe Trump's lies. However, I doubt it would happen in a country where the needs of the people were being met. Martin Luther King Jr. warned of "the tranquilizing drug of gradualism," and said "justice too long delayed is justice denied."

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
When Donald Trump is 98 years old he will be walking around still complaining about the 2020 election and how he was robbed. The man will never go away.
Will he live to be that old? I know they say "only the good die young" but he lives off of fast food, well-done steak and diet Coke. Plus he has come into contact with more urine than a urologist, that can't be healthy.

Julia's Gun

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Let's hope Trump will be in jail by 2024, sharing a cell with someone like Harvey Weinstein. With the utter failure of impeachment and the scared and spineless Republican establishment, that's the best hope for America of stopping this moron from running again.

Last edited:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Right, he said if he loses we would never see him again but he doesn’t think he lost so that’s why he’s still here. OMG I’m starting to understand his logic now when he speaks. I’m scared!!