Two-hit-wonders: battle of the signature songs

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
Reaction score
Medals
I prefer SO MANY MEN SO LITTLE TIME. I enjoyed the beat on this one. At first, because of the long musical introduction I thought it was going to be an instrumental track and I would've been okay with that too.

That Bowie Girl

Soap Chat Rebel
Reaction score
I have heard It's My Party and I think of the 2 it's the popular one? There was a commercial for milk that sang....It's my Party and I'll drink Milk if I want too Milk it I want too....so that song reminds me of that. :eek:

I love the music in You Don't Own Me... and the words are spot on cause nobody owns me! :cool:

I vote for YOU Don't Own me!

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
I never realised both these songs were sung by the same person. Two great songs which are polar opposites. It's My Party is about a pathetic, jilted woman feeling sorry for herself because her boyfriend has run off with another woman whereas You Don't Own Me is about a strong, independent woman telling her man she is still free to do what she wanst. You Don't Own Me is like a female anthem and for that it is my preferred song.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Reaction score
Medals
I would automatically vote for any song with a Johnny in it, but YOU DON'T OWN ME sounds just a little bit more interesting.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
I Promised Myself is the better song in my opinion.

Ome

Admin
Reaction score
Was he going for that look?
As I remember he was a model, to begin with, and shot to fame advertising the Levi 501 jean. Basically, he got his it off in a laundrette. Then (I think) Madonna spotted (fancied) him and worked with him to release some music. The first song "Each Time You Break My Heart" was a big hit, but after that, he seemed to fade into the background and Madonna probably got bored with him.

That Bowie Girl

Soap Chat Rebel
Reaction score
As I remember he was a model, to begin with, and shot to fame advertising the Levi 501 jean. Basically, he got his it off in a laundrette. Then (I think) Madonna spotted (fancied) him and worked with him to release some music. The first song "Each Time You Break My Heart" was a big hit, but after that, he seemed to fade into the background and Madonna probably got bored with him.
I do think you have jogged my memory and I do remember this about him, Madonna and the Levi Commercial. He released his last album in 1992. It doesn't say what he is doing now.

Reactions: Ome

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Reaction score
Medals
whereas ETYBMH I instantly associate as Nick Kamen's song.
Excellent point, but the majority of soapchat is not in favour of the Nick Kamienst song.
He waited and waited and waited for our decision, and now I'm happy to announce that I PROMISED MYSELF is the official Nick Kamen signature song.

Next:

Mike Oldfield Feat. Maggie Reilly: MOONLIGHT SHADOW vs. TO FRANCE

Good luck!