Tyler Perry's The Haves and the Have Nots

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
I love the disgusted looks shot between Maggie, David and Veronica. I love that for a moment Maggie and Veronica were on the same side. Clever writing.

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
Jeffery shows up in the middle of Candace's struggle with Quincy. They end up both taking turns stabbing Quincy. (To death, I hope.) The end.

I'm exhausted. That was one of the most breathless season finales I can remember.

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
The bloody aftermath of Candace and Jeffery stabbing Quincy to death is fun. Jeffery is shrieking and hysterical and Candace is scrambling to figure out what to do next.

Meanwhile the Cryer's and the Harrington's are being processed at the jail. Kathryn is horrified to learn Veronica wears a wig.

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
Maggie is sending Landon out to do a full scale character assassination on Jim and Veronica, with the press--including leaking a photo of Veronica with Benny. She's either very brave or stupid.

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
Omg, this phone conversation between Benny and Hanna is the longest scene in the history of soap scenes. The jist is Hanna thinks she's a survivor and refuses to live in the house that Candace bought and Benny thinks Hanna's letting her pride get in the way of making smart decisions. But they go around and around about it for about ten minutes. They could have done the scene in five minutes and given me an extra scene with Landon.

Candace can't pick up Quincy's body by herself. I guess she needs some lessons from Abby Ewing on how to deal with a corpse. Jeffery is absolutely useless.

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
They should do a whole spinoff season of the Cryers and Harringtons in jail. It would mostly be a sitcom, I think.

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
Wow, the previews for the next episode are VERY Knots Landing: Candace digging through Quincy's pants pockets to get his car keys and Maree Cheatham!

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I knew you'd know Maree Cheatham. She's the quintessential "nosy neighbor" in this piece, also bringing a bit of snobbery with a heapin' helping of racism added to the mix. But she is mostly a Gladys Kravitz-type.

They should do a whole spinoff season of the Cryers and Harringtons in jail. It would mostly be a sitcom, I think.
Think of the $$$ they will save on sets, wardrobe....oooh! :eck:

You'll have to settle for one of TP's "monthdays" with the foursome in the pokey. Granted, some of them will remain "guests of the Chatham County jail" longer than others....LOL about Kathryn's reaction to the wig. They've known one another for (apparently) decades, but Kathryn doesn't notice such obvious things because she's just that self-absorbed.

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
:lmao:Jeffery trying to drive Quincy's stick shift.

These long, drawn out scenes of Benny and Hanna arguing are the first time I've been tempted to fast forward.

She's the quintessential "nosy neighbor" in this piece, also bringing a bit of snobbery with a heapin' helping of racism added to the mix. But she is mostly a Gladys Kravitz-type.
She should be perfect for that type of role.

LOL about Kathryn's reaction to the wig. They've known one another for (apparently) decades, but Kathryn doesn't notice such obvious things because she's just that self-absorbed.
Just as funny was Veronica smirking at Kathryn having to remove her girdle.

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Just as funny was Veronica smirking at Kathryn having to remove her girdle.
There's another "fashion accessory" of Veronica's that will become the subject of a lot of smirking, chortling, and denials later on, but I'll let you discover that one on your own.

You know I love Kathryn, but those "slightly-too-tight" floral dresses she wears do her no favors. I'm guessing it's a wardrobe dictate of the writers more than the actress, because she's always wearing those things. Real people tend to mix it up a little bit when given a choice.

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
I've enjoyed Jennifer's increased presence this season as much as I haven't enjoyed Landon's decreased presence.

Episode after episode of the Harringtons and Cryers in side by side jail cells sniping at each other has been fun, but I'm ready for some change in that situation. David and Jeffery are out now, but I'm ready for Kathryn and Veronica to get sprung and start wreaking some havoc.

You know I love Kathryn, but those "slightly-too-tight" floral dresses she wears do her no favors.
Haha, she does seem to love her form fitting attire.