Dallas Actors Victoria Principal absent again.

MenaceTheDennis

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Would it kill Victoria to show up at the 40th anniversary celebration?! She owes her career to Dallas not to mention all the money she's made off her skin care line. With Larry gone it'd be such a treat for fans going to Southfork. Cmon Victoria! Just two days of your time. You can't be THAT busy!

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I get why some people may feel that VP avoids fans and any Dallas reunions but it was a job and one that she did well and was then burnt (quite literally) when she left. She has done numerous interviews since leaving, especially in the last few years with websites and fansites and has always supported the show, it's cast and her decision to leave.

And to my mind she was right to leave, the writing was on a downward spiral - certainly not terribly at first, but she was right and definitely left at the right time.

As much as it would be incredible to see her attend she had the same amount of notice as the rest of us and probably had other plans.

Odd that you pick out Victoria as not attending though whilst so many others aren't going - 4 cast members out of how many?

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
But it's not up to her. People on this very forum have said she just wouldn't be invited back for any more reunions. Something went down at the last one and she wont be asked back.

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But it's not up to her. People on this very forum have said she just wouldn't be invited back for any more reunions. Something went down at the last one and she wont be asked back.
I didn't know that. Is this the one that was badly organised and people were jumping over the fence to get in?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but didn't Victoria address the reunion and decided not to go based on the arrangements and planning....which turned out to be right and lots of people angry?

If so, why would anyone blame Victoria for that when she was proved right?

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I didn't know that. Is this the one that was badly organised and people were jumping over the fence to get in?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but didn't Victoria address the reunion and decided not to go based on the arrangements and planning....which turned out to be right and lots of people angry?

If so, why would anyone blame Victoria for that when she was proved right?
No that Reunion show that was filmed at Southfork and is on the DVDS.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I to understand the fans desperate need to see Victoria attend a reunion but I'm also on her side here if she doesn't wish to attend. To see in person Patrick, Linda, Victoria, Steve, Charlene and Ken on stage would be a treat. The reason why I chose these actors and left others out is because they're the original cast, that still survives.

Clubsoda

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'd love to see her do it however I truly feel the 2004 Reunion was her final goodbye to all things Dallas. I'm just sad beyond words that it wasn't a scripted episode that would've been amazing.

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Arh...Return To Southfork...I didn't know there were problems with that one (or with Victoria) - what happened? (He said so greedily eager for some scandal & gossip).

I think the only problem was that Victoria didn't attend and I understand she has a history of not attending reunions. There isn't any "scandal" that I know of regarding Victoria Principal, but compared to her costars, she seemed to be aloof and wasn't very social. This type of behavior is often mistaken for the person thinking she is "too good" to associate with her co-workers. That she didn't participate in either of the Dallas movies or the TNT Dallas or the Return To Southfork special does make someone wonder if maybe she did have an attitude problem regarding arrogance and/or being aloof. Her co-stars seemed more fan friendly and more willing to do things like Dallas movies or reunions. In s profession such as acting where someone's job is an art, people tend to be very passionate about what they do and don't usually have the attitude that "this is just another job, just a way to support myself." When someone who has a lot of fans like Victoria Principal does, doesn't show that typical kind of passion and behaves as if what they do is just a job it tends to put people off, especially when they see other Dallas stars acting more passionate about their fans and about participating in Dallas related events.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Apparently, after Return to Southfork, at least one cast member said they would only participate in further DALLAS-related events on the understanding that VP definitely wasn’t going to be there.

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think the only problem was that Victoria didn't attend and I understand she has a history of not attending reunions. There isn't any "scandal" that I know of regarding Victoria Principal, but compared to her costars, she seemed to be aloof and wasn't very social. This type of behavior is often mistaken for the person thinking she is "too good" to associate with her co-workers. That she didn't participate in either of the Dallas movies or the TNT Dallas or the Return To Southfork special does make someone wonder if maybe she did have an attitude problem regarding arrogance and/or being aloof. Her co-stars seemed more fan friendly and more willing to do things like Dallas movies or reunions. In s profession such as acting where someone's job is an art, people tend to be very passionate about what they do and don't usually have the attitude that "this is just another job, just a way to support myself." When someone who has a lot of fans like Victoria Principal does, doesn't show that typical kind of passion and behaves as if what they do is just a job it tends to put people off, especially when they see other Dallas stars acting more passionate about their fans and about participating in Dallas related events.
Return to Southfork is an extra on one of the DVDs (Season 4 I think oddly) and Victoria does take part in it - it was her final appearance on TV with the cast to celebrate 20 or 25 years.

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Some good points there, do the cast now rely on Dallas reunions & conventions (signings) are valuable income where as Victoria doesn't need to? It's a BIG cash cow now.

Clubsoda

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Had Duffy became the star he THOUGHT would have become, he NEVAH would have come back to the show. Never!

Definitely he was the first to jump ship and it didn't pan out the way he'd hoped at all. Had be become Patrick Pitt Dallas would only be mentioned here and there.

Victoria on the other hand didn't split as soon as her seven year contract was up she did 2 further years out of loyalty despite wanting out aswell during that entire time. They all thought she'd fail and come crawling back before the end of the eighties aswell but she didn't. I respect her a lot for a successful transition.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think the truth is in the middle... It does seem as if VP is more a do-my-own-thing kind of lady, and not everybody wants to relive, especially on video, their entire DALLAS experience forever. And that's fine.

But she does have a rep. She "didn't have the best relationship" with the original DALLAS producers according to one prime source, she felt violated by nuDALLAS pimping her character's name and possible existence that VP indignantly went public with her sense of exploitation, she refused to tell Valerie Bertinelli she was fat when an endorsement deal fell through (!), and while I initially thought the female posters here were just being "silly women" when they insisted that VP's and Miss Gray's body language at the 2004 Reunion revealed they were mad at each other, when I later went to re-watch the special, I quickly realized they were totally right!

So someone's apparently not that good at working and playing well with others, and probably has no interest at being so.

KayLloyd

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think the truth is in the middle... It does seem as if VP is more a do-my-own-thing kind of lady, and not everybody wants to relive, especially on video, their entire DALLAS experience forever. And that's fine.

But she does have a rep. She "didn't have the best relationship" with the original DALLAS producers according to one prime source, she felt violated by nuDALLAS pimping her character's name and possible existence that VP indignantly went public with her sense of exploitation, she refused to tell Valerie Bertinelli she was fat when an endorsement deal fell through (!), and while I initially thought the female posters here were just being "silly women" when they insisted that VP's and Miss Gray's body language at the 2004 Reunion revealed they were mad at each other, when I later went to re-watch the special, I quickly realized they were totally right!

So someone's apparently not that good at working and playing well with others, and probably has no interest at being so.

And it's also possible that other "someone's", were the "someone's" who "probably" had zero interest in getting along with a certain "someone's".

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
I think there is a bit of the green eyed monster of jealousy present in one of Victoria's Dallas colleagues & I wouldn't be surprised if that person was Patrick Duffy.

The character of Pam Ewing was more important to the show than that of Bobby Ewing in my opinion.

So I wouldn't be surprised that after she left & the show began it's slow popularity descent downwards, it's possible that Duffy harbours a spot of resentment that Principal's career worked out better after she'd left Dallas than when he had tried to leave back in 1985. :)

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This type of behavior is often mistaken for the person thinking she is "too good" to associate with her co-workers.
I agree with you here Kenny as this labeling has sometimes been directed at me personally from co-workers. Not in a nasty manner but questioned why I don't socialize with co-workers away from work, whether this involves private parties (example birthdays) or work Christmas functions. First of all the age demographic has changed from when I first began working at my current employment. It's gone from working with people closer to my age to mostly working with teenagers or people in their 20's. That's not a bad thing but as a gentleman in his early 50's I draw a line in the sand.

I've always been curious why people get defensive when I politely say no to an invite, as if it's a personal attack. It's why I often side with Victoria in regards to events like this and question when people say she owes her entire career to Dallas. She speaks fondly of Dallas when she has granted interviews. She recently (during the screening of TNT Dallas) publicly defended her decision to leave Lorimar Dallas all those years ago. So. Why do people on this site and others feel the need to question her loyalty to Dallas?