• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

"Vintage" novel VS "Falcon Crest" series

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She lost the case. The judge ruled there was no significant similarity between her book and Falcon Crest.

Last edited:

xab

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, and the novel is still available on Amazon. According to a reader's comment, it has nothing to do with Falcon Crest except for the Napa Valley and a few wine grapes...

Last edited:

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It was inevitable that there was going to be slight similarities between Anita and Earl's take, on any Napa wine making story. Understandably the lawsuit took a lot out of FC creator Earl Hamner (as you can hear in the video below).

Maggie (as acted by Samantha Eggar), Vicki (portrayed by Jamie Rose) and Chase (as acted by Clu Gulager) are in difficulties with their vineyard. Maggie and Chase have a bit of a domestic, as their daughter Vicki looks and listens, (a scene from 'The Vintage Years', 1981):

Chase: "It could happen that we plough it back into the vineyard and have next year's crop shot out from under us, like this one live!"

Maggie: "I could be more helpful if I knew what was happening."

Chase: "What do you want me to say, Maggie?"

Maggie: "Are we staying here or are we moving? I need a decision!"

Chase: "Maggie just once in your life will you stop being so practical."

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe this was why they changed the title from The Vintage Years to Falcon Crest (Falcon Crest is a better title anyway)?

Arlene Halloran

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe this was why they changed the title from The Vintage Years to Falcon Crest (Falcon Crest is a better title anyway)?

Oh so much better. Apart from the title TVY should have been an extra, on the season 1 DVD if and that's a big if the legalities were addressed.