Was the first Moon Landing in 1969 real or faked...?

Moon Landing -- real or faked

• Total voters

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I used to laugh at people who thought the moon landing was faked and I believed them to be idiots.

I'm agnostic on the subject today, but I just don't laugh at them anymore.

Here's an interesting conspiracy theory documentary with Mitch Pileggi as our host. Please watch and report back:

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I went with "I think it was real", but it leans heavily towards "I know it was real." I wasn't alive in 1969 and I've never been to the moon, so perhaps I can't know. But then I've never been to Tokyo either, so I'm trusting that the people who say it exists aren't lying to me.

Crimson

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Not gonna watch?

Honestly, no. I decided long ago that life is easier to accept at face value. Whether or not we landed on the moon -- who killed JFK -- or Marilyn -- heck, even if the Earth is flat -- none of that has any impact on my limited time alive. I'll just be over here happily accepting conventional knowledge while sipping on a cold brew coffee :NI:

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It depends on what you mean by "know". There's very little that we accept in our daily lives that we actually know by personal observation.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think it was real. I wasn’t alive yet either but how do you fake it and keep that a secret? You’d have to trust too many people to keep it from getting out. I just don’t see it
I was alive. There's no doubt in my mind that what I saw on the TV, heard on the radio and read in the newspapers was real. The idea that the level of detail available was faked and that all the news media either participated or was fooled is more fanciful than the original conspiracy theory.
I remember that episode @Willie Oleson. It was actually quite entertaining. I didn’t necessarily agree with it but it was very interesting to watch!
Not only is that absurd but they've heavily doctored the sound recording. A faked fake.

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I find it much easier to believe a team of scientists were able to send men to the moon and back than it is to believe a group of people staged the entire thing and were able to keep it a secret for fifty years.

While we're at it, I also believe:
Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.
O.J. did it.
M.J. was a child molester.
Covid-19 is a real pandemic.
Joe Biden won the Presidential election.
Dick York was the better Darrin.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I suspect the moon to be an awesome, rich planet and of course they don't want to share that with the rest of the world.
That moon landing happened, but not as it was shown on TV.
What we got instead: there's nothing to see here, nothing to get excited about, forget about this stupid moon.
Oh, the villainy!

Julia's Gun

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It was definitely real. Here in the UK Patrick Moore would never have deceived the British people. He was an expert on the moon who spent decades of his life mapping its surface. If he believed it - and he was presenting through it all, then that's good enough for me!

PM.jpg

RIP Patrick Moore (& Ronnie B!!)

Crimson

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've said it before, but I eschew all conspiracy theories. I'm not naïve enough to think that there are no "secrets", but conspiracy theories, especially in the age of social media, are a slippery slope to lunacy. One minute you're questioning who killed JFK, next think you know you believe the world is run by Satanist pedophiles trying to control your mind through vaccines and that you need to storm the Capitol because Donald Trump is the only person who's telling the truth. :rolleyes:

Feh. Not even putting my foot on that slope.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So there are no big secrets because those secrets would get out?
Essentially, yes. You're also forgetting that the Apollo programme was not just one two-and-a-half-hour moonwalk on TV. It consisted of multiple missions over several years. It would be extremely difficult to keep up a charade for that length of time with all the news media watching.

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Essentially, yes. You're also forgetting that the Apollo programme was not just one two-and-a-half-hour moonwalk on TV. It consisted of multiple missions over several years. It would be extremely difficult to keep up a charade for that length of time with all the news media watching.

Wow. Really?? Was it Hitler or Goering who said "the bigger the lie, the more people will believe it."?