• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Watched the dream season for the first time.

DC1888

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Just finished the last episode 5 mins ago. What a slap in the face that must have been first time around. Even though I tried to keep in mind that it was all a dream, it was hard not to be invested in the characters and story-lines. Stuff like Ray and Donna's reconciliation and adoption being all a dream I think is the biggest slap in the face even for me for a first time viewer all these years later and a generation apart.

Things I liked
  • Marc Singer's character and the Emeralds
  • JR and Sue Ellen reconciling
  • Sue Ellen getting on here feet and working for Graison's Research
  • Mark Graison coming back was interesting to say the least
  • The real Miss Ellie coming back
  • The whole Ray and Donna story-line

Next up to buy Series 10. Onwards and downwards from here? :confuse:

Vote4Cliff

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You've made it this far, hang in there you need to watch all the way to the bitter end

I did like the storyline with Sue Ellen working for Graison Research & getting all tough. I was sorry that was a dream.

I know it was supposed to be a big scandal at the time, but I still think the "dream" idea was brilliant. What a clever way to say NEVERMIND and just start all over. Wish we could do that in real life sometimes.

K

Karin Schill

I agree with everything you said except the part about Marc Graison coming back. That I could have done without!
But yes I also found myself getting invested in the characters even though I knew it was a dream the first time I watched it. At the end when Sue Ellen was blown up I was like "OMG how did she survive that?" and then I saw Pam waking up and I was like. "Already?"

So yes I got hooked on the dream season's plots.

But still I loved season 10 (DVD) even more, so enjoy it. It's the last of the truly great Dallas years!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
From what I remember I liked the dream season also. I always liked Ray and Donna's dramas they always felt real. Even if Ray could be annoying as hell with his stubbornness.

Don Howard

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
I liked the first half of the season. As soon as Dusty and Patricia left, it became "a tale of two seasons". The back half was putrid (and I love Barbara Carrera and Merete Van Kamp, but not in their roles in this setting). When watching the 1985-86 season on DVD, I leave after Goodbye, Farewell and Amen and return beginning with Thrice In A Lifetime, where Steve Forrest makes his debut.
Y7.jpg

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Just finished the last episode 5 mins ago. What a slap in the face that must have been first time around. Even though I tried to keep in mind that it was all a dream, it was hard not to be invested in the characters and story-lines. Stuff like Ray and Donna's reconciliation and adoption being all a dream I think is the biggest slap in the face even for me for a first time viewer all these years later and a generation apart.

Things I liked
  • Marc Singer's character and the Emeralds
  • JR and Sue Ellen reconciling
  • Sue Ellen getting on here feet and working for Graison's Research
  • Mark Graison coming back was interesting to say the least
  • The real Miss Ellie coming back
  • The whole Ray and Donna story-line

Next up to buy Series 10. Onwards and downwards from here? :confuse:

I absolutely loved the dream season and hated that they brought back Bobby at the end by dismissing everything that went before it. This season allowed characters for develop in ways we had not seen before, particularly Pam and Sue Ellen who both became stronger more determined. I never really cared that much for Ray and Donna but I really liked their Down's storyline and their eventual adoption of a deaf child. The Dimitri Marinos storyline was more Dynasty than Dallas but it was played with so much style and conviction that I had no problem with just going along with it.

The next season was also great, containing one of my all time favourite storylines revolving around Wes Parmalee. I think Dallas went down after that season.

Don Howard

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
The next season was also great, containing one of my all time favourite storylines revolving around Wes Parmalee. I think Dallas went down after that season.

That was another "tale of two seasons". Once we lost Steve Forrest, Dack Rambo (save for the two return appearances) and Jenilee Harrison all within about two minutes, some spark was lost.

Maryann

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
I can understand people being upset that they invested time into watching a season that ended up never really happened, but it was not that great after the first 6 episodes so it ended being a Dream is not bad at all. I would have liked if Seasons 11- 14( DVD) also end up being a bad Dream, erase the whole crap!!!

TomParks2016

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Forgot to mention too Jamie's "death" and the office explosion. If you cut out Pam waking up that's one hell of a season finale.

It was the last great season finale with the core cast intact...what was planned for season 10 was also good, but the fans were cheated and bailed on the show. Susan Howard sums it up nice....

Mustard

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can understand people being upset that they invested time into watching a season that ended up never really happened, but it was not that great after the first 6 episodes so it ended being a Dream is not bad at all. I would have liked if Seasons 11- 14( DVD) also end up being a bad Dream, erase the whole crap!!!

As far as Knots Landing's continuity is concerned, the dream season is real and Bobby's return isn't. Bobby's return from the dead is now a big part of the Dallas legend, anyway. In Seasons 11-14, I don't see anything that is good from a legacy standpoint.

That was another "tale of two seasons". Once we lost Steve Forrest, Dack Rambo (save for the two return appearances) and Jenilee Harrison all within about two minutes, some spark was lost.

I prefer the B.D. Calhoun and Nancy Scottfield storylines in Season 10, rather than the Wes Parmalee storyline.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

I loved the Wes Parmalee storyline & liked the way it ended with it all being very ambiguous.

However I believe he really was Jock Ewing & left to spare his family any more pain. :)

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
It was the last great season finale with the core cast intact...what was planned for season 10 was also good, but the fans were cheated and bailed on the show. Susan Howard sums it up nice....

Susan is right. Bobby's return was the beginning of the end & when Bobby's Mercedes SL driven by Pam hits that Oil Tanker everything after that is when the quality of the show dropped!

Once Victoria Principal left, Dallas was on life support..... Sad but true! :(

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system

Wow, this clip is hilarious, thank you! :10
When was that? That guy is so cool. And that phallus drawing on the chart. :lolo:
Is it possible to watch that whole thing somewhere online?