• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Days of Our Lives Watching Days of Our Lives

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
All these forced goodbyes are actually making for some good drama. I hope Gabi comes back. I like her and Jake.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Saw this the other day and meant to post it here:

1598844403499.png

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
All these forced goodbyes are actually making for some good drama. I hope Gabi comes back. I like her and Jake.
I like the actors together but I also like Stefan. I was hoping he really was stefan and was a bit disappointed they went the unknown twin route.
I just finished Friday.
so that’s it for rafe and gabi? Well at least until they return but no indication how long they will be gone.
I presume when rafe returns hope and Ciara will be gone and hopes exit will be well it will be a don craig tommy horton exit? She goes to do something and goes poof?

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
so that’s it for rafe and gabi? Well at least until they return but no indication how long they will be gone.

Are they coming back?

I presume when rafe returns hope and Ciara will be gone and hopes exit will be well it will be a don craig tommy horton exit? She goes to do something and goes poof?

Hope's exit is going to suck unless they can create some sort of story out of her vanishing. Shawn could try to track her down and find out her disappearance is tied to the people Rafe and his dad are dealing with. Then they could write her off in an explosion or something with a look alike playing her from a distance.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes both rafe and gabi will be returning. I however do not want hope killed off. I’m hoping it will be explained she left with Ciara since she to is leaving. Hopefully Ciara explains it for us.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I will have to hunt for them. I saw them a couple of weeks ago and don’t remember which site.
Another return that has me intrigued is Evan (christian) how and why? Will and sonny will be gone so.... ????

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Big continuity error on Monday. BIG BIG BIG
Nicole’s hair styles was different when she and Sami almost threw down and when Nicole was talking with Eric. Now Nicole’s is eavesdropping on Sami and Marlena in the chapel and her hair is different. I presume it will revert.

Edit- yep it reverted.

I think the reason for these discreprancies is because these episodes were shot within the first big shutdown last year - I assume the scenes with the "old" hairstyles were shot before it and those scenes with different hairstyles after. It just goes to show how lazy they are.

I assume that we'll get the same thing in October when new episodes after the corona shutdown will be shown.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Isn't Joey in jail for "killing" Ava? It would be awesome if Joey came back to Salem too.

The only reason I'm not completely hating this return is that I love Tripp and this will give him some good story.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
While I enjoyed some of Will and Sonny's goodbyes and admittedly teared up when Sonny said goodbye to Victor and Will said goodbye to Marlena, I found their exit underwhelming. Still, I'm glad they got to leave together.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ava was the worst character ever aside from Chloe Lane
I found her a bit tedious when she returned in 2016, however, with trip returning this could be more interesting. It also sets up a return for Joey. I hope that girl jade he was seeing does not come back too.

Last edited:

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think the reason for these discreprancies is because these episodes were shot within the first big shutdown last year - I assume the scenes with the "old" hairstyles were shot before it and those scenes with different hairstyles after. It just goes to show how lazy they are.

I assume that we'll get the same thing in October when new episodes after the corona shutdown will be shown.
I figured as much. I think a event amount of the scenes now are what they started filming in 2020. We will have round 2 when the episodes they have started filming this week air.

Which reminds me, days has not been this close in turn around from filming to airing in how many years? Will they now keep it close or push it back out?

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
While I enjoyed some of Will and Sonny's goodbyes and admittedly teared up when Sonny said goodbye to Victor and Will said goodbye to Marlena, I found their exit underwhelming. Still, I'm glad they got to leave together.
I’m watching this week today. I don’t want them to go but they have been a bit blah since will got out of prison and the hot manny Evan left.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
@Jason73 it wasn’t much but

Oh good. I like having Gabi around to stir things up.

Which reminds me, days has not been this close in turn around from filming to airing in how many years? Will they now keep it close or push it back out?

They aren't back filming yet are they? I think I heard they have episodes filmed up to November?

I’m watching this week today. I don’t want them to go but they have been a bit blah since will got out of prison and the hot manny Evan left.

Yes, the writers have no clue what to write for Will and Sonny. It's a shame because I like Chandler a lot and he can definitely carry big story.

I finished the week last night. The last three days of the week with the focus shifted away from Ben and Ciara and onto Belle, Shawn, Sami, Eric, Nicole, and Brady were great.

I thought the new Claire was Alley at first. I forgot about the Claire recast.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I still have Friday's to watch but I've mostly enjoyed this week because the Ben/Ciara stuff didn't take over the show. Ciara's exit was pretty much what I wanted -- a definitive exit so everyone can move on.

I forgot how much I like Tripp. It's good to have him back. I'm looking forward to JJ's return too.

I know a lot of people don't like Marci Miller, but I enjoy her version of Abby--she's a bit more uptight and buttoned up and low key and I like it. Billy Flynn has great chemistry with both of them, but then Billy seems so charming and easy going that I think he would have chemistry with everyone.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They aren't back filming yet are they? I think I heard they have episodes filmed up to November?

They returned to filming about a week ago. The new schedule is to tape five episodes per week instead of the 7 they usually do.

They have episodes until circa mid-October in the can. So this is pretty much the closests they've gotten between tape/airing date in well 20 years or so.