Days of Our Lives Watching Days of Our Lives

Jason73

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Medals
Oh wow, I had no idea Cady was starting as Jennifer this week. What a nice surprise at the end of today’s episode.

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Medals
Well to be fair, Days got us used to announcements like:

"XYZ Actor has been hired, and is taping currently. His first episode is expected to air in early 2022."

Jason73

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Medals
"XYZ Actor has been hired, and is taping currently. His first episode is expected to air in early 2022."

:D

The funny thing is, they didn't do an announcement at all. All of a sudden, Jack, who wasn't in any of the prior scenes for that episode is in the second to last scene talking to some blonde woman and it took me a second to figure out that it was Cady and that it was Jennifer. I don't even think he called her Jennifer during the scene, so people who have no idea about the casting change are probably wondering what Dixie or Rosanna is doing in Salem.

Jason73

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Medals
I remember Ron saying in Soap Opera Digest that they were off track with their episodes because some summer sporting event that would have preempted Days didn't happen. So to get back on track they inserted an "event" to fill up a week or two to get the scripts back on track. Yesterday appears to have been the beginning of the "event" which is a blackout and prison break--with Orpheus and Rolf and Clyde all escaping to wreak havoc on Salem . . . again.

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Medals
It could have been Wimbledon, which was always a week (or more) of pre-emptions of all NBC soaps in late-June/early-July. The original plan might have been to pre-empt for the whole two weeks. Then there is (was) the Summer Olympics, but those events typically get divided up among all the NBC/Universal networks.

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Medals
It could have been Wimbledon, which was always a week (or more) of pre-emptions of all NBC soaps in late-June/early-July. The original plan might have been to pre-empt for the whole two weeks. Then there is (was) the Summer Olympics, but those events typically get divided up among all the NBC/Universal networks.

Yup. They wrote eight episodes that will fill out the original pre-emptations to get it back on track for holiday episodes and such.

Jason73

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Medals
I LOVE having JJ back. I wish he was staying.

I also enjoyed Jennifer and Kate's confrontation. Cady and Lauren would make formidable enemies. Cady just has so much more backbone than Melissa. I wish she was staying.

Also very excited to see Mr. Shin in Salem. I wish he was staying.

1605926416235.png