Days of Our Lives Watching Days of Our Lives

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
I've thoroughly enjoyed all the double wedding stuff. It's nice to see they coughed up the money to include everyone who should have been at the wedding. I can't remember the last time that much of the cast has been in one episode.

I was predicting (maybe hoping) that Sami was going to show up at the wedding and announce that Will was still alive, but I guess it's pretty clear the wedding interrupter is Ben.

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Sami's usually the one getting interrupted at the wedding, not the interrupter. Still, it would be a nod to continuity if she stood up to announce Will's not-quite-dead status, only to have someone interrupt mid-sentence to urge Sami to put a sock in it.

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
Vivian's return has been... amusing. I am hoping this "Stefano" won't end up being his son though.

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
Wow, it's almost been a year since anyone has posted in this thread.

I did not mind Marci Miller's take on Abby, but it sure is great to have Kate Mansi back. She gives the character way more spark than Miller did. I wish she was staying longer. However long she's going to be around, it isn't long enough. I love Abby and Julie teaming up and I love Julie's never-ending disdain for Gabi. Pretty much everybody Julie knows has killed or almost killed someone, but the only grudge Julie holds is against Gabi for killing scummy Nick.

I was never much of a Greg Rikkart/Kevin fan on Y&R, but he is fantastic on Days. Right now he is my favorite thing on the show.

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
It's been renewed through the 2019-2020 season, so it'll now last until September next year at least.

I did, again, see the New Years episode, which Ron C seem to be making a staple for returning vixens. Eve of course was incredibly camp and then Jack showed up. Again. With Amnesia.

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
I never thought I'd live to see the Day that "gay for pay" was a topic of conversation on Days.
It's good that NBC cares so little at this point that they don't even bother cutting that kind of stuff out.

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
https://soapdirt.com/days-of-our-li...with-an-agenda-judith-chapman-debut-revealed/

This is such a mess on so many levels. Judith Chapman is returning to Days as a character named Diana and the rumors are that she's playing Diana Colville, Genie Francis' character from the 80's. First of all I love Chapman and I love that she will be playing Leo's mom. Leo has become my favorite Days character at the moment and we know from their time playing mother and son on Y&R that they will be a fun pair--especially since Kevin is able to be way more campy on Days. I can even overlook the fact that Chapman has already been on Days as Anjelica Devereaux.

But . . . having her being Diana Colville is ridiculous. I liked the Diana character and I liked Genie in the role. Francis and Chapman are nothing alike. Also Diana as played by Genie was a good guy and not campy. There's just no way the character would have evolved into Judith Chapman. (But why I am expecting logic from Days?)

Also, having Leo be John's long lost son, so that John has two long lost sons who both happen to be gay -- silly. But . . . if Genie Francis were returning as Diana to reveal that Leo was John's son I'd deal with that repetition. I just don't want Chapman to be Diana Colville.

I heard Genie is off contract again on GH. Too bad Days couldn't have lured her over.

I'll enjoy watching Chapman with Leo. I just don't want her to be playing Genie's character.

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
I've made the mistake to dip into the show again and man, this Kristen-in-a-Nicole-mask is just dragging on and on, isn't it? :lol:

The show is so bad but at the same time I know changing headwriters won't change a thing except maybe give the show a temporary boost for a few weeks because of all the behind the scenes issues.

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
Like baby oil glistening on naked skin... so are The Days of Gratiously Parading Brady Around Half Naked Around A Disguised Kristen Lives... :lol:

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
I haven't watched in months. Every time I try, I find myself bored with the episode. I was annoyed with how in their determination to redeem Ben they decided it was ok to trash the character of Claire.

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
Finally Gaby ripped "Nicole's" mask off. Who wants to bet that she'll be thrown in a dungeon for the next 10 weeks now?

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Ron C did a great plot arc involving masked characters on GH many years ago. I guess he thought lightning could strike twice. It rarely works.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
I don't know--as great a villain as Kristen always was, I can't see her hiding behind a mask. But I haven't watched since Caroline's wake.

rlr718

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Medals
This time jump has breathed new life into days. I so far am thoroughly enjoying it. I was excited last week and at the end of Friday I couldn’t wait to see what happened Monday and who was where with who and what happened to get there.

there were a lot of surprises. I have to finish this weeks episodes and go back because the nbc app skipped Tuesday and went to Wednesday. I am guessing it had its own time jump lol

thoughts from anyone?