Days of Our Lives Watching Days of Our Lives

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
This time jump has breathed new life into days. I so far am thoroughly enjoying it. I was excited last week and at the end of Friday I couldn’t wait to see what happened Monday and who was where with who and what happened to get there.

there were a lot of surprises. I have to finish this weeks episodes and go back because the nbc app skipped Tuesday and went to Wednesday. I am guessing it had its own time jump lol

thoughts from anyone?

I found Days extremely watchable last week, which is something I haven't felt in a while about Days. I love all the mystery surrounding where the characters are after the time jump. Even though some of it is a bit silly (of course, its Days) things are intriguing in a way they haven't been in a long time. The best part of the time jump for me so far is mixing JJ and Kristin and Brady in a storyline together. What I don't like is the show killing off Adrienne but I highly doubt she is actually dead. My guess is that it was actually Bonnie that was killed. I'm very curious what Will had to do with her death.

@rlr718 What post time jump plots are you liking the best?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm curious about the changes, mostly because I got a big taste of how Ron Carlivati operates when he was at OLTL and GH. I just can't wrap my mind around the idea that all this was taped 6-8 months ago and nobody managed to leak the twist.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I knew they taped way ahead but I was shocked when I read they had taped episodes all the way through next summer.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Kayla / Justin scenes are so so bad. :lol:

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I found Days extremely watchable last week, which is something I haven't felt in a while about Days. I love all the mystery surrounding where the characters are after the time jump. Even though some of it is a bit silly (of course, its Days) things are intriguing in a way they haven't been in a long time. The best part of the time jump for me so far is mixing JJ and Kristin and Brady in a storyline together. What I don't like is the show killing off Adrienne but I highly doubt she is actually dead. My guess is that it was actually Bonnie that was killed. I'm very curious what Will had to do with her death.

@rlr718 What post time jump plots are you liking the best?

The catching up with everyone has been great. I get excited when there is a flashback. And dammit what happened to Adrienne!!! I told a friend of mine I thought Bonnie had to be the one killed.

I am also dying to know how stefano will return. Well he has already but how are they doing this?

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm curious about the changes, mostly because I got a big taste of how Ron Carlivati operates when he was at OLTL and GH. I just can't wrap my mind around the idea that all this was taped 6-8 months ago and nobody managed to leak the twist.

I think non disclosure prevents them from squealing and this is how movies are done also. Filmedway in advance then post production before release.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I knew they taped way ahead but I was shocked when I read they had taped episodes all the way through next summer.

Apparently they moved way out in advance. A few years back I think it was 5 months ahead of airing but 8 months is insane. Prime time isn’t even that far in advance.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I haven’t seen today’s (Wednesday) yet but the end of Tuesday was
Also I got very happy when I saw Clyde and Hattie.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I haven’t seen today’s (Wednesday) yet but the end of Tuesday was
Also I got very happy when I saw Clyde and Hattie.

Just watched Wednesday, Sarah is hysterical with Mickey missing. Xander trying to comfort her. I like them together. Eve begging Abigail for help. Sonny and chad BFFness is gold. “Stefano” (these are actually sarcastic air quotes) is looking trim from his walk in front of the camera. A burning question for me was who is now the police commissioner since Eli stepped down, this has been answered. Clyde and will had a very intense confrontation.

I await today’s episode to be available on the nbc app,usually after 8pm est.

Anyone else watch Wednesday?

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I do like how Kristian Alfonso is clearly selling it as Gina. Yes, it's a horrible storyline but it's the most passion I've seen from her in years.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I do like how Kristian Alfonso is clearly selling it as Gina. Yes, it's a horrible storyline but it's the most passion I've seen from her in years.

I’m still intrigued how everything will turn out. Gina is getting annoying. I am loving stevano. Stephen Nichols is playing it well and I think it’s about to get more interesting.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I do think it's funny how Kristian Alfonso is doing... some sort of European-ish accent. At least she's having more fun than playing Hope. :lol:

Weirdly enough, the brightest part of this time jump is still the Lani / Kristen friendship. Both characters clearly had something that the other needed - Lani needed some edge and stop being such a doormat, while Kristen needed to get down on Planet Earth again. I'm surprised at how well it works.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
After several weeks of the “gope” and “steveno” I am ready for this to end. And thankfully it seems it will as of the end of yesterday’s episode. We can move on. I’d like to see the fallout from the baby switch.

it does suck because sarah and Xander have finally gotten together! Alas they will only be ripped apart now.

They should have kept summer around instead of using her as a plot device to send Maggie flying off the wagon and wreaking havoc.

Shawn definitely needs to stick around. Salem pd needs a competent cop in its midst since the only cops essentially now are, well, rafe and he can be iffy.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's a shame that all soap cops (not just Salem's) have to be morons. If they were competent, they would solve all the crimes and mysteries too soon and there would be no suspense. So instead we get cops who would not be trusted to be security guards at the mall. :re: