General Hospital Watching General Hospital

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Covid-19 has been an unlikely blessing for Lisa LoCicero. Prior to the shutdown, Olivia had been pushed so far to the back burner that she was in danger of falling off the stove. But now she's involved in two big stories and the potential seems to be brewing for a third (troubles in the Ned/Olivia marriage, with possible adultery). I've always thought LoCicero has a certain "it factor" that was not living up to its potential, but someone on the writing staff seems to have re-discovered Olivia.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, her sole purpose had become letting people know that LuLu and Dustin are fornicators

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And I know it's wrong, but I would love to see Olivia have an affair with Robert. Why? Because I read that LiLo has had a crush on "Robert Scorpio" (not necessarily Tristan Rogers) since she was a teenaged fan of the show in its heyday. She's made no bones about wanting Olivia to have a storyline with Robert, and part of me loves the idea of her getting the chance to fulfill a life-long dream! Go for it, girl!

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have no way of knowing this, but I think Holly is still alive somewhere out there,perhaps Emma Samms pre-taped some scenes earlier this year

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It looked to me as if they were going to have ES come back for a brief stint to help expose Peter right as the pandemic hit, and if ES were not still struggling to recover, they would have brought her back. I'm part of that torch-and-pitchfork crowd demanding they get rid of the Peter character, so I'm a little anxious for them to bring her back....enough so that I would have accepted a recast for a brief "Hey, she's alive after all!" day or two. But they seem to have their hearts set on having ES back, so we are stuck with Peter for the time being (though I give them credit for keeping him way, way on the back burner). Show seems to have recognized that the way they shoe-horned him into the show was too...pushy? and thought that if they just stopped trying so hard to "make him happen" that people would slowly accept him. But Covid interrupted that, too, and now he looks even more expendable as we have two new-ish villains (Valentin and Cyrus) who are more believable and acceptable to the audience. It sounds cruel, but I hope Maxie miscarries that baby as part of his exit story, because it is even crueler to repeat the story of her being left to raise a baby as a young widow.

But about Emma Samms: none of that 1980s group (Robert, Anna, Mac, Holly, Luke, Laura, etc.) ever dies for real, so it's pretty good odds that she's out there. Until those actors die IRL I think the show will keep their characters alive, if for no other reason than nostalgia.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I napped during today's episode, so I can't speak to anything that happened

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My primary concern during the hiatus was Wiley's custody, since that has been resolved for the moment

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
With Monica left with so much more time on her hands, she will be able to expand the daycare center. Maybe Liz can pick up a couple of shifts, changing diapers.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I am finally caught up with the current episodes after sleeping through two of the recent ones. So Kristina, doesn't get to say goodbye to her grandfather....I guess they are ignoring Sonny's biological daughter, in order for Joslyn, to remind us that Oscar was taken much too soon

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The synopsis of Friday's episode only summarized plot, so I have to ask a technical question: did the 'security camera footage' of alive-and-captive Holly look like something Emma Samms filmed from her home, or did it look like the actress actually went to LA and filmed it? 'Cause last I heard she was in the UK having a tough time recovering from her bout with Covid. I assumed she would not be making an appearance until November Sweeps, if at all. It would make better sense for them to have her film something at her home to 'tide us over' until she's back in healthy shape and able to travel.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Took got them long enough rrinf find toa suitable 2 nd for Mike to pas away

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Glad to see Holly today no matter how minimal

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The synopsis of Friday's episode only summarized plot, so I have to ask a technical question: did the 'security camera footage' of alive-and-captive Holly look like something Emma Samms filmed from her home, or did it look like the actress actually went to LA and filmed it? 'Cause last I heard she was in the UK having a tough time recovering from her bout with Covid. I assumed she would not be making an appearance until November Sweeps, if at all. It would make better sense for them to have her film something at her home to 'tide us over' until she's back in healthy shape and able to travel.

It looked like studio footage, and appeared briefly at the end of the episode, I assumed perhaps she caught the virus on her trip over here to film a scene that could be used at a later time, but I thought she talked in that interview on the Dynasty forum like she had a job waiting for her in LA after she was more fully recovered

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Nelle' been found dead, or perhaps just wearing a mask having been Brando's offscreen lover while Molly is busy with law school and being a terrible girlfriend

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My month-long cable woes were settled just in time to see Thursday's episode, and once again I have to chuckle at how soap characters just blindly accept someone's word that a character is dead. With a few exceptions everyone involved in the story has been presumed dead at some point, yet no one demands to see the body or ask for DNA sampling to be done (if the body is unrecognizable). If I were in Carly's place (or Michael's, or even Chase's) I would be standing in the morgue, holding a mirror under her nose to make sure she isn't breathing. When villainous David Stenbeck on As the World Turns finally died after having faked his death several times, Julia Lindsey showed up to the open-casket funeral and pumped several bullets into the corpse just to make sure.

In other news, we now know who Kim Delaney will be playing. She will be a recast of the character of Jackie Templeton, originally played by Demi Moore. It looks like they wanted to do a story involving Robert and all his old flames, and since Emma Samms/Holly isn't available, they're digging even further back in the script closet.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If you steal an engagement ring in soap land, you are pretty much guaranteed a fiery death!

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Much of the show was pre-empted this week for baseball

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought Dante was supposed to return under the radar, but his first destination is the Chapel, and then his old house, apparently WSB training isn't what it used to be?