The Young and the Restless Watching The Young and the Restless

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I really can’t buy Sharon and Rey as a couple. I wish Sharon and Nick would finally reunite but it just doesn’t seem to ever be in the cards for them. And Nick and Phyllis have never been a favorite of mine either

Monzo

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
So far I'm enjoying Dana Sparks' Dr Cabot, maybe there could be sparks flying with Jack.

Monzo

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Don Diamont's "return" was pretty lame. If they needed someone to cross over for a visit they should have picked Eric and Quinn. There could have been fun tension between Lauren and Quinn... Bill's little hints of Brad's past were not as good as expected, also that Sally clash didn't do anything.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was also very excited for Don Diamont’s return to Y&R but it did seem to fall a little flat, at least so far. I know he’s playing a different character but there’s a lot they can do here if they so choose. I’d love to see some scenes with Jack and Victor and even Nikki. They can even tie Ashley and Tracey into it. There’s a lot of history between all the actors to dive into. I’d take a little nostalgia right now over most of the bland storylines they’re currently doing.

Daniel Avery

Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Care Bears Get Shaved For Surgery
It was an odd storytelling choice they made. The choice to bring in Don D for a crossover would likely never have been made if not for Don's past role on Y&R. I mean, that was the 'hook', right? Get people to tune in to see what happens when Brad's doppelganger is spotted in GC. In interviews with Don D, he seems dismissive of the idea that people will tune in to see Brad-related fireworks, but perhaps he was only playing down that aspect because he'd already filmed it and knew what was in the scenes (and what was NOT).

I figured as long as they were bringing him in briefly, they must have had some quasi-clever in-jokes to deliver even if they were not going to address Bill's resemblance to Brad directly. But from what I read, it was just Bill dropping in to rattle Sally and have some mild banter with Lauren. In the hands of a clever writer like Ron Carlivati this could have been a stunt to remember, but this was sort of flat...unless there is some other aspect of the visit that they have yet to reveal.