• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

We're back!

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
financial issues.

You already cut our champagne budget by half. You totally cancelled the caviar deliveries for the break room, and now you're saying we're going to have to fly commercial???

I can't continue to work in these conditions.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I'll just say it then. Whoever voted 'no' in the latest poll, feel free to go somewhere where YOU will be missed. :re:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Some people just like being contrary...I thought it was kind of amusing, actually. I was reminded of a line from Married with Children:

Peggy (back from visiting her mother): "Did you miss me?"
Al: "With every bullet so far..."

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was also worried that Soapchat had disappeared for good, or that it was my internet security setting that would allow me to find the site, but luckily Soapchat is back.:)

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was also worried that Soapchat had disappeared for good, or that it was my internet security setting that would allow me to find the site, but luckily Soapchat is back.:)
I did wonder whether it was my internet that wasn't connecting Soapchat so I tried different browsers on both my desktop and phone I even tried connecting using the free wifi at the shopping mall in case it was my internet service provider that was blocking me.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Some people just like being contrary...I thought it was kind of amusing, actually. I was reminded of a line from Married with Children:

Peggy (back from visiting her mother): "Did you miss me?"
Al: "With every bullet so far..."
Or maybe some people didn't miss the site because they only connect occasionally. Although there are many of us that visit and post most days, there are others who only come on here occasionally so wouldn't necessarily miss the site if it was down for a few days.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Is this taken care of now Ome? Thanks for getting us back online and if you need help with donations for the site I would be happy to help out.

Great idea, why not doing a paypal account for soapchat and post it on the main page?
So there would be no obligation, but whenever someone feels to help, he/she could throw in a few bucks. ;)

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Is this taken care of now Ome

Great idea, why not doing a paypal account for soapchat and post it on the main page?

The recent arrears have been taken care of, however, we can't continue to rely on one person, so we're looking at setting up the donation button and hoping that where possible, members will be able to donate some cash to help run the site. We are also looking at spreading the caretaking of monies with 3 or 4 moderators, so the recent downtime won't happen again.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I did wonder whether it was my internet that wasn't connecting Soapchat so I tried different browsers on both my desktop and phone I even tried connecting using the free wifi at the shopping mall in case it was my internet service provider that was blocking me.

I was also trying my phone and other internet browsers but nothing worked, but at least it's back. :)