What did you like the most about the New Dallas?

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Medals
i liked season 1 i thought it had promise, than lost track of season 2 or rather what the hell was going on and never got a chance to finish it. turns with a cliff-hanger it's prolly best i stayed away from it. though they should have done a huge finale so that could be resolved but than what the hell do i know?

Reactions: Ome

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
That it was actually back on the air again. It seemed like a dream come true... :)

I loved seeing the original characters the most, JR, Sue Ellen & Bobby. Guest appearances by Lucy, Ray, Afton and Cliff.
I also really loved John Ross, Christopher and PamBecca and well I liked Elena most of the time. Ann was ok too but a far cry from Pam.

Season one was great, except for the PamBecca hoax. Anyway I have rewatched that season the most. Probably because it still had JR.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
Reaction score
What I liked about it was that it got my into wanting to watch the original series, something I never thought I would do.

The actors on the reboot were good, and especially good looking, too. Having not seen the original, and knowing absolutely nothing about it, I wasn't disappointed in the reboot like some seem to have been. I really liked the fast-paced storytelling, although I would have liked it if they had kept Gary and Valene around longer than they did. Gary did what three episodes, and Valene only did one, and then they were just gone. Poof! That, I didn't like.

The biggest disappointment for me was the unresolved cliffhanger. I was still very hooked on the show, and when I saw Christopher's car blow up in that last episode, I was like, oh, please let this keep going. They should have kept it at least one more season, so everything could have ended on a good note.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
Reaction score
or a tv film to finish it up
Yes, I would even settle for that.
Seeing Larry Hagman play JR Ewing one last time. For years I never thought I'd see it. There were other things I liked but Mr. Hagman's part was my favorite.
You see, having not seen the original series before watching the reboot, the death of J.R. didn't have a big affect on me. Having watched the first eight seasons of the original now, I have come to this conclusion: the old Dallas could not do without J.R., but the new Dallas could have. The reboot was definitely bringing the next generation of the Ewing clan to the front, each character fulfilling a role previously held by a character on the original. John Ross was J.R., and Christopher was Bobby. In my opinion, I think they would have gradually phased out the older characters, even if Larry Hagman hadn't died. Obviously, the show was aimed towards younger audiences, and the older people would have eventually been written out anyway. I would still have watched it, though!

ClassyCo

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
Reaction score

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Medals
i wish i knew why he loved them. they were long during the original show but they looked better. and i agree i think the show could have been on a little longer but what can i say we all knew the show would not have lasted very long in either case cause the original show went on for so long because of JR. yes it had other characters as well but he's no doubt the one that made the show. did you know that Larry hagman directed some movies? here's one for you to watch (1972) Beware the blob' he's got a cameo in it as a bum and he's got a beard in it too. it's simply awful and unwatchable but if you choose to watch it drink as much as you can you will enjoy it better. i'm sure i'ts on you tube

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Medals
The shirtless bodies of Jesse Metcalfe and Josh Henderson.

Barbara Fan

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
What did I like most?

It ended and CC could do no more damage to a show I have loved since I was a young girl
She has a lot to answer for and she sucked as a producer of an iconic 80s show that she knew nothing about
It could have been so good, but it wasn't, it was pretty awful in parts

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
Seeing Larry back as JR one last time, watching Sue Ellen battle with alcohol again after his death, having Pam finally laid to rest, JR's memorial, and the kitchen argument between Sue Ellen and John Ross. I also thought Harris was a great villain in season 1, Pamela Rebecca and John Ross were well cast, and Cliff's snarky side in season 1 was true to form, unlike the monster Cidre turned him into in season 2.

Other than that, the rest of the show pretty much sucked for me.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
It's really hard to think of anything positive to say about New Dallas. I too liked that the show was cancelled. Sadly, my memory of Dallas is now so badly tarnished, I haven't watch a single episode of the original series since New Dallas ended. Thankfully, I still have fond memories of Falcon Crest.

Tatianna

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
What did I like most?

It ended and CC could do no more damage to a show I have loved since I was a young girl
She has a lot to answer for and she sucked as a producer of an iconic 80s show that she knew nothing about
It could have been so good, but it wasn't, it was pretty awful in parts

That sums up my opinion as well. For me, it was a mercy killing when it was cancelled. :frustration:

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
You seriously can't find anything good to say about the show more than it was cancelled?

That's really sad. But in a way I understand you, as season three left a lot to be desired and I remember I was pretty pissed about the whole "Which Ewing Will Die" fiasco right at the end!

Enough about that as this thread is meant to be positive.

I think Josh was perfectly cast as John Ross. I loved all the father-son moments with him and JR. Especially the going to the cowboys game and the shaving scene.