What if Adam succeeded in killing Jeff?

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just now thought of this. What if Adam's whole "poison paint" thing had worked, and Jeff wound up dying? I mean... would that been such a bad thing? Fallon certainly didn't need Jeff, she was interesting on her own. Not even any of the other characters really needed Jeff around. Sure, Blake wound up loving Jeff more than his own sons, but perhaps it would have been a good thing for Jeff to be gone by Season 3; it'd force Blake to bond with Adam and Steven.

As for Alexis, she was going to become Empress of Denver anyway, so she wouldn't have needed Jeff to be around to help her run things. Even Adam didn't really need Jeff (although I did like their rivalry) since it would just mean he'd have more fights with Steven and Fallon.

Heck, Jeff's death could have even benefited Kirby of all characters: she'd no longer be mooning over him, and she'd get to start a passionate-yet-twisted romance with Bad Boy Adam! :lol: Perhaps she discovers that it was Adam who poisoned Jeff, but she helps cover his tracks.

Even future characters like Amanda could have benefited, because once the other Colbys showed up, we could have gotten a Fallon/Miles/Amanda love-triangle!

The only downside I can see if not getting the whole "Jeff is Jason's son" thing, which resulted in so many delicious "Vindictive Sable" moments. :D

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Never considered this option for Jeff before, Fallon really didn't need him anymore, and perhaps even the Colby spin off would have started out differently or even earlier.

You could still have the paternity issue, Fallon finds out somehow that Jason was Jeff's father and would go to court to protect LB's interests, this would give Fallon more to do in the middle years of the show.

However do I really want Adam to kill Jeff? Not really, the paint storyline was stupid, Adam could accidentally cause Jeff's death in which he would feel some remorse, Blake finds out but believes Adam is truly sorry for his role, however Steven and Fallon refuse to believe this of course, even Alexis has her doubts before she decides that having Adam back is more important.

I don't want Adam to be outright evil that he'd commit murder willingly, I liked his complicated good vs evil but good still wins nature.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
However do I really want Adam to kill Jeff? Not really, the paint storyline was stupid, Adam could accidentally cause Jeff's death in which he would feel some remorse, Blake finds out but believes Adam is truly sorry for his role, however Steven and Fallon refuse to believe this of course, even Alexis has her doubts before she decides that having Adam back is more important.

I don't want Adam to be outright evil that he'd commit murder willingly, I liked his complicated good vs evil but good still wins nature.

Right. Otherwise Adam would have to be arrested and hauled off, and I want him to stick around. So if he *were* to kill Jeff, it'd be by accident. Maybe he even tries to save Jeff's life once he realizes he's gone too far, but its too late. Course I wouldn't have anybody find out Adam was responsible... at least not for a few seasons. ^^

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just now thought of this. What if Adam's whole "poison paint" thing had worked, and Jeff wound up dying? I mean... would that been such a bad thing?

The show would have at least three more seasons than it did!

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Colby's wouldn't have been a thing and wrecked the beautiful storytelling that was Dynasty, causing it to crash in the ratings!

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Colby's wouldn't have been a thing and wrecked the beautiful storytelling that was Dynasty, causing it to crash in the ratings!

What really wrecked DYNASTY was Joan Collins not showing up for work for the first episode. Esther Shapiro said that this really derailed the show's well-oiled narrative machine and took away the splendor that would have been Moldynasty. But do think: No COLBYS means no Frankie!

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What really wrecked DYNASTY was Joan Collins not showing up for work for the first episode. Esther Shapiro said that this really derailed the show's well-oiled narrative machine and took away the splendor that would have been Moldynasty. But do think: No COLBYS means no Frankie!

Joan refused to show up to work because she could sense FRANKIE. It all makes sense! All hail Joan, the incredible psychic and non-destroyer of Dynasty....

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Can you imagine Alexis in a scene with Frankie. It would be another realm of passive aggressive. I don't think Alexis would even speak directly to her. She'd filter the conversation through other characters as if Frankie was some kind of lesser being. Staring at her wide eyed and amazed. Frankie struggling to hold her own while Joan silently devours the scenery. I just can not imagine Katharine Ross face off against Joan Collins. It would be even worse than Joan Collins vs Ali MacGraw.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What if Adam succeeded in killing Jeff?

He would be a killer. Like his father, brother, mother and sister. *
What a lovely family.

* Ted Dinard, Matthew Blaisdel, Krystle's baby, Roger Grimes

Last edited:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have never realized that Adam is one of the rare Carringtons who is not a killer ! :lol: How ironical !

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes but I can't picture Amanda killing anyone... even though she caused Luke and Ashley's deaths by marrying Michael. She is not that innocent !

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have never realized that Adam is one of the rare Carringtons who is not a killer ! :lol: How ironical !

The Carringtons are killers. And it's worst with nu Dynasty
Blake killed Mack
Alexis killed Mark Jennings and Cristal's baby
Fallon (accidentally) killed Trixie
Adam killed his adoptive mum (and almost killed Jeff)
Cristal tried to murder Alexis (blowing her car)