What popular television show have you never watched?

What have you never watched?

• Total voters

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
There are a number of tv shows out there, many which have ran for decades and some which, although relatively new, have a huge following. I have a very specific taste and don't run with the crowd on most things - so I haven't watched many of the huge tv shows out there, which surprises many of my friends.

What big or well known tv shows have you never watched? Maybe you started watching and gave up? Maybe it just didn't interest you? I've made a list below, but feel free to suggest your own!

:spinning::bubble::popcorn:

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The funny thing for me is when people insist "oh, you'll love that"--usually uttered by people who haven't got a clue what I like. Or the generalizations people make about genre: if you liked X which is a soap opera, you must have also loved Y which is a soap opera.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Of the options, I've never seen more than 10 minutes of Breaking Bad, Buffy, Star Trek, Dr Who and I Love Lucy.

There are several more popular series I've never seen, or only seen a few minutes of. The Walking Dead, Downton Abbey, The Wire, Treme, The Crown, The Shield etc etc.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
From the list, I've never watched a moment of Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad or I Love Lucy, with a further eight series that I've only seen in passing.

The Walking Dead, Downton Abbey, The Wire, Treme, The Crown, The Shield

I've never seen any of these either.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
From the list my choices were Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and The Big Bang Theory. I actually sampled Breaking bad and did not care for it, and the same is true of The Big Bang Theory. Sitcoms are the most difficult for me to get into: very rarely do they match my sense of humour. I am also unlikely to watch series with stand-alone episodes or procedurals, so I never sampled CSI, Law & Order, and their many permutations and clones.
The only show I think I would like (because I loved the book and film) is Friday Night Lights, but somehow I never added it to my schedule. And there are some shows I regret giving them a whole season--more recently, the abysmal Westworld.

Ollie james

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ive only watched five of the shows on that list i have alot of catching up to do :embarrassed:

K

Karin Schill

Out of the shows listed I have never watched: Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Seinfeld, Doctor Who, MASH, The Sopranos and The Big Bang Theory.
I guess this just goes to prove that I am not very big on modern shows. :lol:

Moreover I have only watched an episode or two of: The Simpsons, The X-files, I love Lucy and Star Trek.

But I am a fan of Dallas, Dynasty and Buffy. So I have watched those shows several times. I am not really a fan of Friends but I love it and have watched it several times too and visited some of the filming locations. So it's among my top ten favorite shows. :)

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As a teen and early in college I always "had something to watch" (at least one or two shows) every night of the week. Nowadays I could count my "appointment TV" programs for the week on one hand and have fingers left over.

I did get to see one episode of Game of Thrones while on a business trip--the hotel had HBO. They must buy their fake blood in 55-gallon drums. Of course it made no sense because you can't just 'drop in' a show like that.

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The only two I've never seen an episode of is Breaking Bad and Buffy. I did see the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie with Kristy Swanson and Luke Perry. I have nothing against either of these shows but never found the time to watch, yet.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I sometimes think I'm the only person in the world never to have watched a single episode of Friends. I've also never watched Buffy, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Big Bang Theory and Game of Thrones.

Other popular shows I've never seen include Inspector Morse, Hollyoaks, Prime Suspect, Dad's Army, Sex and The City and every Star Trek other than the original series.

Milescolby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Also never seen Peaky Blinders. I got to episode 4 of Game of Thrones S1 and gave up. I had thought it would be right up my street, but sadly not. And I feel no great loss.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have never watched these tv-shows

01. Game of Thrones (I wish i did watch "Games Of Thrones", looks like a good tv-show to watch only once)
03. Seinfeld (This TV series has never appealed to me)
04. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (like Seinfeld, it never appealed to me)
05. Star Trek (I don't know why, but i'm more a fan of Star Wars)
The Soprano's
07. The Big Bang Theory

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
From the list

SEINFELD
MASH
THE BIG BANG THEORY
I LOVE LUCY.

Other popular shows I haven't watched

MAD MEN
INSPECTOR MORSE
SEX AND THE CITY
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES (I've seen clips and it never appealed)
DAWSON'S CREEK
WESTWORLD

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Of the options, I've never seen more than 10 minutes of Breaking Bad

Watched it, loved it, it's really great. Maybe not best-series-of-all-time-great, but great.

Watched it, loved it. So funny, so clever.

Star Trek

I calculated a few years ago that I had just enough time before I died to watch the whole thing -- the original, all the spin-offs, the movies, the cartoons, everything. So I started with the original series, enjoyed it, but got bored halfway through and gave up on the whole idea. I've enjoyed the movies I've seen, though, and got quite into The Next Generation when I was stuck in a hotel in Leicester for a month one Christmas with nothing much else to do.

Watched it, loved it - except for in the 80s and the 2018s.

I Love Lucy

I sort of feel as if I've seen it, but I don't think I actually have.

The Walking Dead

I'm watching it now, a few seasons behind, and I love it. I keep waiting for it to be a bit crap, but it hasn't been so far.

Downton Abbey

Never seen it.

Watched it, loved it, forgotten it.

Watched some of it, liked it but it was a bit of a struggle at times. I felt like I failed it, rather than the other way round.

The Crown

Didn't watch it for ages, never expected it to like it, but, oh my days, I totally, totally loved it. Binge watched it, which I never do with anything.

The Shield

Watched it, loved it.

I've never watched a moment of Game Of Thrones

Watch it, really enjoy it, couldn't tell you who anyone is or what the hell's going on, but it's still really good.

I've never seen CSI

No, nor me.

Good old 24! It was kind of an impossible show to pull off, but I really enjoyed watching them try season after season, especially when Greg Sumner was the President.

West Wing (I think I should have watched West Wing)

Me too, but I feel like it's way too late now.

The Big Bang Theory

Never seen it, but I remember being very pleased Darlene's boyfriend from Roseanne had a hit show. He deserved it.

Law & Order

I saw one, it had people from OZ in it, but they were being very well-behaved instead of totally mental and violent, so it was a bit frustrating.

The only show I think I would like (because I loved the book and film) is Friday Night Lights

Watched it, loved it.

And there are some shows I regret giving them a whole season--more recently, the abysmal Westworld.

Never seen it, it just sort of passed me by.

I've watched some of it, but can't really remember it. The film was great though.

The Sopranos

Watched it. Loved it. Brilliant.

Moreover I have only watched an episode or two of: The Simpsons

Haven't seen it for years, but it was great.

The X-files

Watched it, loved it. It was the first show I got properly obsessed by after the demise of the '80s soaps (and Twin Peaks).

sometimes think I'm the only person in the world never to have watched a single episode of Friends.

Watched it, not sure I ever loved it, but I was really sort of fond of it. It sort of feels like the last show it was impossible NOT to watch -- only not for you, obviously!

Other popular shows I've never seen include Inspector Morse

I remember I saw one episode and really liked it. Not sure why I never watched another.

Hollyoaks

No, never seen a whole one. I've been tempted, like when Sue Ellen and Kathy Beale were on, but it feels too late to dive in now.

Prime Suspect

Watched it, loved it. The first series was perfect.

Dad's Army

Watched it, back in the day. It was fun.

Sex and The City

Watched it, really liked it when it was about the men. Kind of hated it by the end.

never seen Peaky Blinders.

Tried to watch the first ep, but couldn't cope with the rubbish Birmingham accents.

Seinfeld (This TV series has never appealed to me)

Watched it, loved it.

DAWSON'S CREEK

When it was good, it was great. When it wasn't ... it really wasn't.

Last edited: