What titles are in your Netflix/Amazon etc list?

Ome

Admin
Reaction score
I have had Lucifer on my list forever
A couple of friends raved about this show and we started to watch it but struggled to pick it up. We couldn't get into the humour and it felt really stupid. That said, our friends said to keep with it. We have so many other shows to watch that I would like to give it another go, it's just knowing when.

I also believe it can depend on a particular mood when watching something, so it's not so much about thinking a show is 'no good', but more about thinking 'maybe another time'

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
I have had Lucifer on my list forever, but I keep getting sidetracked by documentaries. After reading the comments here about season 3, I may go on and remove it.
Season three seriously dulled my enjoyment of the show. I've yet to go on to season 4 even though I've heard it gets better and faster paced. Not sure if I will continue.

rlr718

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Medals
I’m putting cbs all access part of this as I do and have watched most of their original series and have enjoyed them.
Star Trek discovery and Picard
The new twilight zone
Strange angel
Tell me a story
Interrogation
One dollar

On amazon the one show I started and didn’t finish which I will restart is the man in the high castle. I did watch a show several months back called upload. About a digital heaven here your consciousness is uploaded and you can continue living. It’s a comedy drama and I thought well done.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Reaction score
Medals
That basically encapsulates why I can't quit the show.
As they say, the devil is in the details.

Is everybody still watching RIVERDALE? It seems to me that some shows suddenly become very popular and then suddenly everybody stops talking about it. The same happened to EMPIRE.
Bad, bad fans!:mo:

Rove

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
The same happened to EMPIRE.
Some of us try Willie however for me to continue to watch a series like Empire I need a character with some redeeming qualities. Someone I feel empathy towards. Empire had none of this. The character of Cookie put me off from the beginning with all her ruckus. I kept thinking why do people keep letting her in the house? It's what turned me off with original Dynasty when Alexis kept turning up at the Carrington mansion to fling some barbs towards Krystle. It became silly. In any other environment reality would have slapped Alexis to the curb.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Reaction score
Medals
It's what turned me off with original Dynasty when Alexis kept turning up at the Carrington mansion to fling some barbs towards Krystle
And JR could insult his family members (living under the same roof) time after time and totally get away with it.:cool1

James from London

Telly Talk Superstar
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Medals

Rove

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
And JR could insult his family members (living under the same roof) time after time and totally get away with it.:cool1
That's true yet this felt a natural fit for Dallas. As bizarre as it sounds having adult children still living under the same roof as their parents it's been duly noted the Ewing family often squabble amongst themselves however they also see it as a form of protection against outsiders.

My issue with Alexis arriving unannounced - in another drop dead Nolan Miller creation - at the Carrington mansion was she kept ignoring Blake and Krystle's direction to get out. Was Blake Carrington not rich enough to have security posted at the front gate?

James from London

Telly Talk Superstar
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Medals
I was just about to start re-watching The Fall on Netflix, but then at the last minute, the new series of Criminal appeared ahead of it in my My List list which meant, according to the rules, I had to start watching that instead, so I did. The first ep's really good. It's as much about the way the story unfolds as the story itself.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Reaction score
Medals
Currently in my list:
Better Call Saul
Fargo
Sex Education
Another Life (I watch the episodes in 10 minute installments because there's only so much stupidity I can take in one sitting. After a few good laughs, I stop).

Of course I'm very curious about these unknown stories, but if I finish them all a.s.a.p. then I'd feel like cancelling my subscription again (although at this point I don't think netflix takes my cancellations seriously anymore).

Rove

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
cancelling my subscription again
Here in Oz we've been informed the pricing for Netflix is going up. To be fair there has been no price increase since 2017 however they are becoming one of the most expensive streaming services. My service will move from $13.99 to $15.99 a month. My patience with Netflix is wearing thin. Some of their latest offerings are a little ordinary; do we need another Game of Thrones style series? And yet another teenage angst series with not a parent in sight and if there is it's tokenism. I suppose someone has to pay for those expensive smartphones and flashy cars the kids are seen with.

Netflix also removed one of my favourite series when I need a good laugh; That 70's Show and replaced it with Friends. Gee whiz Netflix Australia, one of the commercial networks here in Oz plays at least 4 episodes a day of Friends for free.

Rant over.

James from London

Telly Talk Superstar
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Medals
the new series of Criminal appeared ahead of it in my My List list which meant, according to the rules, I had to start watching that instead, so I did. The first ep's really good. It's as much about the way the story unfolds as the story itself.
And the second episode is really really really really good. Again, it's a premise I've seen a hundred times before but never dealt with in quite this way. It kind of reminded me of Cracker.