What titles are in your Netflix/Amazon etc list?

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
3CC4B88B-0F50-48E1-966F-3EB4A7F00A45.png

Canon

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lucky you! I wish I could see it for the first time again.

Having finished The Americans, I join you now in wishing I could watch it all again for the first time. Who knew a show about Russian spies would turn out to be a show about deeply complicated and moving relationships. God, I loved it.

20210207_134047.jpg

thomaswak

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Servant, season 2. I'm at episode 6.

Loving it very much. I can't wait, each week, to get a new episode. They got me addicted.

Crimson

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Servant, season 2. I'm at episode 6

I find Shyamalan's movies to be more miss than hit so I was skeptical about this one; halfway through season one, and it's been pretty strong so far. Very atmospheric and weird (in a good way). I've only recently signed up for Apple + and I've been alternating between SERVANT and THE MORNING SHOW.

Ukdallasfan

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Tonight we watched Dark Waters with Mark Ruffalo, Anne Hathaway and Bill Pullman. It was an excellent depiction of the real life class law suit against Du Pont who manufactured Teflon but were happy to poison people and animals near their plant with toxic chemical waste. Massively enjoyable as well as informative. I won’t be able to look at my non- stick pans in the same way again :)

thomaswak

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I find Shyamalan's movies to be more miss than hit so I was skeptical about this one; halfway through season one, and it's been pretty strong so far. Very atmospheric and weird (in a good way). I've only recently signed up for Apple + and I've been alternating between SERVANT and THE MORNING SHOW.

I agree. Shyamalan is able to do good movies (early movies) and really disappointing ones. Split was a good surprise, then Glass was mediocre.

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I wish I hadn't seen Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo. A series based on Germany's most famous child prostitute/ drug addict Christiane F. based on her interviews for 'Stern' magazine that also resulted in a book (1979) and a film in 1981 (Christiane F. - Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo).

The series extends the stories of the young teenagers who slide into drug addiction (heroin) and prostitution but adds nothing that deserves an 8-part Amazon Prime series. It fails on many levels, most of all casting and music.

The father of Christiane looks as if he's a younger brother. The shocking thing about Christiane F. for the public was her young age. The film hired teen actors but the series has only actors in their 20's to play 14-16 year old teens.

In a club techno music is used in one scene which is an extreme anachronism (electronic music of 1976-79 must have been Tangerine Dream or similar). They didn't forget to include David Bowie played by Alexander Scheer, last seen as the drug addicted writer in Sløborn who looks more as Babylon Berlin's actor Sabin Tambrea trying to look like Bowie. Someone meets him in a toilet after a concert. A far cry from Bowie's real concert appearance in the 1981 film. I've skipped a lot.